What was the Final deal for Lee/Bayless trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

What was the Final deal for Lee/Bayless trade

Does anybody know what the "final" deal that was worked out on the Lee/Bayless trade? Did the C's trade picks and if so what round and year? What was the total package the C's got in return? Or has this just not went down yet?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: What was the Final deal for Lee/Bayless trade

yeah, whats the deal?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

yeah, whats the deal?

[/QUOTE]

Thanks billge. I am out working and trying to keep up on this but no help yet. I sure did not want to respond to my own post! LOL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I think it's straight up 1 for 1.  Can't find anything to the contrary!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Hedley. I was pretty sure that it could not be a straight up one for one and other stuff had to be done to complete the trade. Now, I am wondering if it will go through or if a third team has jumped in with other assests? 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So far one for one .... Not sure how they will work out the TPE though. Could be done one or two ways;

A) Memphis uses $2.1MM of their Gay TPE for the difference in salaries ($5.2MM vs $3.1MM)

or

B) Memphis uses $5.2MM of their Gay TPE for the entire Lee contract and C's use $3.1MM of their Pierce TPE for the entire Bayless contract

Under Scenario A the C's retain their full Pierce TPE of $10.3MM and get a new TPE worth $2.1MM ....

Under Scenario B the C's would also end up with two TPE's ... a new $5.2MM expiring 1/15' as well as a reduced Pierce TPE now worth $7.2MM expiring 7/14'

Scenario A is best for the C's to retain a larger TPE for the acquisition of a higher salaried player by 7/14.'

Scenario B is best for Memphis as it uses the majority of Gay's TPE and means they actually got something for Gay. That TPE expires 1/30/14. They also have a $2.1MM TPE for Wayne Ellington that expires 1/22/14.

Memphis could use the Ellington TPE or the Gay TPE to complete the deal ... I see no difference other than by using the Ellington TPE they would still have the Gay TPE for another deal but it would need to be used by 1/30 so maybe they hold onto that a little while longer.

[/QUOTE]

I read MEM will just absorb Lee through the Gay TPE.  We don't use one or get one.  And, Bayless comes off the books after this year.

Another brilliant move by Ainge.  So far, his last mistake was Melo.  Time to make up for that one this draft!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So far one for one .... Not sure how they will work out the TPE though. Could be done one or two ways;

A) Memphis uses $2.1MM of their Gay TPE for the difference in salaries ($5.2MM vs $3.1MM)

or

B) Memphis uses $5.2MM of their Gay TPE for the entire Lee contract and C's use $3.1MM of their Pierce TPE for the entire Bayless contract

Under Scenario A the C's retain their full Pierce TPE of $10.3MM and get a new TPE worth $2.1MM ....

Under Scenario B the C's would also end up with two TPE's ... a new $5.2MM expiring 1/15' as well as a reduced Pierce TPE now worth $7.2MM expiring 7/14'

Scenario A is best for the C's to retain a larger TPE for the acquisition of a higher salaried player by 7/14.'

Scenario B is best for Memphis as it uses the majority of Gay's TPE and means they actually got something for Gay. That TPE expires 1/30/14. They also have a $2.1MM TPE for Wayne Ellington that expires 1/22/14.

Memphis could use the Ellington TPE or the Gay TPE to complete the deal ... I see no difference other than by using the Ellington TPE they would still have the Gay TPE for another deal but it would need to be used by 1/30 so maybe they hold onto that a little while longer.

[/QUOTE]

I read MEM will just absorb Lee through the Gay TPE.  We don't use one or get one.  And, Bayless comes off the books after this year.

Another brilliant move by Ainge.  So far, his last mistake was Melo.  Time to make up for that one this draft!!

[/QUOTE]

How can you say that draft Melo was a mistake? he was drafted with the 22 pick.Any player drafted that low is a shot in the dark.Go celtics.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

A) Memphis uses $2.1MM of their Ellington or Gay TPE for the difference in salaries ($5.2MM vs $3.1MM)

or

http://www.hoopsworld.com/76ers-13-others-have-trade-exceptions

Thank YOU Mployee8 for THEE knowledge and info. Very much appreciated and it looks like old Danny is clearing the way for a big fish Free Agent and a slew of youngins through the Draft. I must admit, I was thinking the rebuild was going to be a 2-4 year process but it is looking closer to a 2 year rebuild if we can get a bit lucky in the Lottery. Any ideas on THE BIG FISH FREE AGENT? DURANT MAYBE? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to debrit's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

or

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How can you say that draft Melo was a mistake? he was drafted with the 22 pick.Any player drafted that low is a shot in the dark.Go celtics.

[/QUOTE]

Like this - drafting Fab Melo was a mistake.  Very easy.  He had PJIII on the board, and he passed on him.  OKC did not, and he is now a rotation player for one of the best teams in the West.  With Sully AND PJIII on our team now, we'd be able to pull off even more trades.  And, clearly, DA did not do his homework on this guy and his work ethic.  I usually love his draft picks, but this one was bad!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

or

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like this - drafting Fab Melo was a mistake.  Very easy.  He had PJIII on the board, and he passed on him.  OKC did not, and he is now a rotation player for one of the best teams in the West.  With Sully AND PJIII on our team now, we'd be able to pull off even more trades.  And, clearly, DA did not do his homework on this guy and his work ethic.  I usually love his draft picks, but this one was bad!

[/QUOTE]

agree.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

or

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

25 > Wroten

26 > Plumlee

27 > Moultrie

28 > Jones

29 > Teague

30 > Ezeli

[/QUOTE]

could be another steal

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

or

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

25 > Wroten

26 > Plumlee

27 > Moultrie

28 > Jones

29 > Teague

30 > Ezeli

[/QUOTE]

could be another steal

[/QUOTE]

Yup ... And Bird screwed up if he continues to play the way he has so far!

[/QUOTE]

+ 1

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

or

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

25 > Wroten

26 > Plumlee

27 > Moultrie

28 > Jones

29 > Teague

30 > Ezeli

[/QUOTE]

Any one of these guys would have been a better choice than Melo.  I happened to like PJIII at the time.  Also liked Moultrie and Ezeli.  LOVED Plumlee!!  But Melo?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:

Thanks Hedley. I was pretty sure that it could not be a straight up one for one and other stuff had to be done to complete the trade. Now, I am wondering if it will go through or if a third team has jumped in with other assests? 

This.

The Grizz must trade an additional ~$423K in salary for the deal to work. The only players that are tradeable are Mike Miller, Nick Calathes, and Jamaal Franklin.

Miller has a 3pt% of .454, so the Grizz won't trade him.

Franklin is their 2nd round pick and has potential as a defender.

Calathes has potential to excel in both guard spots and if his shooting improves, could be a nice find for the Grizz.

It's likely that the Grizzlies don't want to trade any of these guys and they are appealing to the NBA office for an injury exemption (Quincy Pondexter).

If denied, a third party could enter or, the Grizz would bite the bullet on Calanthes.

Stay tuned.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts