What should the Celtics do now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: What should the Celtics do now?

In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now?:
    In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : better passer? are you kidding me? lmao. trade for nash and see how bad our rebounding gets. oppossing pg would have a field goal. you must not understand. nash=WORST DEFENSIVE PG IN THE NBA.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Trade also includes Lopez - and I am tired of you ragging on me!!  What is YOUR solution - are you afraid we'd all poke holes in it??  At least I am using my head, and not just shooting everyone down - geez - please don't respond to me anymore unles you want to make a positive comment!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : Trade also includes Lopez - and I am tired of you ragging on me!!  What is YOUR solution - are you afraid we'd all poke holes in it??  At least I am using my head, and not just shooting everyone down - geez - please don't respond to me anymore unles you want to make a positive comment!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

lol..im sorry. let me be nicer. im too nice for people to think im mean haha. my solution is that we wait more than 9 games before deciding we need to blow up our team.

1. lets allow our main scorer (pierce) to get into real game shape. he has admitted he is sore bc hes not in game shape yet bc of the injury..lets let him be him.

2. lets allow our bench to acclimate. Pietrus looks like he is gunna really help us he too needs to get into game shape and develop continuity with the bench. a bench of Pietrus, Bass, Dooling, a center and a starter isnt half bad.

3. Play Stiemsma more. the short sampling we got from him gave us no indication that he couldnt play this game at a decent level. we lean on JO way too much wen GS gives us more energy and protection in the post. i honestly consider starting him. but you have to get him more minutes. 

these three solutions alone are in-home. at this point, 9 games in, i find no need to blow up the team. New Teams struggle all the time at the beginning, and i think we need to honestly see what we have before talking about blowing up the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : Trade also includes Lopez - and I am tired of you ragging on me!!  What is YOUR solution - are you afraid we'd all poke holes in it??  At least I am using my head, and not just shooting everyone down - geez - please don't respond to me anymore unles you want to make a positive comment!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

lol..im sorry. let me be nicer. im too nice for people to think im mean haha. my solution is that we wait more than 9 games before deciding we need to blow up our team.

1. lets allow our main scorer (pierce) to get into real game shape. he has admitted he is sore bc hes not in game shape yet bc of the injury..lets let him be him.

2. lets allow our bench to acclimate. Pietrus looks like he is gunna really help us he too needs to get into game shape and develop continuity with the bench. a bench of Pietrus, Bass, Dooling, a center and a starter isnt half bad.

3. Play Stiemsma more. the short sampling we got from him gave us no indication that he couldnt play this game at a decent level. we lean on JO way too much wen GS gives us more energy and protection in the post. i honestly consider starting him. but you have to get him more minutes. 

these three solutions alone are in-home. at this point, 9 games in, i find no need to blow up the team. New Teams struggle all the time at the beginning, and i think we need to honestly see what we have before talking about blowing up the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : Nash is a one year rental - he can shoot better than Rondo, and is  a better passer.  The deal also includes Lopez - who is MILES ahead of JON at this stage.  If you have a better idea, please chime in - otherwise, I AM getting real!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11"

Russ, I know you're trying to help the team with good intentions, but I have a couple issues here. A minor one is that I think Rondo may be a better passer than Nash, he's at least as good. Nash is the better shooter by FAR. However, this trade would not make the Celts a championship contender. It would make them better, yes, but only for a year, and then if Nash walks you have nothing. I think your Rondo for Westbrook idea is better, the Celts can use pure scoring right now and if the chemistry problems in OKC got worse, it might be something OKC would listen to. Nash on the Celts would have some big problems, it would be an aging team in that Lakers style of Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone where Payton and Malone were too old to carry their weight...

In the absence of Rondo for Westbrook, I think the Celts are better off standing pat and having a so-so season in the interests of having more cap room next year. A great trade for a younger player, great - but not an all or nothing Perkins type trade when we're not that close to being a contender.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : lol..im sorry. let me be nicer. im too nice for people to think im mean haha. my solution is that we wait more than 9 games before deciding we need to blow up our team. 1. lets allow our main scorer (pierce) to get into real game shape. he has admitted he is sore bc hes not in game shape yet bc of the injury..lets let him be him. 2. lets allow our bench to acclimate. Pietrus looks like he is gunna really help us he too needs to get into game shape and develop continuity with the bench. a bench of Pietrus, Bass, Dooling, a center and a starter isnt half bad. 3. Play Stiemsma more. the short sampling we got from him gave us no indication that he couldnt play this game at a decent level. we lean on JO way too much wen GS gives us more energy and protection in the post. i honestly consider starting him. but you have to get him more minutes.  these three solutions alone are in-home. at this point, 9 games in, i find no need to blow up the team. New Teams struggle all the time at the beginning, and i think we need to honestly see what we have before talking about blowing up the team.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Thanks, those are all good solutions!!  I'm just getting impatient!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

