What should we do with team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

What should we do with this team?

I think Hump is a better player than Garnett as of now, Green is better than Pierce as of now.

Bradley is a better player than Ray Allen as of now.

So next season we should start:

Rondo-Bradley-Green-Sullinger and Hump (  way better than Perk people! Same height.)

We could use Kells length in the starting lineup, but right now Sully is the better overall player.

Hump needs to get K.G.'s offensive plays ( pick n pop)while Sully gets Perks (post up and dump offs).

Bradley should get Rays old plays.

Bayless fills the Nate Robinson spark role.

Pressey fills the Sam Cassell back-up leadership role.

Olynyk and Bass fills the Leon Powe/ Big Baby spark role.

Chris Johnson fills the Eddie House sharpshooter role.

Joel Anthony fills the P.J. Brown spark role.

Only problem is none of our replacements are as good as K.G., Paul and Ray were in 2007 nor will they ever be.

Sully or Hump better career than K.G.- NEVER!

Green better than Pierce in his prime - NOPE!

Bradley better than Ray in his prime - NOT LIKELY!

We'll have 6th seed next year if this crew stays together plus additional solid draft picks.

Outlandish idea #1- We trade Jeff Green for Joakim Noah or Andre Drummond. We need  a BIIIIIIIIIG GUY!!! 

I wouldnt touch Andrew Bynum with a 10 foot pole though! Too many health problems even if his head was into the game.

How good would an Olynyk, Hump and Drummond frontline be?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Re: What should we do with team?

How much are you resigning Hump for ??

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I say 8 mil per.

Anything more would be UN-civilized ( old Right Guard commercial)

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You really should pay attention.

The Pistons already declared Drummond as their franchise player.

[/QUOTE]

Damn!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Maybe green, AB and KH are better than the big 3 as of now but they still are all missing huge things:

Hump: is this guy a rim protector like KG? not at all.

Green: definition of inconsistent. Pierce was the defintition of it.

AB: injured to often and not as deadly (yet).

i like the optimism but Hump, Green and AB will never be the big 3... yes they are better now but all three are old and done.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

1) revisit the Asik trade in the off-season. Houston will want to dump his $15 salary ($8.3Cap) and now knows they over-valued him this year on the trade market. Ainge should re-offer the Bass and 2015 clippers first round pick for him. Rim protector proplem solved!

2) Looks like Ainge will re-sign Bradley no matter the cost. Not my favorite idea with his injury history, but we have to live with it I guess. I sure hope it's $7M or LESS the first year though.

3) draft...who knows, but if #1 and #2 go through I would pick as follows:

#5. N. Vonleh-Ind

#16. G. Harris- Mich St

at that point the team is something like $59 M in cap salary without the Rookies (figure another $5M there). so reality is  there is not a lot of space left to stay under the luxury tax line ( maybe as much as $5M).

just as important I think is the fact that ACTUAL payroll would be at about $70M which is close to what the owners are spending this year in payroll.

with all that said:

4) re-sign Bayless for about $3M.

roster next year:

C- Asik

C- Fav

C/PF- Vonleh

PF- Sully

PF- Olynyk

PF- Anthony

SF- Green

SF- Wallace

F/G- Johnson

SG- Bradey

SG- Harris

G- Bayless

PG- Rondo

PG- Pressey

is this a Champioship team next season, No.

but it is a step forward, which is all we can really expect in the second year of a rebuilding.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from satchsanders. Show satchsanders's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1) revisit the Asik trade in the off-season. Houston will want to dump his $15 salary ($8.3Cap) and now knows they over-valued him this year on the trade market. Ainge should re-offer the Bass and 2015 clippers first round pick for him. Rim protector proplem solved!

2) Looks like Ainge will re-sign Bradley no matter the cost. Not my favorite idea with his injury history, but we have to live with it I guess. I sure hope it's $7M or LESS the first year though.

#5. N. Vonleh-Ind

#16. G. Harris- Mich St

at that point the team is something like $59 M in cap salary without the Rookies (figure another $5M there). so reality is  there is not a lot of space left to stay under the luxury tax line ( maybe as much as $5M).

just as important I think is the fact that ACTUAL payroll would be at about $70M which is close to what the owners are spending this year in payroll.

with all that said:

roster next year:

C- Asik

C- Fav

C/PF- Vonleh

PF- Sully

PF- Olynyk

PF- Anthony

SF- Green

SF- Wallace

F/G- Johnson

SG- Bradey

SG- Harris

G- Bayless

PG- Rondo

PG- Pressey

but it is a step forward, which is all we can really expect in the second year of a rebuilding.

[/QUOTE]

+ 1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from satchsanders. Show satchsanders's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

#5. N. Vonleh-Ind

#16. G. Harris- Mich St

with all that said:

roster next year:

C- Asik

C- Fav

C/PF- Vonleh

PF- Sully

PF- Olynyk

PF- Anthony

SF- Green

SF- Wallace

F/G- Johnson

SG- Bradey

SG- Harris

G- Bayless

PG- Rondo

PG- Pressey

[/QUOTE]

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]

Stop it!

If you think the Celts will be a playoff team next season, you're dreaming!

WAKE UP!

[/QUOTE]

I d,ont believe he is dreaming.The celtics have good chance of being in the playoff next year,because1) the east is not very strong.2) the celtics are improving under coach Stevens.With a good draft seledction and a minor trade,they will be right there.Go celtics.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

[QUOTE]

Fierce, I have mentioned these 2 PFs in a few posts and no comments pro or con...I respect your opinion and I agree we should build through the draft as the Warriors did and added some Vets like Bogut, O'Neil & Iguodala and are comptetive.

I know our biggest need is a Center and if we can't get Embiid, and then try for Omer Asik and with Faverani wait until next year's draft for a Center,  I like the league's top scorer, Creighton's McDermott and Syracuse's C.J.Fair. As opposed to some more desirable draft choices it seems who are freshmen, these 2 are seniors and do have 4 years of college experience so their stats and performances are more reliable to me, I think, and they could be undervalued sleepers in the draft.

I'd start them in front of Wallace, Bass & even Green...3 guys I hope are all gone !!!

Damn!

[/QUOTE]

Us Celtic fans all want the same thing - Banner 18!

Let's just be patient.

Building through the draft is the best way to go.

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i like Cs in playoffs next year too. plus wouldn't be remotely surprised to see our top pick dealt in the course of obtaining a young, win now veteran. urgency to win returns next year IMO.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

Jeff Green for Joakim Noah?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Someone has borrowed Kell Winslow's can of FUNKY MONKEY...put down the pipe man!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Rondo...gone-dough

AB...maybe

Green..obseen, must leave the seen

Hump...will dump, won't feel the bump (in pay , elsewhere...$12 mill/yr +)

Bass...I'd pass, leave his short a_s in the grass

Pressey...to messy, back to milkin' Bessy

Bayless...payless, must learn to say less

The rest we'll deal with...eventually