What rebounding help is out there for next season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

What rebounding help is out there for next season?

Reggie Evans?
    Kurt Thomas?
    Jeff Foster?

We can't afford Tyson Chandler!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: What rebounding help is out there for next season?

In Response to Re: What rebounding help is out there for next season?:
    [QUOTE]Not sure who is out there, but it looks like the days of signing slow veterans has past. http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4684018/doc-expounds-on-his-future-loss-to-heat Hopefully Doc is being sincere (I always reserve judgement as to if he is)
    Posted by jallen5799[/QUOTE]

Rebounding is definetly a need for us. Foster would be a good addition, but we also need a backup PG who can score relentlesly and create his own shot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

I like DeAndre Jordan and Thaddeus Young who are both restricted FA's. Carl Landry's price may be a bit steep, but he's out there as well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Carl Landry laker killer would be great here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

David West (PF) and Jose Barea (PG)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Draft Lucas Nogueira!

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/results/players/_/id/19598/lucas-nogueira

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

MLE?

Barea a rebounder? Up above (if you'd ever read for comprehension) you'd see that another poster is also concerned about a backup PG.

Again ... Davis's numbers were not much different from Tolliver's and the proof was in the pudding for all to see in the playoffs. You the big fan you claim to be bailed on Davis as soon as his play went south.

Finally, I never bet with anyone named Fiercest34 ... and since you claim to not have multiple user names then either you are a liar if you now claim to be Fierce34 or Fierce34 is not around any longer to lay claim to his bet ... too bad for him, eh?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

few other draft options in the late 20swww.mynbadraft.com/NBA-Draft-Profiles-2011/Trey-Thompkins" target="_self">

Trey Thompkins
    Ht/Wt: 6-9 / 247 lbs

Ht/Wt: 6-9 / 220 lbs
    Position: SF

Ht/Wt: 6-10 / 225 lbs
    Position: SF

Ht/Wt: 6-10 / 225 lbs
    Position: PF

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Whomever they get, I just hope he can be injury-free.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Kurt Thomas fancies himself a perimeter player nowdays and Reggie Evans is a one-dimensional psycho. I would pass on both of them. I want a tenacious center who plays inside, knows how to box out, and secures rebounds. Jeff Foster fits that description.

I love Foster's game. I think he's been grossly under-utilized during his years in Indiana. In 16 minutes per game this season, he averaged 6.8 rebounds. That's phenomenal. He'll be 35 in 2011-2012, so he's not someone who can start for this team. But for 15-20 minutes a night, he'd be a very good acquisition.

Another player I would like to add is Greg Oden. Although he keeps getting hurt, he's a protoypical rebounder who should dominate at the center position if he can ever stay healthy. In a way, his brittle nature is a good thing because otherwise the Celtics could never hope to sign someone like him for the MLE. He's a reasonable gamble because if he does stay healthy, he should be an All-Star talent for several years. The Celtics should throw the entire MLE at him, promise him a starting role, and hope he accepts it. Give him 4 years guaranteed and a 5th year option - whatever it takes. Opportunities to land a young impact player at less than maximum money do not come up often. He should be Target #1 this off-season.

I also proposed in another thread trading Kevin Garnett and Avery Bradley for David Lee and Andris Biedrins. I think the Warriors would possibly entertain such an offer because Garnett could provide some veteran leadership and defense to a young roster that has none of either. Garnett's contract is also shorter than the Lee and Biedrins deals, giving the Warriors greater long-term cap flexibility. Ainge has hinted that he might make a big trade because he doesn't consider it prudent to allow an aging core to grow old and ineffective together.

Ignoring trade possibilities, however, the additions of Oden and Foster would provide definite upgrades to the 4/5 rotation:

C: Greg Oden (25 min.), Jermaine O'Neal (15 min.), Shaquille O'Neal (8 min.)
    PF: Kevin Garnett (25 min.), Jeff Foster (18 min.), Jeff Green (5 min.)

Green would receive another 20-25 minutes at SF and SG.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]David West (PF) and Jose Barea (PG)
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Your basketball IQ must be way below the charts. David West is an undersized PF known for shooting jump shots. If you want rebounding he's not the man.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

I really don't know how the money works. My limited understanding is that we don't have much room to spend, assuming Green, Baby, and Delonte return. Add Krstic and I don't think there is any dough for a major pickup.

Jordan would be great, I'd love it, but could they do it???? $$$ wise, I mean.

What I don't want to see is more old timers... McDyess, Grant Hill, even Tim Duncan... yep, his contracts up. No more.

Nope. I wanna see youth. We're too slow to the ball now. First, you've got to get the ball. Rebounding and quickness. Any Rodman's around?

Miami was the team we could have beaten. But we could play Chicago 100 times and they'd win 80. Too quick for us.

Anyway, Doc will have to show some flex next year and work some kids into the mix. No more oldies.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I don't really know who's available out there. Greg Oden is an appealing prospect if he can get healthy. If pickings are slim in the local market, Danny Ainge should scour the European leagues. Erden wasn't that bad considering he was injured and lacked playing experience.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

PP said there is going to be some major changes....Doc is reupping for a few years...I say this means they got something brewing in the mix...they shocked the world once and it pay off in the first year!!!!  Could they shock the world again and have it pay off in the first year?  That blue print looks pretty good......don't know what the h e l l it could be but I think Danny is tossing and turning about this...and with a new CBA....who knows what will happen??????

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Samuel Dalembert is headed to FA, no?  He is a Perkins type player.  I think he could help.  They also need a guy who can play some minutes at the 2-3 and who can play some defense.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Deandre Jordan would be perfect if they could get him with the money they have to spend.  That is doubtful though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

[QUOTE]Deandre Jordan would be perfect if they could get him with the money they have to spend.  That is doubtful though.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE

I just checked him out. He played for less than a million last year. I love him. He doesn't need shots. He bangs, rejects and dunks. Bring back Clifford Ray and make this happen.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I like DeAndre Jordan and Thaddeus Young who are both restricted FA's. Carl Landry's price may be a bit steep, but he's out there as well.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]

Fantsizing is never a bad thing.....