What should we do with our cap space thread

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: What should we do with our cap space thread

So then the question becomes what can we do with the 4.5 million.

Or do we just blow everything up?

Does DA have the guts to do that?

It is THIS years draft that will be special... not 2013.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I know Jeremy Lamb will be a Tayshaun Prince/Richard Hamilton hybrid and a star for years. 20 ppg with the ability to defend 3-4 positions.

Drummand I need, the two UConn games I attended this year he looked pretty bad... but 6'10" 270 oozing talent.... the Amare comparisons could easily pan out in 2 years.

Harrison Barnes will easily take the torch from the leagues numerous solid SF's of the past decade... although he won't be Pierce or Melo. He will be like Caron Butler, Josh Howard, Shane Battier, Luol Deng... someone you can plug in right away and assume above average defense and 18-21 points and 5-6 rebounds from.

Sullinger will be your beefy Elton Brand, Nene, Jamison, Big Al type guy. a 22-11.

Then freshman like Rivers (both Gordons) Anthony Davis (Bosh) and Jeremey Beal (Ray) are getting CRAZY pro comparisons.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: What should we do with our cap space thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What should we do with our cap space thread : Try to get Okafor. JO, 4.5m, Bradley, maybe a draft pick in 2013 for Okafor Okafor in there instead of JO gives the Celts a fighting chance in the playoffs.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I have high hopes for Jermaine to give us 20-26 mins, 5-7 points 6-7 rebounds and 1-2 blocks a game.

I was hoping Green would give us 32 minutes, 17 points, 6 rebounds and athletic bothersome defense on Melo/Deng/LeBron resting Pierce to be his best in the 4th quarter.

And Avery was supposedly ready to form some chemistry for 8-12 mins a game being a lockdown defender of one guard while Dooling defended the other well and handled the ball.

I seriously doubt Okafor and his 12-10-2, Marquis (and his spine) and E'Twuan Moore or Pavlovic could make up for those expectations.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The choice would be to blow everything up now.

If you think there is no point in playing for 3rd-4th best team in the East and just a top 7 club past its prime... then blow it up now.

Trade Ray and KG to contenders... make sure we don't have any big contracts that last past 2013 (the amnesty clause can be used still)

Become one of the 10 worst teams... especially as a team in chaos if Danny were to do this. Pierce and Rondo start the season in street clothes nursing these minor injuries.

Then we get our own top 7 pick... get another teams pick in the 20's to go with the Clippers... 2 picks in the 2013 draft.... and cap space that summer and summer of '14 to offer a max contract both times.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Would the Bulls rather have Boozer, Korver, Omar Asik and a 1st rd pick in 2013...

or KG the hometown guy and Brandon Bass?

Boozer can't defend at all and is owed 47 million 13-15... we can try to trade him or likely just amnesty him.

KG and Bass will give them more than the 17.5 and 9.6 Boozer gave them in 32 mins... let alone the 42-52 they actually would play.

Asik and the pick will have value.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

How about Ray adding some veteran class and shooting to the Grizzlies?

Ray for Mayo or Ray for Xavier Henry and a 1st rd pick?

Then we have the exp contracts of O'Neal and the 4.5 million Green exception to move... maybe with all these picks and/or guys like Avery, Moore, Johnson... to get even higher picks or other young talent.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What should we do with our cap space thread : Trading KG and Ray now and blowing up the team would be unfair to the fans. Those fans with season tickets would be robbed!

Of course... but whats the point of ever being a 50 win team that goes to the 2nd rd but tries like h#ll to win a title?

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'm being sarcastic

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What should we do with our cap space thread : Don't forget that the NBA is sports entertainment. Besides winning you also have to make the fans happy. Besides, Ray and KG's contract will expire on June 30, 2012. So let's just enjoy the ride for now. Who knows, maybe our old crew will surprise us in the playoffs.

Fierce, I'm SHOCKED to see you say "who knows, maybe our old crew will surprise us in the playoffs."!!!!  

Glad to see you acknowledge that while the chance is small, there's always a chance for a surprise!