What was your first reaction when Danny (thank you Danny) traded Perk and our team Chemistry???

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: What was your first reaction when Danny (thank you Danny) traded Perk and our team Chemistry???

Can't remember back that far.  Its a long time ago and irrelevant now so who cares....let it go!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FREYTRAIN. Show FREYTRAIN's posts

Re: What was your first reaction when Danny (thank you Danny) traded Perk and our team Chemistry???

What is DA SMOKIN!!!????!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Thank you for not saddling us with a 10 million a year 4 and 6 guy.  Thanks for not waiting until the end of the year so we would get nothing for him like Tony Allen.
    That's what I thought.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Get over the trade, we came out on top.  Our center position did not kill un in the playoffs.  Krstic and Green for Kendrick and Nate is a win for the Celts and when you add the first round choice that will be used in a big trade we are fortundate to have Danny Ainge.  This post is getting old.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

My thoughts were, Thank God he isn't Jim Buss, who said the Lakers center was untouchable insuring a slow laker decline (Thanks Jimmy.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rico is an ignorant fool best ignored

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

My first reaction was GOOD RIDDANCE.  Perkins STANK during the playoffs last year leading up to his injury.  Check his stats.  The more time went on the worse he got.  Club hands, cement block feet.  Foul mouth with the refs.  He wasn't even doing the tough thing as well any more.

With his new and improved slower than ever-ness, Perkins is an anchor for any team, as in dragging down OKC's salary cap and mobility at the 5.

Didya see Perky play in the playoffs?  Serge Ibaka had to carry all the water at the 5 and the announcers couldn't stop talkinga bout why was Perkins still getting 30 clicks a game when NICK COLLISON, all 6-9 of him, was playing circles around Perkins as an undersized 4/5.  OKC might have won more if they ditched Perk and ran with MORE Collison/Ibaka.

And now OKC is on the hook for 30 or 40 grand to his immobile lump called Perkins who has noticably LESS offensive and rebounding skills since his injury.  Good luck to 'em!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from renecito713. Show renecito713's posts

Stop whining. Look to the future and get over it.

And that video hasn't been funny for a long time. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

You should be more worried about Gaso or Bynum getting traded!!! I think you are any way...How do you like the new lakers management and coach...??? Thats really what you mean isn't it??

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Rico is an 11 year old kid with a.d.d. that likes to push people's buttons. If he isn't 11, he's a sad middle-aged loser chilling in his mom's basement. What's past is past.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

wat a re tahhdd

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to What was your first reaction when Danny (thank you Danny) traded Perk and our team Chemistry???:
    This was mine and after we lost to the Heat and woke up and saw Danny hasn't been fired I wake up every morning like this. (until they fire Danny that is) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr83UrbZb1Y&feature=related
    Posted by RicoCeltic

Good move Danny.2 good players plus a first round draft.Excellent.Congratulations.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

My initial reaction was, "NO!!!"

They had just destroyed the team chemistry on a tight core. We were big and now we're small. Woe is us!!!

Then I sat back and began to drink the Kool-Ade.

After all, Perk wasn't that good... Green has potential... Danny knows what he's doing... These guys are all pro's and it won't affect them...

I ran out of Kool-Ade during the Miami series and the Celts ran out of gas.

Would Perk have helped??? Not really, at least not on the court. His six points and eight rebounds were not vital.

It was the esprit de corps, that intangible stuff, that's what was missing. The certainty of victory. It was gone, evident in the missed shots and hesitance. They knew they could lose and did.

Another cup, please.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I was thrilled to see Danny Ainge wasn't going to give perk $8.5M for 4 yrs like OKC did

That would have been like a Vin Baker/Raef LaFreanz or Theo Ratliff contract

Disaster !

I like jeff Green and Nenad Kristic as ASSETS going into this offseason........no , matter what happens with them, the C's will get something for them...

In Danny I Trust

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to What was your first reaction when Danny (thank you Danny) traded Perk and our team Chemistry???:
    This was mine and after we lost to the Heat and woke up and saw Danny hasn't been fired I wake up every morning like this. (until they fire Danny that is) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr83UrbZb1Y&feature=related
    Posted by RicoCeltic

Thanks for the link Rico, that was funny stuff!

Try this one, thumper will never be the same lmao.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o_N_8pmAKc

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I worried that trading Perk would cost us a shot at a title (not necessarily winning, but a good shot). I worried that Shaq would not be healthy enough to do what Ainge was counting on. I was told that Jeff Green was going to be more than make up for what we lost, that he was the best player in the trade. Green didn't live up to that billling. The rest of the concerns came true.

Turns out it was a really terrible trade that will forever put a huge question mark on this season. I'll be surprised if we get anywhere near another title push while the "big three" are still around. After Miami adds more pieces in the offseason, we will not be able to keep pace. 

Having said all that, I'm always glad to be surprised in a positive manner. And while I thought Ainge made a series of idiotic deadline moves this year, I do like two things he did: re-sign Doc to a multi-year contract, which will help a lot with free agent signings, and: position us with good cap room a couple years from now. At that point we may be able to do something. If it's sooner, great. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Yes, it hurt the chemistry, but what is done is done. Get on with
    the upcoming season, and surround the team with some consistant
    shooters and rebounders to help the vets.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

"What was your first reaction when Danny (thank you Danny) traded Perk and our team Chemistry???"

Why should have the Perk trade affected the lakers?  Do you think they were so afraid of OKC cause of Perk that they prefered to lose against Dallas with a sweep?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Posted by RicoCeltic

Get over it....will you?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: What was your first reaction when Danny (thank you Danny) traded Perk and our team Chemistry???:
    When will this nightmare be over and we fire Danny's arsss????? Sigh...
    Posted by RicoCeltic

Just maybe Danny redeems himself by getting something of value for Perk's lil' runnin' buddy, Rondo.

That should help restore team chemistry more than anything.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts