What is with the small lineup and no centers beside Garnett

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

What is with the small lineup and no centers beside Garnett

You can't win by playing all midgets. How come Sullinger only played a few minutes???  Please give me your thoughts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: What is with the small lineup and no centers beside Garnett

bc he is a rookie. you dont give him 35 minutes in his first game in the league, against the reigning NBA champs. Unless you wanna overwhelm him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Sully'shot got blocked, and he outplayed by heat offensively and defensively.  Doc think he isnt ready to play  his first game of the year!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We need Darko to be able to play and if he is not going to be able to play we need an additonal big.

Jason Collin is a guy you stick out there to hard foul or fill up trash time.  So don't count him. This is going to be there all season.  We need someone to play when KG is not out there.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Wilcox...

Its game 1. Two of said BIGS were "not able to play" but lets remember that one data-point is not a pattern. Wilcox is scheduled to come back. Dark probably could have played if it was a playoff. Lets see how these two BIGS can affect the game before we go scouting for more...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

We are playing small to match their small line-ups. If the Celtics had a Center with a solid post-up game, we would force Lebron to defend KG or that Center down-low.  If Darko was that guy, have Darko on Bosh, Pierce on Lebron, KG on Battier. 

Lebron cannot defend a seven footer down low, but KG can defend a SF that stays in the corner like Battier. 

The Celtics have depth and that will be useful in the regular season, but against the Heat you only need 7 strong player...and that includes a true Center.  A trade for a Center is the best thing we could do.  All those undersized PF don't scare Lebron. 

Next time, we play the Heat, make them pay for playing small. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

When your playing from behind all night it is tough to put in the unknown.  This team will take a while to gel and figure out their rotations.  It is just tough to do that 1st game against the defending champs at their playground.

You will see Darko and Wilcox in there soon enough.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wilcox...

Its game 1. Two of said BIGS were "not able to play" but lets remember that one data-point is not a pattern. Wilcox is scheduled to come back. Dark probably could have played if it was a playoff. Lets see how these two BIGS can affect the game before we go scouting for more...

[/QUOTE]

I can't believe I forgot about Wilcox.  I think the reason is Wilcox is an x factor.  We just don't know if he is going to be able get on the floor and play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wilcox...

[/QUOTE]

I can't believe I forgot about Wilcox.  I think the reason is Wilcox is an x factor.  We just don't know if he is going to be able get on the floor and play.

[/QUOTE]

Wilcox has got to be as fast as Bosh, if not faster. He can definitely defend Bosh. All he has to do is stay with him, Bosh can't really effectively post-up against Wilcox. And if Doc wants to go small he can throw out a Rondo, Terry, Pierce, Green and Wilcox. Thats got to be a pretty solid line-up if Wilcox returns to what he was showing up last year.

Or even rest Rondo with KG and do a Barbosa, Terry, Pierce, Green, Wilcox. Thats three excelled 3pt shooters, a good 3 pt shooter, and a guy who can hold down the paint against Bosh or Haslem. AND a stupid-fast squad.

Just please god, doc, no stupid-super-small lineup with Green at the 5. Thats just too extreme.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

What if...

Sullinger is as good an outside shooter as they say he is. What if he continues to develop and push our expectations to the point where Doc feels as comfortable with him on the floor as BBass.

You have to ask the question: Could a Barbosa, Terry, Pierce, Green, Sullinger line-up be possible? That could have the potential of:

1. Speed, lots of speed.

2. 3pt shooting threat from all 5 positions

LEADING TO LOTS OF OFFENSE; WHILE RETAINING:

1. Rebounding (Offensive & Defensive)

2. Some inside presence/ defense against the post-up

If I were Doc, that would be my "hybrid-small" line-up to be used down the stretch as a catalyst for a big Offensive run.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

Maybe we can get Stiemsma back for rebounding and blocked shots. Ha, Ha , Ha.

Midgets lose again. Doc Rivers????????? What is on his mind?????

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

DARKO? WILCOX? ARE BIG BODIES AND A WASTE OF SPACE.
    They are leftovers - you don't expect anything in recycled box.

Ainge concentrated in the wings, super fast guards & shooting guards but no one will rebound (yep, this problem for a few years now). First, you have to get and protect the ball......then you can shoot the whole day.

I'm telling you, the way it is....it's gonna be a long season......of course unless he spend and pick up a banger like Josh Smith. You need quality not quantity.

Sections
Shortcuts