" In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : Nash is a one year rental - he can shoot better than Rondo, and is  a better passer.  The deal also includes Lopez - who is MILES ahead of JON at this stage.  If you have a better idea, please chime in - otherwise, I AM getting real!! Posted by Red-16Russ-11" Russ, I know you're trying to help the team with good intentions, but I have a couple issues here. A minor one is that I think Rondo may be a better passer than Nash, he's at least as good. Nash is the better shooter by FAR. However, this trade would not make the Celts a championship contender. It would make them better, yes, but only for a year, and then if Nash walks you have nothing. I think your Rondo for Westbrook idea is better, the Celts can use pure scoring right now and if the chemistry problems in OKC got worse, it might be something OKC would listen to. Nash on the Celts would have some big problems, it would be an aging team in that Lakers style of Shaq, Kobe, Payton and Malone where Payton and Malone were too old to carry their weight... In the absence of Rondo for Westbrook, I think the Celts are better off standing pat and having a so-so season in the interests of having more cap room next year. A great trade for a younger player, great - but not an all or nothing Perkins type trade when we're not that close to being a contender.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

I respect your opinion!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRedStain. Show TheRedStain's posts

In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : Another laker troll who twists things around.  Who proposed Ray for Howard? I live in LA, and it seems to me that after the DEN game (second one) there were people on the LA Times saying the lakers should amnesty koME, that he was done!!  You LA fans are SO funny.......yes, I also read Metta World Peace would be 6th man of the year!!  Listen bud, we KNOW we can't win with this group........just like deep down, you know you can't win with yours!! Posted by Red-16Russ-11 The Lakers at least have a chance and good bargaining chips. The Celts have Huey, Dewie and Louie.   In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : Another laker troll who twists things around.  Who proposed Ray for Howard? I live in LA, and it seems to me that after the DEN game (second one) there were people on the LA Times saying the lakers should amnesty koME, that he was done!!  You LA fans are SO funny.......yes, I also read Metta World Peace would be 6th man of the year!!  Listen bud, we KNOW we can't win with this group........just like deep down, you know you can't win with yours!! Posted by Red-16Russ-11 The Lakers at least have a chance and good bargaining chips. The Celts have Huey, Dewie and Louie. "The Lakers at least have a chance and good bargaining chips. The Celts have Huey, Dewie and Louie" Actually, the Celtics have Huey, Dewie and Louie's grandfathers. And yes, we (Lakers) probably aren't going too far at this point, but we are agressively looking to improve, and stand a pretty good chance of landing Howard.  Our management has been pretty good at constantly feeding us that next great franchise player or significant piece.  I would be surprised if we didn't significantly better ourselves before the trading deadline. On the other hand, you have a stooge as a General Manager.  Ainge doesn't help take you to the next level, he has knocked you down a peg or two.  As much as I hate the Celtics, I respect the franchise and was shocked last year with Ainge torpedoing the team by dumping Perkins (gee, where are the pieces you got for that now?).  You were rolling last year - your last hurrah, but he trashed it.  For nothing.
    Posted by LakerFanOutWest

Obviously a troll like this goofball wouldn't be aware that Perkins refused to sign an extention at a price the Celtics could afford, so he signed his own ticket out of town.
    Isn't it odd that trolls want us to get rid of "stooges" - who would only hurt our team? Makes little sense - just like trolls.
    And this troll doesn't seem to know that Jeff Green developed a heart defect during the off-season - which no one could have forseen.....they sure don't spend any time investigating their allegations before making a fool of themselves. Trolls! They're like court jesters for we Kings of the Parquet! And what did the Fakers get for their best 6th man, celebutante Lamar Odom Kardishian? Run along now, son! Mommy's going to be home from her job any minute and will want you to apply the lotion to the dance pole bruises.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

In Response to Re: What should the Celtics do now? : You're being selfish. Ray Allen deserves better than this.  Ray still has a lot more to give, he needs to be on a contender.
    Posted by Fiercest34
    who r u to decide where ray would go?didn't u hear ra say b4 that he wants to stay as a celtic??i mean who do u think u r?i used to like what r u saying here but now its all clear ,u r just a dreamer.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

why would u trade ray to help other team?why not help his team first b4 helping the miami heat winning it with ray?i know nba is no loyalty but to be pair celtics management has been loyal to our big 3. in my opinion,ra pp kg will retire as celtics.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

datruth,
    I get your sentiments.  I wanted it to end that way. We have to be smart and rebuild and see what we can get for these guys we have embraced the last four years.

All that said if after the next five games we turn around I would not trade any of these guys or maybe I would if the offers were good enough.  I would not hold your breath though.  We don't seem to have much chance with these better teams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

What should the Celtics do?

Sections
Shortcuts