What to do with Baby

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

What to do with Baby

Many of you know, I have never been a huge fan.........and apparently he is done here - unless he'll play on the VERY cheap.
    Hoopshype says BOS is looking to do a sign and trade.  There are also 6 teams mentioned as possible landing places.  I have listed them in the order I think (MY OPINION) he wants to go.  I also put down who I would like in  a sign and trade (ditto my opinion).  Feel free to add or change who you would like:
    1.  NJ - Humphries or Petro would be great
    2.  NOH - Baby goes home for Landry AND Gray (pipe dream of David West)
    3.  DET - Wilcox or Maxiel (pipe dream of  Monroe or Wallace)
    4.  ATL - I only want Marvin Williams from this team
    5.  ORL - unlikely, but Bass or Anderson
    6.  DEN - just can't see him playing here, but Harrington, Mozgov or Koufas would entice me (Birdman as a pipe dream)

Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: What to do with Baby

Like them all but what are there salaries and what do we sign BBD for?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

In Response to What to do with Baby:
    Many of you know, I have never been a huge fan.........and apparently he is done here - unless he'll play on the VERY cheap. Hoopshype says BOS is looking to do a sign and trade.  There are also 6 teams mentioned as possible landing places.  I have listed them in the order I think (MY OPINION) he wants to go.  I also put down who I would like in  a sign and trade (ditto my opinion).  Feel free to add or change who you would like: 1.  NJ - Humphries or Petro would be great 2.  NOH - Baby goes home for Landry AND Gray (pipe dream of David West) 3.  DET - Wilcox or Maxiel (pipe dream of  Monroe or Wallace) 4.  ATL - I only want Marvin Williams from this team 5.  ORL - unlikely, but Bass or Anderson 6.  DEN - just can't see him playing here, but Harrington, Mozgov or Koufas would entice me (Birdman as a pipe dream) Your thoughts?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

If i had to choose, it will probaly be in this order
    Orlando- for Bass
    NOH- for Landry
    NJ - for Mr. Kardashian
    Denver - for Mozgov
    Det - for either Wilcox or Maxiel
    ATL - Williams
    Williams is probably the most talented but he's not a big man that's why i have him last.
    But i think it's better to keep him just because of Chemistry. He already knows our system and with training camp being shortened guys will need to learn quickly. Despite that he is a headcase, he plays well when he is focused

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Red and Green - I like your thinking.  Not sure how the salaries all work but you're presenting solutions and I like to discuss solutions.  Good thoughts.

My wish list of who to sign and trade for BBD (all very difficult to accomplish but worth talking about):

LA Clippers - Chris Kaman.....allows them room to sign Jordan?
    Timberwolves - Darko Milicic....not a great guy but a big body who can play some serious minutes
    Timberwolves - Anthony Tolliver - very doable
    Wizards - Andre Blache - probably not worthe the salary we'd get and he's sometimey kind of guy but talented
    My pipe Dream:  Phoenix Suns - Marcin Gortat

I'm trying to think of teams that can use a back up power forward because they may not like their current guy (too soft like in Blache) or they already have other centers (like Minnesota or clippers).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Forgot to mention, Red - I love Landry or Gray or Maxiel, as well.  Don't like Humphries or Wilcox.  They have not accomplished anything on weaker teams.  Baby played behind better players and delivered more.  These guys played on worse teams (where their stats on weak teams should be better).  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: What to do with Baby:
    Forgot to mention, Red - I love Landry or Gray or Maxiel, as well.  Don't like Humphries or Wilcox.  They have not accomplished anything on weaker teams.  Baby played behind better players and delivered more.  These guys played on worse teams (where their stats on weak teams should be better).  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Last year's stats:

Kris Humphries - 10 PPG 10 RPG  28 mins
    Chris Wilcox -  7.4 PPG  4.8 RPG  17.5 mins
    Davis -   11.7 PPG  5.4 RPG  29.5 mins

I'd take Troy Murphy over Davis at this point!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

I can live with getting some of the players you talk about, and they may appear to be more talented, but we should remember that Glen has been here for seveal years and knows how to play within the system if he wants to.  His defense at times is a plus and his all around skills are not seen when you look for his negatives.  Due to Doc Rivers conflict I would say trade him, if we get one of the better players you have takled about, but keep him if we can't get one of them, if the money is rigtht, say 9 million for three years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: What to do with Baby:
    In Response to Re: What to do with Baby : Last year's stats: Kris Humphries - 10 PPG 10 RPG  28 mins Chris Wilcox -  7.4 PPG  4.8 RPG  17.5 mins Davis -   11.7 PPG  5.4 RPG  29.5 mins I'd take Troy Murphy over Davis at this point!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Please tell me you're not serious?  Murphy can't walk and chew gum at the same time.  

People will only miss Davis when he's gone, unfortunately.  Its easy to knock on someone who had a bad 2 months but I remember the guy's contributions and growth over the last 2 years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I'd really like the Celtics to retain Davis but not overpay for it.  He has worked very hard, plays tough and has developed his game.  Why let someone else reap the benefits of that?  If he had any sense, he'd be preparing to become the starting PF once KG retires.  I think he will end up staying because he will see there just isn't a huge market (and big dollars) for his services.

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts