WHAT was THAT?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

WHAT was THAT?

What a complete embarassment.  The Celtics should be ashamed of themselves.  Was Courtney Lee hurt, or did Doc just enjoy watching Jason Terry play 45 minutes and repeatedly get lost and burned on drives?  And, I'll say this now:  Joey Crawford is a complete, utter, total and rank piece of garbage.

Why can't Wilcox and Lee and Green get a few more minutes?  I guess their shooting and dunking and rolling is less important than Pierce throwing passes in the back court off someone's rear end and Jason Terry standing around like a stiff on defense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: WHAT was THAT?

opposition turns the ball over 27 ef fin' times, yet we're extended to 2 OTs. that's messed up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

it was a win. An ugly win, but a win.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

How can Doc justify giving Jason Tery all those minutes?  It was like they were on DRUGS in the 4th and OTs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Jason Terry doesn't deserve to be on the same floor as Kevin Garnett.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would rather see the Celts play like this in the regular season than in the playoffs.

Remember when Shaq and the Celts were great early in the season in 2010-11? 

It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

We're not even sure if after Feb. 21 Bass and Lee are still Celtics.

[/QUOTE]

+1

it BAFFLES me how game after game, YEAR AFTER YEAR posters come on here and act like we are playing playoff games right now, like this is our final product. 

at this point, its ALL ABOUT W's!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

James, granted, but this was sickening.  Where was Rondo sending Mayo?  What was Terry even doing out there?  Why was Pierce handling the ball in the back court?  What is Doc saying to them?  I mean, seriously, how did those time-outs work?  "OK, Brandon, I want you to in-bounds to Paul and then Paul, I want you to throw the ball off someone's back.  Rajon, going forward, when you get the ball, instead of running the offense I want you to stand in one spot and drible for 17 seconds.  And Jason, nice work on defense, remember to lean toward the sideline like a guy from an over 50 league who's never been coached whenever someone makes the corner and drives to the hoop...don't worry about the baskets, we can afford to let them score whenever they want.  Oh, and Rajon, don't worry, it's only OJ Mayo, he's not much of a threat, just take all the chances you want"

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to shines01's comment:
    [QUOTE]

James, granted, but this was sickening.  Where was Rondo sending Mayo?  What was Terry even doing out there?  Why was Pierce handling the ball in the back court?  What is Doc saying to them?  I mean, seriously, how did those time-outs work?  "OK, Brandon, I want you to in-bounds to Paul and then Paul, I want you to throw the ball off someone's back.  Rajon, going forward, when you get the ball, instead of running the offense I want you to stand in one spot and drible for 17 seconds.  And Jason, nice work on defense, remember to lean toward the sideline like a guy from an over 50 league who's never been coached whenever someone makes the corner and drives to the hoop...don't worry about the baskets, we can afford to let them score whenever they want.  Oh, and Rajon, don't worry, it's only OJ Mayo, he's not much of a threat, just take all the chances you want"

[/QUOTE]

im not saying it was pretty, but face the facts. NOONE IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE has been able to stop OJ Mayo, so idk what you expected to see differently tonite. The guy has been on a tear. The ball movement WAS bad. Paul WAS sloppy and careless at times. But this is BASKETBALL. You will not, CAN NOT expect to see perfectly played basketball every night. Even good basketball every night. Teams lay duds. every single team will lay at least 5 or 6 duds this season, where they just didnt have anything going. The important thing is, we played HORRIBLE, yet come out of it with a W in the standings instead of an L.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Well, I expecterd a lot actually.  I expected the Celts to step on their throats in the 4th.  I expected Jason Terry to be on the bench after all his defensive breakdowns.  I expected some post game against the small Dallas line up.  I expected Rondo to run a better system.  I expected soem running.

I'll take the win, but this was the stinkiest game I've seen in a long time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]

Well, I expecterd a lot actually.  I expected the Celts to step on their throats in the 4th.  I expected Jason Terry to be on the bench after all his defensive breakdowns.  I expected some post game against the small Dallas line up.  I expected Rondo to run a better system.  I expected soem running.

[/QUOTE]

ive seen worse, but theres no doubt it was ugly. Ill be willing to bet you wont even think twice about this game come April tho.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo may be able to stay in front of a slow 38 year old Nash, as long as Nash has a bum ankle.  

I don't understand how Rondo's defense can be so aweful.

Rondo is like taking a strong psyilocybin mushroom dose.  Amazing highs and terrible lows. As Rondo goes, so does the team

I'de rather stick with a consistently good glass of wine that improves the entire meal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo may be able to stay in front of a slow 38 year old Nash, as long as Nash has a bum ankle.  

