What should the Celtics do now?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: What should the Celtics do now?

Rondo and Wilcox for Nash and Lopez
    OR Rondo for Westbrook, which I don't think OKC would do!!

KG and a #1 for Jefferson and Millsap (Utah wants to go young, and can save 21 mill at the end of the year)

Wait and see on Ray - someone could get injured on a contender, but he can't be traded for just a draft pick (I know he COULD, but I want a player)

Next year, re-sign Green, go after Nick Young..would need another PG - Nash? Mo Williams?  Don't see DWill signing here.  Bring back Ray OFF THE BENCH only.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now?:
    KYceltic, But let Pierce play less. As you say we are stuck with him.  He may start to play better with less minutes.
    Posted by concord27

I agree with letting all of the big or old 3 play less. I think Doc and Danny  need to figure out real quick, if they want to be a low seed playoff team, which i'm not sure we can even be that, or play the young guys which i tend to favor, and get bad fast, so the rebuilding can begin. Picking 15th to 22nd won't get us an impact player. We need to find a super star to build around!!  I know, it's eaisier said then done!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Rondo and Wilcox for Nash and Lopez OR Rondo for Westbrook, which I don't think OKC would do!! KG and a #1 for Jefferson and Millsap (Utah wants to go young, and can save 21 mill at the end of the year) Wait and see on Ray - someone could get injured on a contender, but he can't be traded for just a draft pick (I know he COULD, but I want a player) Next year, re-sign Green, go after Nick Young..would need another PG - Nash? Mo Williams?  Don't see DWill signing here.  Bring back Ray OFF THE BENCH only.
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Are you Fierce in disguise?  Another pipe dream scenario.  Old man Nash will send this team to locker room to get their AARP card and SSI checks.  You think Ray is bad on defense and you would want to have Nash who cant play defense with him?  Get real!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFanOutWest. Show LakerFanOutWest's posts

Unconditional Surrender?

You Boston fans are SO funny...trade Allen for Howard.  Yep, I'm sure trading a 60-year old player for the top center in basketball...THAT'LL work.

Give it up.  You have no chance for another banner with this team.  Trade away all you can for new players (other than Rondo) and start fresh.

And get rid of the idiot Ainge. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : Are you Fierce in disguise?  Another pipe dream scenario.  Old man Nash will send this team to locker room to get their AARP card and SSI checks.  You think Ray is bad on defense and you would want to have Nash who cant play defense with him?  Get real!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g

Nash is a one year rental - he can shoot better than Rondo, and is  a better passer.  The deal also includes Lopez - who is MILES ahead of JON at this stage.  If you have a better idea, please chime in - otherwise, I AM getting real!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Unconditional Surrender? You Boston fans are SO funny...trade Allen for Howard.  Yep, I'm sure trading a 60-year old player for the top center in basketball...THAT'LL work. Give it up.  You have no chance for another banner with this team.  Trade away all you can for new players (other than Rondo) and start fresh. And get rid of the idiot Ainge. 
    Posted by LakerFanOutWest

Hate to say it but I have to agree with you. Unfortunately, nostalgia and emotions will get in the way and it won't happen. Could be the real boost for another 22 season hiatus.

Ugh!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Unconditional Surrender? You Boston fans are SO funny...trade Allen for Howard.  Yep, I'm sure trading a 60-year old player for the top center in basketball...THAT'LL work. Give it up.  You have no chance for another banner with this team.  Trade away all you can for new players (other than Rondo) and start fresh. And get rid of the idiot Ainge. 

Another laker troll who twists things around.  Who proposed Ray for Howard? I live in LA, and it seems to me that after the DEN game (second one) there were people on the LA Times saying the lakers should amnesty koME, that he was done!!  You LA fans are SO funny.......yes, I also read Metta World Peace would be 6th man of the year!!  Listen bud, we KNOW we can't win with this group........just like deep down, you know you can't win with yours!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : Another laker troll who twists things around.  Who proposed Ray for Howard? I live in LA, and it seems to me that after the DEN game (second one) there were people on the LA Times saying the lakers should amnesty koME, that he was done!!  You LA fans are SO funny.......yes, I also read Metta World Peace would be 6th man of the year!!  Listen bud, we KNOW we can't win with this group........just like deep down, you know you can't win with yours!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

The Lakers at least have a chance and good bargaining chips. The Celts have Huey, Dewie and Louie.

Btw, you posted yesterday that Bynum was traded for Juvenile. However, you haven't posted a link and Bynum played yesterday for the Lakers. Was it a flat out lie or drug induced ranting?

Ugh! What a mess.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Russ,
    Give laker trolls a few weeks when Kobe starts breaking down, Bynum gets injured and dissension hits. They will be shaking in their boots, they are going nowhere.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Utah is NOT trading away their best two players (Jefferson and Millsap) for Garnett and a 1st round pick. They can't have a team of all 20-22 year olds next year.

They don't need so much cap space when free agents aren't going to be flocking to Utah to play with Derrick Favors and Gordon Hayward.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Utah is NOT trading away their best two players (Jefferson and Millsap) for Garnett and a 1st round pick. They can't have a team of all 20-22 year olds next year. They don't need so much cap space when free agents aren't going to be flocking to Utah to play with Derrick Favors and Gordon Hayward.
    Posted by mtrax

Why is it that Laker fans on this site can see this but our own Celtic fans can't? Our so called 'big 3' don't have hardly and trade value and now the Celtics and their fans are suffering for poor contracts offered by DA.

Nostalgia and emotion got in the way of sound business management. The Lakers had no problem ditching LO and Gasol (rescinded by Herr Stern) and had that gone through the Lakers would have been the team to beat with CP3 and supposedly a DH trade that got nixed.

That's why the Lakers are continually challenging while Boston wallow's in past glory! Ugh.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobbestgolf. Show bobbestgolf's posts

IF GOING ZONE IS AN OPTION. GO 2 3 ZONE. THE BEST TEACHER FOR THIS IS SYRACUSE'S IJIM BOHEIM. 30+ YEARS EXPERIENCE.GO C'S

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFanOutWest. Show LakerFanOutWest's posts

In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : Another laker troll who twists things around.  Who proposed Ray for Howard? I live in LA, and it seems to me that after the DEN game (second one) there were people on the LA Times saying the lakers should amnesty koME, that he was done!!  You LA fans are SO funny.......yes, I also read Metta World Peace would be 6th man of the year!!  Listen bud, we KNOW we can't win with this group........just like deep down, you know you can't win with yours!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

The Lakers at least have a chance and good bargaining chips. The Celts have Huey, Dewie and Louie.

Posted by Red-16Russ-11

"The Lakers at least have a chance and good bargaining chips. The Celts have Huey, Dewie and Louie"

Actually, the Celtics have Huey, Dewie and Louie's grandfathers.

And yes, we (Lakers) probably aren't going too far at this point, but we are agressively looking to improve, and stand a pretty good chance of landing Howard.  Our management has been pretty good at constantly feeding us that next great franchise player or significant piece.  I would be surprised if we didn't significantly better ourselves before the trading deadline.

On the other hand, you have a stooge as a General Manager.  Ainge doesn't help take you to the next level, he has knocked you down a peg or two.  As much as I hate the Celtics, I respect the franchise and was shocked last year with Ainge torpedoing the team by dumping Perkins (gee, where are the pieces you got for that now?).  You were rolling last year - your last hurrah, but he trashed it.  For nothing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : Another laker troll who twists things around.  Who proposed Ray for Howard? I live in LA, and it seems to me that after the DEN game (second one) there were people on the LA Times saying the lakers should amnesty koME, that he was done!!  You LA fans are SO funny.......yes, I also read Metta World Peace would be 6th man of the year!!  Listen bud, we KNOW we can't win with this group........just like deep down, you know you can't win with yours!! Posted by Red-16Russ-11 The Lakers at least have a chance and good bargaining chips. The Celts have Huey, Dewie and Louie.   In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : Another laker troll who twists things around.  Who proposed Ray for Howard? I live in LA, and it seems to me that after the DEN game (second one) there were people on the LA Times saying the lakers should amnesty koME, that he was done!!  You LA fans are SO funny.......yes, I also read Metta World Peace would be 6th man of the year!!  Listen bud, we KNOW we can't win with this group........just like deep down, you know you can't win with yours!! Posted by Red-16Russ-11 The Lakers at least have a chance and good bargaining chips. The Celts have Huey, Dewie and Louie. "The Lakers at least have a chance and good bargaining chips. The Celts have Huey, Dewie and Louie" Actually, the Celtics have Huey, Dewie and Louie's grandfathers. And yes, we (Lakers) probably aren't going too far at this point, but we are agressively looking to improve, and stand a pretty good chance of landing Howard.  Our management has been pretty good at constantly feeding us that next great franchise player or significant piece.  I would be surprised if we didn't significantly better ourselves before the trading deadline. On the other hand, you have a stooge as a General Manager.  Ainge doesn't help take you to the next level, he has knocked you down a peg or two.  As much as I hate the Celtics, I respect the franchise and was shocked last year with Ainge torpedoing the team by dumping Perkins (gee, where are the pieces you got for that now?).  You were rolling last year - your last hurrah, but he trashed it.  For nothing.

So, at least the lakers have good bargaining chips while the Celtics have Huey, Dewey and Lewey...is that what you're saying.  After THREE times I think I finally see you point!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : Another laker troll who twists things around.  Who proposed Ray for Howard? I live in LA, and it seems to me that after the DEN game (second one) there were people on the LA Times saying the lakers should amnesty koME, that he was done!!  You LA fans are SO funny.......yes, I also read Metta World Peace would be 6th man of the year!!  Listen bud, we KNOW we can't win with this group........just like deep down, you know you can't win with yours!! Posted by Red-16Russ-11 The Lakers at least have a chance and good bargaining chips. The Celts have Huey, Dewie and Louie.   In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : Another laker troll who twists things around.  Who proposed Ray for Howard? I live in LA, and it seems to me that after the DEN game (second one) there were people on the LA Times saying the lakers should amnesty koME, that he was done!!  You LA fans are SO funny.......yes, I also read Metta World Peace would be 6th man of the year!!  Listen bud, we KNOW we can't win with this group........just like deep down, you know you can't win with yours!! Posted by Red-16Russ-11 The Lakers at least have a chance and good bargaining chips. The Celts have Huey, Dewie and Louie. "The Lakers at least have a chance and good bargaining chips. The Celts have Huey, Dewie and Louie" Actually, the Celtics have Huey, Dewie and Louie's grandfathers. And yes, we (Lakers) probably aren't going too far at this point, but we are agressively looking to improve, and stand a pretty good chance of landing Howard.  Our management has been pretty good at constantly feeding us that next great franchise player or significant piece.  I would be surprised if we didn't significantly better ourselves before the trading deadline. On the other hand, you have a stooge as a General Manager.  Ainge doesn't help take you to the next level, he has knocked you down a peg or two.  As much as I hate the Celtics, I respect the franchise and was shocked last year with Ainge torpedoing the team by dumping Perkins (gee, where are the pieces you got for that now?).  You were rolling last year - your last hurrah, but he trashed it.  For nothing.

How do you stand a good shot at Howard again?  By trading both Bynum and Gasol??

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Here's how Howard to LA could work:

LA gets Howard, Turkoglu, Duhon
    Orl gets Bynum, Beasley, Walton, LA's 2012 1st round pick, LA's 2014 1st round pick
    Minn gets Orlando's 2012 2nd round pick, LA's 2013 2nd round pick 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFanOutWest. Show LakerFanOutWest's posts

Lakers won't - and shouldn't - trade Gasol and Bynum.  Bynum only.  If Orlando wants more, let them go for it.  They can't do much better than Bynum, unless they are looking for draft choices.  And apparently their owner is not looking to develop a new team through draft choices, making Bynum and the Lakers the best choice for the trade.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Lakers won't - and shouldn't - trade Gasol and Bynum.  Bynum only.  If Orlando wants more, let them go for it.  They can't do much better than Bynum, unless they are looking for draft choices.  And apparently their owner is not looking to develop a new team through draft choices, making Bynum and the Lakers the best choice for the trade.

1. He will not be traded before the All-Star game (IN ORL, btw).
    2. He has said NJ is still his #1  choice
    3. He has said he may opt in for next year, since the team is winning
    4. I really don't think Otis Smith wants to help the lakers.
    5.  Before the latest injury, ATL offered Joe Johnson AND Al Horford.
    6. Golden State is willing to RENT him for the year and will offer David Lee and either Ellis or Curry.

Still think Bynum is enough??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : 1. He will not be traded before the All-Star game (IN ORL, btw). 2. He has said NJ is still his #1  choice 3. He has said he may opt in for next year, since the team is winning 4. I really don't think Otis Smith wants to help the lakers. 5.  Before the latest injury, ATL offered Joe Johnson AND Al Horford. 6. Golden State is willing to RENT him for the year and will offer David Lee and either Ellis or Curry. Still think Bynum is enough??
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

This is coming from someone who said the Lakers had traded Bynum already for some guy called Juvenile. No cred!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberstalking

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : How do you stand a good shot at Howard again?  By trading both Bynum and Gasol??
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Bro, you are still in denial?  I've been telling you since before the season started that the Lakers have the best trade scenario available.  Obviously you are desperate for the Lakers to trade both Gasol and Bynum, but I doubt that happens.  If Bynum is on the block the Magic get Bynum, trade exception, scrub players and bag of balls.  Enjoy your day!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : Nash is a one year rental - he can shoot better than Rondo, and is  a better passer.  The deal also includes Lopez - who is MILES ahead of JON at this stage.  If you have a better idea, please chime in - otherwise, I AM getting real!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

better passer? are you kidding me? lmao. trade for nash and see how bad our rebounding gets. oppossing pg would have a field day. you must not understand. nash=WORST DEFENSIVE PG IN THE NBA.

Sections
Shortcuts