What was the Final deal for Lee/Bayless trade

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: What was the Final deal for Lee/Bayless trade

Per Hoopshype- Ryan Gomes is added to the trade, and the Celts will immediately waive him.

OKC #Thunder's Ryan Gomes Reportedly Going to Boston #Celtics as Part of Courtney Lee-Jerryd Bayless Trade clnsradio.com/boston-celtics…

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/boston_celtics#ixzz2pg6QoR27

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Per Hoopshype- Ryan Gomes is added to the trade, and the Celts will immediately waive him.

OKC #Thunder's Ryan Gomes Reportedly Going to Boston #Celtics as Part of Courtney Lee-Jerryd Bayless Trade clnsradio.com/boston-celtics…

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/boston_celtics#ixzz2pg6QoR27[/QUOTE]

are we giving up picks?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/boston_celtics#ixzz2pg6QoR27[/QUOTE]

are we giving up picks?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, did we give up any picks? I doubt it but if we did it sure better be a second rounder.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

are we giving up picks?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, did we give up any picks? I doubt it but if we did it sure better be a second rounder.

[/QUOTE]

yes, we did. '16 2nd rd

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Ryan Gomes included in the trade.

Ha,ha....

This really is 2007 all over again.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

how about last 2008 nba draft? picking giddens over asik and jordan. da was totally screwed there

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to debrit's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So far one for one .... Not sure how they will work out the TPE though. Could be done one or two ways;

A) Memphis uses $2.1MM of their Gay TPE for the difference in salaries ($5.2MM vs $3.1MM)

or

B) Memphis uses $5.2MM of their Gay TPE for the entire Lee contract and C's use $3.1MM of their Pierce TPE for the entire Bayless contract

Under Scenario A the C's retain their full Pierce TPE of $10.3MM and get a new TPE worth $2.1MM ....

Under Scenario B the C's would also end up with two TPE's ... a new $5.2MM expiring 1/15' as well as a reduced Pierce TPE now worth $7.2MM expiring 7/14'

Scenario A is best for the C's to retain a larger TPE for the acquisition of a higher salaried player by 7/14.'

Scenario B is best for Memphis as it uses the majority of Gay's TPE and means they actually got something for Gay. That TPE expires 1/30/14. They also have a $2.1MM TPE for Wayne Ellington that expires 1/22/14.

Memphis could use the Ellington TPE or the Gay TPE to complete the deal ... I see no difference other than by using the Ellington TPE they would still have the Gay TPE for another deal but it would need to be used by 1/30 so maybe they hold onto that a little while longer.

[/QUOTE]

I read MEM will just absorb Lee through the Gay TPE.  We don't use one or get one.  And, Bayless comes off the books after this year.

Another brilliant move by Ainge.  So far, his last mistake was Melo.  Time to make up for that one this draft!!

[/QUOTE]

How can you say that draft Melo was a mistake? he was drafted with the 22 pick.Any player drafted that low is a shot in the dark.Go celtics.

[/QUOTE]

25 > Wroten

26 > Plumlee

27 > Moultrie

28 > Jones

29 > Teague

30 > Ezeli

[/QUOTE]

Any one of these guys would have been a better choice than Melo.  I happened to like PJIII at the time.  Also liked Moultrie and Ezeli.  LOVED Plumlee!!  But Melo?

[/QUOTE]

If my mind serves me right, we both like PjIII at the time...I also like Plumlee, but I understood why he took the gamble on Melo's potential...its a crapshoot,and easy to critique after the fact...

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.