What is the problem?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: What is the problem?

also, per tommy heinsohn, rondo is the top pg in the league.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What is the problem?:
    In Response to Re: What is the problem? : Really?  Why would an old Celtic like Tommy Heinsohn say that another Celtic, Rondo is the top PG?  It's shocking.
    Posted by victorlee1234

Your comments really tell how simple minded you are. Just like 1234.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I wasn't up to posting after last nights game as I was thoroughly disgusted. Looking back the C's played as if they were all hung over from a party the night before. No energy and they just weren't playing smart team basketball. From the start of the game the C's were off.
        I rarely blame Doc for much as overall he's a very good coach. However last night Doc should have ordered and I do mean order his players to have worked the ball into Shaq and K.G in the post. Shaq was unstoppable during the first quarter and for no reason the C's stopped feeding him the ball. I think he got one pass in the post during the 2nd half and he was subsequently fouled.
        The Thunder did not have the defensive post players to challenge Shaq and K.G down low. Instead the C's settled for perimeter shots for the most part which was a big mistake.
         It's all water under the bridge now, but I hope they learned something from that inexcuseable loss last night. The Thunder were without their best and 3rd best players. inexcuseable if you ask me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

In Response to Re: What is the problem? : Everyone knows that if the Celtics took this game seriously they would have won. This loss is what you call an aberration. Westbrook is not a 3-point shooter, only 14.3% in the season, but he went 2-3 tonight. It was just not the Celtics night.
    Posted by P34

So when are they going to start taking games seriously?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What is the problem? : So when are they going to start taking games seriously?
    Posted by KGLove

After today's loss to Toronto I don't think the Celtics have what it takes to keep up with the Magic and the Heat. The Celtics are just not getting enough rebounds.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

P34, if we continue to play like this, we will not have enough.  Getting a win in Atlanta is not going to be easy.  This team just lacks in so many areas.  One game KG goes 10-10 in FTs and today he doesn't even get to the line.  On one play, he and Ray had a two on one.  Ray got the ball to him late but all he had to do was go up strong-he was right at the basket.  He turned and kicked the ball way out to PP at the 3-point line.  He basically has a layup and he kicks it out to Pierce for a missed 3-point shot.  Unbelievable.

I think our biggest problem is that we cannot defend anyone.  KG and Ray simply wave guys through to the basket.  KG tends to be too agressive and overplays too much.  On too many occasions, Ray just seems to be unable to stay in front of his man.  I've never seen so many 3-point plays and that's guys just not defending.

I love Semih but he is defensively out of control.  He swipes and reaches and hacks just too much to be the only backup center on the team.  He plays with no discipline.  He's young and hopefully he can improve in that area.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

P34, if we continue to play like this, we will not have enough.  Getting a win in Atlanta is not going to be easy.  This team just lacks in so many areas.  One game KG goes 10-10 in FTs and today he doesn't even get to the line.  On one play, he and Ray had a two on one.  Ray got the ball to him late but all he had to do was go up strong-he was right at the basket.  He turned and kicked the ball way out to PP at the 3-point line.  He basically has a layup and he kicks it out to Pierce for a missed 3-point shot.  Unbelievable. I think our biggest problem is that we cannot defend anyone.  KG and Ray simply wave guys through to the basket.  KG tends to be too agressive and overplays too much.  On too many occasions, Ray just seems to be unable to stay in front of his man.  I've never seen so many 3-point plays and that's guys just not defending. I love Semih but he is defensively out of control.  He swipes and reaches and hacks just too much to be the only backup center on the team.  He plays with no discipline.  He's young and hopefully he can improve in that area.
    Posted by Petey62

I agree, Pete.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

a big LOL to this...you guys have forgotten what this team is about!! im not proud of it, but at least i know. THE CELTICS DO NOT SHOW UP FOR EVERY GAME IN THE REGULAR SEASON!!! we have seen it for what, 3 yrs now? why is everybody trembling like "we cant beat the heat or magic"?? you have seen both sides, wen the celtics play (Heat games) and when they take off ( Cavs game). why is everyone bothered? you knwo this team has a switch, so just sit back, enjoy the preseason-like Regular season we are going to enjoy, then once playoffs hit, Rajon Rondo will remind you what he is really capable of. hes chillin right now folks!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

@ P34, im dissapointed in you. ive been reading for awhile and thought you had the knowledge to know what the C's have been doing for years now. im not knocking ya, just suprised

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

@ P34, im dissapointed in you. ive been reading for awhile and thought you had the knowledge to know what the C's have been doing for years now. im not knocking ya, just suprised
    Posted by Jamez+Hill

The Celtics could only get 36 rebounds against players like Bargnani, Reggie Evans and Amir Johnson.

You really think the Celtics will win a championship getting only 38 rebounds per game?

The Celtics are the worst rebounding team in the NBA right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    Your comments about the rebounding against Toronto are right on.  Tonight's game in Atlanta in addition is almost certain to be a loss, but I do think making judgements on the team's ability to win because of last night is incorrect.  We are still likely to get it going again. And you know based on what we have seen the Celtics will fall of the rails again when they do.  Unfortunately this is the team we have. We get it together later in the year and are healthy going into the playoffs.  We get to the finals and win.  Maybe we don't win as many games as we thought but the result is what we all want.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

a big LOL to this...you guys have forgotten what this team is about!! im not proud of it, but at least i know. THE CELTICS DO NOT SHOW UP FOR EVERY GAME IN THE REGULAR SEASON!!! we have seen it for what, 3 yrs now? why is everybody trembling like "we cant beat the heat or magic"?? you have seen both sides, wen the celtics play (Heat games) and when they take off ( Cavs game). why is everyone bothered? you knwo this team has a switch, so just sit back, enjoy the preseason-like Regular season we are going to enjoy, then once playoffs hit, Rajon Rondo will remind you what he is really capable of. hes chillin right now folks!
    Posted by Jamez+Hill

The C's don't show up for every game in the playoffs either (remember game 6 of the finals last year when the Celts were up 3 games to 2 and could have closed out the Lakers?)

It does get to be a bad habit when Rondo and his teammates are "chillin" instead of "playin"!

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,
    You don't think Rondo is really hurt?  Are you kidding?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Fierce, Your comments about the rebounding against Toronto are right on.  Tonight's game in Atlanta in addition is almost certain to be a loss, but I do think making judgements on the team's ability to win because of last night is incorrect.  We are still likely to get it going again. And you know based on what we have seen the Celtics will fall of the rails again when they do.  Unfortunately this is the team we have. We get it together later in the year and are healthy going into the playoffs.  We get to the finals and win.  Maybe we don't win as many games as we thought but the result is what we all want.
    Posted by concord27

My judgement is not solely based on the loss to Toronto. Against OKC the Celtics only got 31 rebounds, against Memphis only 32 rebounds, and against Miami at Miami only 35 rebounds. Something is really wrong if the Suns, with Turkoglu as the starting PF, is a better rebounding team than the Celtics. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Pud, You don't think Rondo is really hurt?  Are you kidding?
    Posted by concord27

I am simply paraphrasing Jamez and what I believe to be the essence of his post.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

"NO MORE LAYUPS"
    The Celtics really need to start playing tough, tough defense...hey, they get the short end of calls anyway based on reputation..."No more layups."

Sections
Shortcuts