What is this Celtics team missing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

What is this Celtics team missing?

They're not consistent and don't seem very focussed yet they have too many healthy bodies to just be coasting until the All-star break, so it seems like they still might be missing some piece of the puzzle that would make them click better... 

A) A. Bradley

B) A. Varejao

C) D. Milicic (as seen in the preseason)

D) R. Allen

E) Other

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: What is this Celtics team missing?

They are missing Bradley and another competent big.  If they get both they will be fine. if they don't they wont.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Andy Varejao...high energy defender who can board and score in inside. Trade some combination of Green, Bass, Lee for him, but not Bradley. The team also lacks a veteran scorer to back up CPP, especially if they move Green; either way they'll likely have one roster spot left for Grant Hill type of player.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to 34wheelchair's comment:

SO, BOSTON IS GOING TO TRADE THE PLAYERS THEY DON'T WANT LIKE GREEN, BASS OR LEE FOR VAREJO? IF THEY GET VAREJO ONE OF THOSE 3 WILL GO ALONG WITH BRADLEY, SULLINGER AND A DRAFT PICK!!!!!!!!

THAT'S A FACT JACK!!!!!!!!

MANY BLESSINGS TO YOUR VAREJO DREAMS!!!!!!!!!!!

"Varejo"

Wow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

Gortat and he's on the way.   Unfortunately Bradley may be the missing piece. Hopefully but not likely they will settle for Lee or Terry.

Bradley unless more injured that thought will never be traded to the Suns.  We will have to find another way to make that trade and I think we will.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to 34wheelchair's comment:

SO, BOSTON IS GOING TO TRADE THE PLAYERS THEY DON'T WANT LIKE GREEN, BASS OR LEE FOR VAREJO? IF THEY GET VAREJO ONE OF THOSE 3 WILL GO ALONG WITH BRADLEY, SULLINGER AND A DRAFT PICK!!!!!!!!

THAT'S A FACT JACK!!!!!!!!

MANY BLESSINGS TO YOUR VAREJO DREAMS!!!!!!!!!!!

"Varejo"

Wow.

We will go after Gortat instead. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

A and B

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Yeah I think AB will help them pressure the ball and run more and both Rondo and PP will kick it into another gear after the All-star break but I still worry about our interior defense and rotations.

Giving up on Darko so soon was a mistake because I just don't think Wilcox & Collins are going to cut it and KG may be spent come the playoffs even with his limited minutes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

they're missing heart, skill, hustle, and they're old as dirt......disappointing team, un-freakin-acceptable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

A star player!!  KG,Pierce and Rondo are good players, but you can't win in this league without a couple of star players!!  The hard part is how do we go about getting them!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

A star player!!  KG,Pierce and Rondo are good players, but you can't win in this league without a couple of star players!!  The hard part is how do we go about getting them!!

Getting a star player now is not realistic. Maybe next season or in 2015.

Believe me, i'm not expecting to get one this season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

they're missing heart, skill, hustle, and they're old as dirt......disappointing team, un-freakin-acceptable.

i think we're also missing a competent coach?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

because as we all (or at least should) know, there is NO EXCUSE for not having heart and hustle.  when those things go away, you can bet your bottom $ that the coach's voice has become "tiresome".  no coach lasts forever.

doc has been exposed as a coach who does not develop young talent- young talent develops accidentally and by attrition around him.  his front man thibs left town, they dumped clifford ray in a swamp because he needed foot surgery and the team couldn't be bothered and suddenly, two years later, it seems the curtain has been pulled back on the wizard of oz.  doc has nothing

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Yeah A and B; keep Green and Avery, deal Bass Melo Lee & #1pick for Varejoa.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Easy to say fire Doc. Who's going to replace him?

Jim O'Brien? 

Brian Shaw?

Nate McMillan?

Ugh!

i have a question- WHY was he signed to a 5 yr extension?  he did not show any particular coaching prowess after the departure of thibs / ray

do you really think a LACK of heart and LACK of hustle reflects back upon anything OTHER THAN the players having tired of a coach's voice?  i mean i got tired of doc's single-song years ago.  once the easy wins stop coming and times are tough, you think these grizzled vets really want to hear the same old doc crap?

but do tell fierce, what's your excuse / reason for finding lack of heart and hustle to be an acceptable condition?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

c'mon fierce make it good.  this team came out FLAT and not hustling FROM THE GET GO this year.  and we're really supposed to think they seriously are "all in" to try to "win it all" one more time?

looks to me like they came out with no passion, likely because the man running the show has no plan, no innovation, nothing to keep the ears of these vets and young players. why would he LOSE the ears of the vets that he supposedly led to glory?  what would make them tire of this "great coach"? 

Ubumtu!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts