What is worse: Lakers meltdown this yr or Lebron's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

What is worse: Lakers meltdown this yr or Lebron's

Lakers getting swept is worse...just saying

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: What is worse: Lakers meltdown this yr or Lebron's

The actions of Odom and especially Bynum in Game 4 of the Dallas series was a blight on that game. And I guess that really does equate to a 'meltdown' but perhaps a different sort of meltdown that the title implies.

However Lebron choked badly in the finals. Lebron wasn't playing dirty he just was playing bad basketball. Particularly in those fourth quarters.

So from a basketball playing perspective in my mind it was Lebron. He failed to live up to the continued hype that is around him.

So I say Lebron ..... however ..... I don't really describe the incidents as meltdowns. One did show a player completely getting lost. The other, was highlighted by the outright thuggery of Andrew Bynum.

Simple thing was to imply a meltdown in both cases is to take away from the accomplishments of the team that actually won both series. It's better to give the complete credit to the Mavericks and leave it at that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

We expected, at least I did, Lebron to melt when the pressure got to be too much. Watching a championship caliber team with "the closer" implode to a team that matt barnes referred to as soft was definitely eye opening. The Heat got two more victories against the mavs than the lakers. Portland, Okc and mia got wins against dallas, and the lakers couldn't manage one win. Hell, they almost got taken down by NO, whose payroll doesn't isn't in the same area code as LA's. LA's early exit was definitely more embarassing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Lebron pulled a Dan Marino! Marino went into the 84 superbowl as the best QB of alltime and came out of it as second best to Montana. He NEVER got that rep back.
     Lebron came into this series as possibly the all time best NBA player and left the series as the clear third best player in THIS series. That is unbelieveable. His Rep just like Marino's is forever smudged. Marino will never get his due, and now Lebron unless he wins like five finals MVPS will never get his back either.

The lakers just came across as an aging team who needs some changes. That happens.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Lebron's. The Lakers did not suffer a meltdown. They suffered from a beat down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: What is worse: Lakers meltdown this yr or Lebron's:
    Lebron pulled a Dan Marino! Marino went into the 84 superbowl as the best QB of alltime and came out of it as second best to Montana. He NEVER got that rep back.  Lebron came into this series as possibly the all time best NBA player and left the series as the clear third best player in THIS series. That is unbelieveable. His Rep just like Marino's is forever smudged. Marino will never get his due, and now Lebron unless he wins like five finals MVPS will never get his back either. The lakers just came across as an aging team who needs some changes. That happens.
    Posted by Celtics1986

Marino also never had a running back or a vaulted defense. Montana had Roger Craig, and Ronnie Lott. Your comparison makes no sense, since Lebron does have Wade and Bosh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

great poll question. should have done it like that , would have loved to have seen the results. for me, its lebron. was on the bandwagon calling him the next jordan. he's more like the next pippen/magic at BEST. more like the next penny hardaway or a slightly better version of freddy ADU. lakers were due for a meltdown after all those games played the last 2 years. besides, they lost to the eventual champs. no shame in that.

Sections
Shortcuts