WHAT was THAT?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: WHAT was THAT?

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Terry is not the problem.  The problem is the team on offense always goes through Pierce. The game would have been over in regulation if Garnett had taken some of those shots at the end.  Pierce forces shots almost exclusively at the end of games.  Others are wide open when he does.  PP rarely passes out of them.  It is called a stagnant offense.  Green who was in the game at the end for a change,  is never considered as the guy to go to.  

[/QUOTE]

As usual you are wrong. The offense DOESN'T go thru Pierce.  It goes thru Rondo. Period.  He has the ball 90% of the time and then passes the ball with 3-5 seconds left and someone has to get a shot up.  In case your wondering Pierce only got one of those game clinching shots last nite,  rondo got the other two and yes Pierce was fouled and should have went to the line.  Another point you don't  get, Pierce as always been someone that hits the open person at the end of games, did it a ton with RA. Last nite he forced Dallas to double him, repeatedly hit open players that missed the shots.

Doc has the ball in PP's hands at the end of games,  I wonder why?  Maybe you didn't see the quality shots Rondo got off?  I have not problem with letting Jeff try to create something. I also have no problem with actually running a play and passing the ball a couple times.

The only part I will agree with is the stagnant offense when if you will read above,  Rondo pounding the ball for 18-20 seconds, gives the ball up and someone has to get a shot up, and yes they usually have to force the shot.  There were at least 5 times last night I thought there had been a foul or someone had called a timout.  No,  it was Rondo standing with the ball and either slowly dribbling the ball or just holding it.  That is stagnant.  Of course I know you will blame Pierce for that as well.

He also gets 3.5 assist a game with a point guard that DOMINATES ball.  I would say that if pretty good as well, and also right at his career average.

TO's- Again PP is below his career average.  Get that Concord- below his career average. 

He is right at his career averages for EVERYTHING playing LESS minutes than normal.  He has made big plays at the end of games that last few games we have played.  He is basically our only player that can draw a double team on a regular basis.

Again his shot is the only thing I am not happy with at this point. He has not shot well, but not that much below his career average there.

He is 1/2 free throw below his career average.  Shooting it at a higher average as well.

Look at the top twenty scorers in the league Concord.  He shoots less than nearly everyone of them, and is right around 10th place.  Why is that?

Again I base my post of facts and back them up while you continue to throw your opinion out there without any validity.  Again is he a superstar?  No,  Very good player -yes.  Probably  allstar again this near if I was guessing.  Guess what the coaches put him on the all star team every year.  Not the fans but the coaches.

Bottom line is he may not be the solution but he is far from being the problem with this team.  So go ahead and rant and rave, (just like I am doing now)  after every game,  and in every thread, no matter what the topic and just do as u usually do- blame it on Pierce.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Terry is not the problem.  The problem is the team on offense always goes through Pierce. The game would have been over in regulation if Garnett had taken some of those shots at the end.  Pierce forces shots almost exclusively at the end of games.  Others are wide open when he does.  PP rarely passes out of them.  It is called a stagnant offense.  Green who was in the game at the end for a change,  is never considered as the guy to go to.  

[/QUOTE]

As usual you are wrong. The offense DOESN'T go thru Pierce.  It goes thru Rondo. Period.  He has the ball 90% of the time and then passes the ball with 3-5 seconds left and someone has to get a shot up.  In case your wondering Pierce only got one of those game clinching shots last nite,  rondo got the other two and yes Pierce was fouled and should have went to the line.  Another point you don't  get, Pierce as always been someone that hits the open person at the end of games, did it a ton with RA. Last nite he forced Dallas to double him, repeatedly hit open players that missed the shots.

Doc has the ball in PP's hands at the end of games,  I wonder why?  Maybe you didn't see the quality shots Rondo got off?  I have not problem with letting Jeff try to create something. I also have no problem with actually running a play and passing the ball a couple times.

The only part I will agree with is the stagnant offense when if you will read above,  Rondo pounding the ball for 18-20 seconds, gives the ball up and someone has to get a shot up, and yes they usually have to force the shot.  There were at least 5 times last night I thought there had been a foul or someone had called a timout.  No,  it was Rondo standing with the ball and either slowly dribbling the ball or just holding it.  That is stagnant.  Of course I know you will blame Pierce for that as well.

He also gets 3.5 assist a game with a point guard that DOMINATES ball.  I would say that if pretty good as well, and also right at his career average.

TO's- Again PP is below his career average.  Get that Concord- below his career average. 

He is right at his career averages for EVERYTHING playing LESS minutes than normal.  He has made big plays at the end of games that last few games we have played.  He is basically our only player that can draw a double team on a regular basis.

Again his shot is the only thing I am not happy with at this point. He has not shot well, but not that much below his career average there.

He is 1/2 free throw below his career average.  Shooting it at a higher average as well.

Look at the top twenty scorers in the league Concord.  He shoots less than nearly everyone of them, and is right around 10th place.  Why is that?

Again I base my post of facts and back them up while you continue to throw your opinion out there without any validity.  Again is he a superstar?  No,  Very good player -yes.  Probably  allstar again this near if I was guessing.  Guess what the coaches put him on the all star team every year.  Not the fans but the coaches.

Bottom line is he may not be the solution but he is far from being the problem with this team.  So go ahead and rant and rave, (just like I am doing now)  after every game,  and in every thread, no matter what the topic and just do as u usually do- blame it on Pierce.

[/QUOTE]

Hardly ranting and raving one on one.  I knew you would jump in with your argument and it is as stale as mine.  Pierce is a problem and you just can't see it.  The team though as you say is not that good without this great but now more limited player.  I am starting to sadly see we may be lucky to be a sixth, seventh or eighth seed.  We can no longer ride Pierce at the end of every close game.  Easier baskets going to the hoop and looking for wide open players are what we have to start trying to do(look at how Dallas was able to do it and they are mediocre).  It is hard considering Pierce is embedded in even Doc's mind as the only game in town.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Pierce is still a good scorer but at this stage of his game, he is much much less effective with the ball in his hands and trying to go one on one.  In many respects, he's like Ray used to be - have someone else make the moves and make Paul our spot up clutch shooter.  One dribble and a shot at the end of games and I believe he can be deadly.  Make him post up handling the ball for the last 10 seconds and he's too slow and predictable and certainly not a good passer.  

I still love Pierce as our scorer, but as a shooter and not as a man who can get his own shot consistently anymore.   Give him credit for getting 11 foul shots (and what should have been 2 more), but late in games when the D tighens up - he's just too slow and predictable now.

Rondo, on the other hand, has the ABILITY but at the end of games - he seems to go brain dead pounding the ball until the last second and then takes a rarely made desperation shot.  So, he and Pierce are the ONLY people touching the ball.  Instead, if Rondo made his move earlier, drew the defense, and used the shooters (KG, Green, Terry), we might end up with some decent shots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[/QUOTE]

Hardly ranting and raving one on one.  I knew you would jump in with your argument and it is as stale as mine.  Pierce is a problem and you just can't see it.  The team though as you say is not that good without this great but now more limited player.  I am starting to sadly see we may be lucky to be a sixth, seventh or eighth seed.  We can no longer ride Pierce at the end of every close game.  Easier baskets going to the hoop and looking for wide open players are what we have to start trying to do(look at how Dallas was able to do it and they are mediocre).  It is hard considering Pierce is embedded in even Doc's mind as the only game in town.

[/QUOTE]

I will agree on we cannot ride PP at the end of every game like we use to could. I never said we could.  Again Doc is who decides what we do. Pounding the ball in the court for 20 seconds is what we should not do, then force a shot.  Ball movement plain and simple.  You deduct why we have none and blame Pierce for that as well if you want. 

For the record I never said we are that good and no I haven't conceded 7th or 8th seeds. I did not jump off the band wagon the last two years either.  Did you?  Yes we have problems but our problems can be fixed.  Just like last year.  Also one good big that help defends and rebounds would do wonders for our team.  Again I haven't conceded nothing.

Again I posted facts and not opinions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And yes, its early season.  I, like others, expect that we will be better by season's end.   I have faith that Doc will keep improving the team.   I also see progress (come on, this was a very ugly win but we won and earlier this season we would have lost this game by 10 points as ugly as we were playing in November)!    Remember when Green was contributing NOTHING, Terry was not shooting well, our defense got beat back door every other play, etc, etc?   

We have a long way to go, clearly, but there's been a little progress.   Still believe we will be much better in April and May.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pierce is still a good scorer but at this stage of his game, he is much much less effective with the ball in his hands and trying to go one on one.  In many respects, he's like Ray used to be - have someone else make the moves and make Paul our spot up clutch shooter.  One dribble and a shot at the end of games and I believe he can be deadly.  Make him post up handling the ball for the last 10 seconds and he's too slow and predictable and certainly not a good passer.  

I still love Pierce as our scorer, but as a shooter and not as a man who can get his own shot consistently anymore.   Give him credit for getting 11 foul shots (and what should have been 2 more), but late in games when the D tighens up - he's just too slow and predictable now.

Rondo, on the other hand, has the ABILITY but at the end of games - he seems to go brain dead pounding the ball until the last second and then takes a rarely made desperation shot.  So, he and Pierce are the ONLY people touching the ball.  Instead, if Rondo made his move earlier, drew the defense, and used the shooters (KG, Green, Terry), we might end up with some decent shots.

[/QUOTE]

Finally a reasonable post about this situation.  I agree 100%.  So who do we blame for this?  This is on Doc IMO.   We don't have any ball movement at all.  Why not run a play?  Rondo hasn't shown he is anywhere close to ready for this job.  He can now hit a open jumper but is not very good at creating one when the defense is locked in like they are at the end of games.  Who else is there?  Not many option is there.  I would sure give Green a look and see what he could do.  I  just don't get why we don't actually run a play.  Someone needs to ask Doc this instead of blaming the players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And yes, its early season.  I, like others, expect that we will be better by season's end.   I have faith that Doc will keep improving the team.   I also see progress (come on, this was a very ugly win but we won and earlier this season we would have lost this game by 10 points as ugly as we were playing in November)!    Remember when Green was contributing NOTHING, Terry was not shooting well, our defense got beat back door every other play, etc, etc?   

We have a long way to go, clearly, but there's been a little progress.   Still believe we will be much better in April and May.

[/QUOTE]

Agree again.  Glad your not a bandwagon fan and haven't given up.

8. This post has been removed.