I don't understand how Rondo's defense can be so aweful.

Rondo is like taking a strong psyilocybin mushroom dose.  Amazing highs and terrible lows. As Rondo goes, so does the team

I'de rather stick with a consistently good glass of wine that improves the entire meal.

[/QUOTE]

try to tell KG, Pierce, Green, JT, or any other Celtics player that Rondo hurts the team more than he helps. Hell, tell Danny Ainge. Im sure Doc can be immediately fired in favor of El Dunker, ull lead us to the promise land immediately right? Rondo for Luke Ridnour?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

im also not gunna get on Jeff Green. He has been playing fantastic basketball and after one game people are complaining again? WOW.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I'de rather stick with a consistently good glass of wine that improves the entire meal"

Umm Rondo is the most consistent player on the team this year, though you can put aging KG into that argument. 

Rondo haters need to understand something: Rondo is not only on a very good contract but he is box office now. He's not being traded. Complain about him all you want as long as you stop fantasizing he is going to be traded. He's not going anywhere - UNLESS he gets himself suspended again later in the season or near the playoffs. So if you want, root for him to get suspended, otherwise he's not going anywhere. 

I'm surprised by a lot of the belly aching in this forum after this win. The Celts are an aging team in transition with a much better record, for example, than the Lakers. Yes, there is work to do. But Green, if he does get better, will start to show it in the new year as he gets further past his surgery. Bradley will help this team a lot if he can come back strong, but again, it will take a little while. 

"Dec 15th is Sunday.

We will see if there are some trades after that."

This is wishful thinking. I do think Ainge will make a move but right now he will want to play the different pieces and hopefully establish higher trade values. Also he will be waiting for a few teams to slip out of playoff contention where they may be willing to move someone good as they think about next season. 

I would be shocked if any trades happen until later in January or Feb. That said I do think Ainge will make a move towards the deadline - hopefully for a big. He's going to wait and see what Bradley can do as well, that will help him to see which pieces are moveable. 

For now, I would expect to see a team in transition, and the key is to keep a winning record, unlike another team that is talked about in here by trolls

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Definitely agree with all of your points.  The game shouldn't have been decided in overtime.  It is also unfortunate for the veterans to have to play extended minutes.   At least, it wasn't the game on Friday when they have to play Saturday again. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

im not saying it was pretty, but face the facts. NOONE IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE has been able to stop OJ Mayo, so idk what you expected to see differently tonite. The guy has been on a tear. The ball movement WAS bad. Paul WAS sloppy and careless at times. But this is BASKETBALL. You will not, CAN NOT expect to see perfectly played basketball every night. Even good basketball every night. Teams lay duds. every single team will lay at least 5 or 6 duds this season, where they just didnt have anything going. The important thing is, we played HORRIBLE, yet come out of it with a W in the standings instead of an L.

[/QUOTE]

Agree with ball movement bad.   Rondo WAS like a statue at there on offense at times. About 5 times I thought there was a timeout when we were on offense.  Nobody moving, Rondo standing in the same spot either dribbling or not, and yes Rondo WAS sloppy out there last nite as well.  KG finally got a rebound after 61 minutes straight without.   Yes I also agree a win is a win is a win.  It sure was ugly.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Terry is not the problem.  The problem is the team on offense always goes through Pierce. The game would have been over in regulation if Garnett had taken some of those shots at the end.  Pierce forces shots almost exclusively at the end of games.  Others are wide open when he does.  PP rarely passes out of them.  It is called a stagnant offense.  Green who was in the game at the end for a change,  is never considered as the guy to go to.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

try to tell KG, Pierce, Green, JT, or any other Celtics player that Rondo hurts the team more than he helps. Hell, tell Danny Ainge. Im sure Doc can be immediately fired in favor of El Dunker, ull lead us to the promise land immediately right? Rondo for Luke Ridnour?

[/QUOTE]

Try telling RayRay. He might finally be free to give an honest opinion.

And how in the world did 38 year old fossil DFish lock R9R down  with  game on the line in regulation and time expiring? Pitiful.

Even Luke Ridnour could have gotten to the rim.... but not Rondo.

Fire doc.... hire El Dunker... and  R9R (w/Jamez) for Ridnour and pieces!

Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Near the end (2ot) I believe.. KG broke toward the hoop from the pick but wasn't passed the ball. The real season begins in the spring and what we are seeing is the team resting on the court. Not much fun for us FANS but they are definitely saving their legs and hops. Getting into March I bet this slo mo movie will speed up. A w is a w.. think James and Fierce are right.

Sections
Shortcuts