What seperates a good perimeter player from a great one?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

What seperates a good perimeter player from a great one?

Ball-handling!

Pierce is better than Ray Allen, not because he is a better shooter. It's because he is a better ball-handler and as such, can get to the rim without any help from anyone, and can also get off his shot for himself when the offense breaks down.

This is the major difference between Nique and Jordan! Think about it.
    Imagine what kind of player Eddie House would be if he were as good at ball-handling as Rondo!

He would be on a par with Steve Nash! Instead he is a specialty player making vet minimum!

So PLEASE Celtics brass, draft perimeter players with great handle and the intelligence to use it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidB1. Show DavidB1's posts

Re: What seperates a good perimeter player from a great one?

hahahaha Eddie House would be on par with Steve Nash just if he had better ball handling. Yeah I'm sure that would also make Eddie House win 2 straight MVPs, be like the only one or only two point guards that shoot better than 50%, average 10+ assists, become the "offensive system" of his team and make playstation like passes and plays.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: What seperates a good perimeter player from a great one?:
    [QUOTE]hahahaha Eddie House would be on par with Steve Nash just if he had better ball handling. Yeah I'm sure that would also make Eddie House win 2 straight MVPs, be like the only one or only two point guards that shoot better than 50%, average 10+ assists, become the "offensive system" of his team and make playstation like passes and plays.
    Posted by DavidB1[/QUOTE]

O.K., maybe I exaggerated a bit. But, you catch my drift!

It's easy to make plays when your ball-handling causes double teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: What seperates a good perimeter player from a great one?:
    [QUOTE]Guys, the Celtics have to eat some crow here, they had good perimeter people and they traded them away or let them go.   The should have kept Posey as part of the "core"; they should have kept Tony Allen; they had Nate Robinson, who was a pest defensively and energy offensively.  I fault the Celtics for trying to make him into something he was not, a point guard and then talk about his decision-making.   All we heard was about the "ball pressure" we were going to see with him and Delonte and we never waited for that to pan-out.   All the talk about needing a back-up for Pierce and Allen was a lot of baloney; that guy was Delonte West and if you needed to go deeper, Von Wafer.  If you were not going to play Von Wafer, then Keep Lasme who by all accounts had what you wanted in athletisim.   Why cut Chirs Johnson and keep Carlos Arroyo, if he was never going to be part of your rotation.  Johnson was exactly the kind of "above the rim" guy with energy that you want to develop.  I look at Billy Walker and Jr Giddens and we get nothing out of them becasue we never developed them.   We talk about these droughts offensively and we forget that when the conventional play book gets stagnant, you had guys like Eddie House and Nate Robinson to do the unexpected. 
    Posted by ShepherdCall[/QUOTE]

You are correct, only Giddens is not an NBA player. It is really too bad we passed on Jordan for him. Bill Walker to me could still be a role player for us.

Sections
Shortcuts