What should we do with our cap space thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Re: What should we do with our cap space thread

Okafor is average at best and a very expensive average. Why should the Celtics be saddled with that awful contract.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Decisiones where you take bad contracts because "he's the best available" kill you in the long run. If you believe the Celtics are just an "average" center away from being contenders than maybe. Do you really think the Celtics are that close to winning it again? Being an old team that wins 35-45 games a year is the worst thing possible in the NBA as everyone knows. Okafor is an upgrade over JO but I do not like tying the teams hands for a one year run unless we really believe the Celtics are that close to winning it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I do not believe the Lakers want to get rid of Gasol now that Odom is gone unless it means Dwight Howard in return.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Picking up a big long term contract just so you can amnesty out of it next year seems a bit much. I understand the idea that the Celtics are old and this is their last chance to win with this group so get a good player with a bad contract now that you can amnesty out of next year makes a certain amount of sense. I just do not think Okafor is that good. If you think the Celtics can get to the Eastern conference finals this year than maybe it's worth the risk (it's not my money after all) but i do not see it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In Response to Re: What should we do with our cap space thread:
    In Response to Re: What should we do with our cap space thread : If Orlando doesn't agree to trade with the Lakers then the only way to get Howard is to sign Howard via free-agency. The only way to do that is to get rid of Gasol's contract.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Yes, but if they can't get Howard the Lakers are still formidable with Gasol and a healthy Bynum (the biggest ? in the NBA this year). Bynum has shown that he could be the second best center in the NBA if he could ever stay healthy. He has the meanness that I like but can he play 70-80 games a year.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The Lakers are diferrent though. Free agents want to play for them. Boston some how has become a large market city that has no cache for NBA stars right now. Ainge did a great job assembling the 2008 -2010 Celtics but it's clear that free agents know that the Celtics are about to go through a painful rebuil next year.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In Response to Re: What should we do with our cap space thread : That's why if the Lakers want to sign a max contract player they get rid of Gasol's contract. Kobe's 27.85m and Gasol's 19m next season will total 46.85m, the salary cap next season is only 58m.
    Posted by Fiercest34

The Lakers just print money. Them and the knicks are probably the only two teams that can afford being over the luxury tax for any length of time. The Lakers say they will not use their amnesty clause this year so they may be bigger players in the free agent market in the future then we realize. Everyone assumed Howard was their guy but they went after Paul instead. Letting Odom go makes no sense right now. Unless they amnesty Kobe next year they have no chance with Howard unless they trade for him.  Maybe they want someone like Williams in New Jersey.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

In Response to Re: What should we do with our cap space thread : Those are ideas ... not "predictions" like you're in the habit of making.  Generally all/most of the ideas presented on this board and this thread are ideas not predictions by all posters and I'm sure you know that  ... except you're the only one keeping score as your crystal ball is opague and you like to spin the outcome of your own shortcomings.
    Posted by Mployee8

Just stop. 

Ideas, predictions, whatever. 

Call it whatever you want, it won't change the fact that none of your "ideas" panned out. This back and forth between you and Fierce has been going on for the last 2 seasons. And it always ends with you getting the crappola kicked out of you.

We've all heard of Mr. Right. You are the exact opposite, you are Mr. Wrong.

Can the board police kick you off the board for being wrong all the time? lol

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts