What should we do with our cap space thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

What should we do with our cap space thread

Everyone seems to want to talk about this summer and rebuilding before this season has even kicked off. I can't wait to watch this years team... but am pretty interested in the future as well.... so here is a thread for that and my personal ideas on what the game plan should be.

Salary cap is going to stay at 58 million next year.

There is a 99% chance we DO NOT get Dwight Howard... but at leats Danny can say he cleared enough space to make an offer. That is more than M.L. and the Gaston's could say when Shaq/Mourning/Dikemebe all became free agents and we were paying Pervis/Dino/Dana.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: What should we do with our cap space thread

So...

Pierce, Rondo, Avery Bradley, E'Twuan Moore and JuJuan Johnson will make about 31 million, Bass has a 4 million player option.

Let's say that Bass opts out... we can always bring him back holding his Bird Rights.

We are now 27 million under the cap.

What should Danny do?

Build a team around Rondo for starters... they have to be able to shoot, run, have great hands and play above the rim. The new Celtics style needs to be like the :07 seconds or less Suns.

Be a fun 2nd rd playoff team that scores 110 points, has the fans excited every night, allows Pierce to have some Bird in '92 McHale in '93 swan song playoff heroics before he retires...

and then hope that when we have cap space again to offer a max deal in 2014 that Rondo has transformed himself into the Nash type PG everyone wants to sign with. (just a decent J and 75% FT's required, not a Nash clone obv. but he will only be 28 that summer and still an all-wordl defender)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

My free agency moves would be looking for players to play the style that fits Rondo best.

And we may have to overpay a little... b/c apparently tradition doesn't matter and Boston is cold and has no beaches... ha.

I would go after Jason Thompson... he is restricted... the Kings have money problems and other young players to extend who are more important. He has never played with a good or even very good passing PG. Rondo is top 4 in the game at that and Kidd/Nash are not going to be her emuch longer.

Thompson age 22-24 on the dreadful Kings was a 27 minute, 11 point, 7 rebound, 1 block 50% FG 68% FT guy.

On our winning team with Rondo age 26-29 he should be paid to hopefully turn into a 34 minute, 17 point, 10 rebound 2 block, 55% FG 75% FT guy.

So we ofgfer him more than DeAndre Jordan got... something close to what
    Nene/Chandler got (13-14 million per) and hope the Kings don't match. 4 years 50 million.

BAM!

We have a 6'11" 250 lb F-C who can jump, is very good athlete, decent shot/offensive skills that will only get better and he is over 2 years younger (and stronger) than the similar sized Chris Bosh.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Now we have Pierce as the 24-28 minute a game Captain, enjoying his last 2 years in Boston as 14p-4r-3a-1s per game mentor to a fun young team, playing SG and SF- maybe winning a couple 6th man of the year awards... before he goes up in the rafters and hits Europe where he wants his kids to get a cultural experience while he remains a starter and elite scorer into his early 40's.

We have Rondo with maturity and a slighlty improved shot... we will assume he will at least keep you honest from 18 feet and hit 75% of his FT's. He'll also be a 17p-13a-6r-2s all-star ands all defensive 1st team guy.

JuJuan Johnson develops into a reliable option who sticks mid-range J's, defends the Deng/Noah, Bosh, Chandler,  Ibaka types with energy and length and finishes well on the break. Maybe an 18 minute 8p-5r-1b guy.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: What should we do with our cap space thread:
    [QUOTE]Offer RFA JaVale McGee (QO @ $3.5M) $7.5M/yr for starters ... If that fails then Kamen for 2 yrs @ $10M per.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Beautiful  This was my second FA move to Thompson.

Kaman at 2/10 or McGee at 4/30

You called it exactly Mployee

I think that the Wiz would match McGee tho, where the Kings wouldn't go 4/50 for Thompson

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Lakers and Celtics do not make trades with each other (aside from Payton for Atkins when the C's were a bad club).

They will especially not make a massive trade like the one Fierce is proposing.

When would this trade take place? Over the summer? We have no idea whats going on with Green right now and he can't be tarded for 6 months.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]With Kaman the Celtics will just be an 8th seed in the east.  The problem with Kaman is he's only good on the offensive end. He's not a good defensive player and he's not a great rebounder, only 8.3 rpg in his career. Emeka Okafor is even a better overall player than Chris Kaman.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Chris Kaman: 29.7 mins   11.8 pts   8.3 reb

Brook Lopez: 34.2 mins   17.4 pts   7.6 reb

Just for comparisons sake 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I am going to assume all is ok w/ Jeff Green and he'll (at worst) be a 14-16 point guy in 30+ mins at mostly SF.

Rondo, Pierce, Green, JuJuan, Thompson and Kaman is not an 8th seed

Especially when we have TWO 1st rd picks, Avery and the MLE to use. We would also have either Bass or another 5-6 million in cap space

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I forgot to mention that if we get Pau Gasol now we would be on the same level as the Heat, Bulls, and Knicks. C/PF - Gasol PF/C - KG SF - Pierce SG - Ray PG - Rondo 6th - Daniels/Moore 7th - Dooling 8th - Wilcox 9th - Pavlovic 10th - JaJuan 11th - Moore/Daniels

Why mention a lineup that isn't going to happen... if LA wants to simply add 1-2 picks, 2 young players and cap space for Pau they can find a better offer from a team that is not their bitter rival.

like... ugh, whatever Houston was willing to give

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

no way would i trade what has been suggested for a gasol. unless his name is marc.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I also think it wouldn't be too hard to get Austin Rivers or another exciting young player in the 7-11 range in the draft.

Take a team like the Suns

You offer Avery, both our 1st rd picks (now in the 18-26 range) Johnson (unless he blows up and looks scary good, then you hopefully throw in Bass).

For

The Suns 1st rd pick (7-11), Robin Lopez (backup 7' C with decent D who will give you 20 mins, 8p-5r-1b 55% FG), Childress (owed 24 million over 3 years) and Jared Dudley (local BC guy who can guard Melo/Bron/Deng with some pitbull tenacity and give you 8p-4r)

Wyc has to amnesty childress... a gross 24 million out of pocket... but the reward is you get Austin Rivers... an upgrade to Avery for sure and a pretty cool story to play with Doc... and Robin Lopez/Dudley are really solid players.

PHX saves 35 million and has both an extra draft pick and two cheap young guys on rookie deals as they rebuild post-Nash.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What should we do with our cap space thread : I said this deal has to happen now.  If Jeff Green passes his physical and his 9m contract is official then no way the Celts can trade for Pau Gasol. My proposal is if Jeff Green doesn't pass the physical and has some sort of condition that turns him into a disabled player.

My prayers are with Jeff Green for his health

I wouldn't be thinking of scenario's where he doesn't pass his physical (and why would LA want him... or how do you know we get to trade his contract?) and we end up trading with our biggest rival

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Or the same kind of deal with say Golden State and we take back Biedrins who we don't amnesty but use b/c he is a tough defender and can be good around the rim with Rondo as his PG and not Curry/Ellis

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

C - Kaman, Robin Lopez
    PF - Thompson, Bass
    SF - Green, Dudley
    SG - Pierce, Rivers
    PG - Rondo, Hinrich

or

C - Kaman, Biedrins
    PF - Thompson, Johnson
    SF - Green, Pierce
    SG - Ray, Rivers