What will happen first?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Re: What will happen first?

Will you stop talking about "our" Celtics.  No one here talks that way, and you just give yourself away.

Also, I could care less if DH goes to "your" Lakers.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

You have five minutes, starting now.

Number6Fan’s “Troll Detector” Quiz

“Spotting Phony Celtics Fans Since at Least Tuesday”

Answer in 5 minutes or less.  Passing grade is 90%.  No Googling.

What player did John Y. Brown trade for in the owner’s box, causing Red to threaten to quit and go work for the Knicks?

What was Cedric Maxwell’s nickname?

When Red obtained forward Bailey Howell from Baltimore, what player did he trade away, and what team he go to?

Whose finger did Danny Ainge bite?

Who was the consensus third best center in the NBA during the Russell/Chamberlain years?

In the early 1980s, an Eastern Conference team had two enforcers to whom Johnny Most gave colorful names.  What were the names?  Who were they?  What was the full name of their team?

John Havlicek was one of two former Ohio State players who played together on the ‘60s Celtics.  Who was the other?  And what did Johnny Most call them?

Extra Credit (Just to prove you lived anywhere near Boston)

Who was the ’67 Red Sox starting shortstop, how did he pronounce his name, and what player on that team was known for being a “Mod” dresser?

Name some members of the Bruins’ 1970s Stanley Cup-winning teams.  (Three is okay, four better, five is ideal), and which of them was also notorious for being a “Mod” dresser.

What hapless Patriots coach was almost electrocuted by touching a live microphone at a press conference?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: What will happen first?:
    [QUOTE]You have five minutes, starting now. Number6Fan’s “Troll Detector” Quiz “Spotting Phony Celtics Fans Since at Least Tuesday” Answer in 5 minutes or less.   Passing grade is 90%.   No Googling. What player did John Y. Brown trade for in the owner’s box, causing Red to threaten to quit and go work for the Knicks? What was Cedric Maxwell’s nickname? When Red obtained forward Bailey Howell from Baltimore, what player did he trade away, and what team he go to? Whose finger did Danny Ainge bite? Who was the consensus third best center in the NBA during the Russell/Chamberlain years? In the early 1980s, an Eastern Conference team had two enforcers to whom Johnny Most gave colorful names.   What were the names?   Who were they?   What was the full name of their team? John Havlicek was one of two former Ohio State players who played together on the ‘60s Celtics.   Who was the other?   And what did Johnny Most call them? Extra Credit (Just to prove you lived anywhere near Boston) Who was the ’67 Red Sox starting shortstop, how did he pronounce his name, and what player on that team was known for being a “Mod” dresser? Name some members of the Bruins’ 1970s Stanley Cup-winning teams.   (Three is okay, four better, five is ideal), and which of them was also notorious for being a “Mod” dresser. What hapless Patriots coach was almost electrocuted by touching a live microphone at a press conference?
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]

I missed one.......two and a half minutes.  On the extra credit......what if I can name about 10?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to What will happen first?:
    [QUOTE]Dwight Howard is traded to the Lakers or Jeff Green is signed by our Celtics? I think both will be done within the next 2 weeks.
    Posted by TommyRules[/QUOTE]

You must get pretty bored during the day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Hedley --

Good job.  If you can name 10, it means, like most of Boston, you were a Bruins fan.  Unusually, I've always hated hockey, and I can still name 5. :-)

Raisinet?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Nice way to dodge the questions!

I'll give you 1.5 for partial answers to 2, 3, and 4.

But you still don't fool anyone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Hedley -- Good job.  If you can name 10, it means, like most of Boston, you were a Bruins fan.  Unusually, I've always hayed hockey, and I can still name 5. :-) Raisinet?

Esposito - Bucyck - McKenzie - Orr - Stanfield - Cheevers - Awery - D. Smith - Marcotte - Hodge - Cashman

Who did they trade Bailey Howell for - making me crazy!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What will happen first? : Esposito - Bucyck - McKenzie - Orr - Stanfield - Cheevers - Awery - D. Smith - Marcotte - Hodge - Cashman Who did they trade Bailey Howell for - making me crazy!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

You forgot the mod dresser (moustache, long hair).

Let's not give away answers yet.  I may have to use it again for Tommy's next incarnation.

As for the Howell trade -- let's just say he was as foul prone as Greg Stiemsma.

cheers --

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

More EC  - Rod Rust
    Rico Petro-selli.........Petrocelli - in Italian, Petro - chelli

Mod dresser - Hawk Harrelson
    Bruins mod dresser - Derek Sanderson

I won't give answers yet, either......but what was Johnny Most's nickname for Michael Jordan, and what would he call DWade the flooper?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Wrong coach.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

My bad - I knew it was an "R"  How about Clive Rush?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

1. Bob McAdoo
    2. Cornbread
    3. don't know
    4. supposedly Ralph Sampson 
    5. don't know
    6. McFilthy and McNasty of the Washington Bullets , Jeff Ruland and Rick Mahorn
    7. don't know
    8. Rico Petrucelli , The Hawk Ken Harrleson
    9. don't know anything about hockey but remember Derek Sanderson was the cool guy with the mustache
    10. Ron Meyer

AT LEAST I DIDN'T PEEK OR CHEAT, HOW MANY DID I GET RIGHT ? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]1. Bob McAdoo 2. Cornbread 3. don't know 4. supposedly Ralph Sampson  5. don't know 6. McFilthy and McNasty of the Washington Bullets , Jeff Ruland and Rick Mahorn 7. don't know 8. Rico Petrucelli , The Hawk Ken Harrleson 9. don't know anything about hockey but remember Derek Sanderson was the cool guy with the mustache 10. Ron Meyer AT LEAST I DIDN'T PEEK OR CHEAT, HOW MANY DID I GET RIGHT ? 
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

It was Tree Rollins, not Ralph Sampson....and Danny was the bitee!  I think it was Lambeer and Mahorn who played for the Pistons.  I think #1 was Tatum.....Earl? maybe.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

[QUOTE]1. Bob McAdoo 2. Cornbread 3. don't know 4. supposedly Ralph Sampson  5. don't know 6. McFilthy and McNasty of the Washington Bullets , Jeff Ruland and Rick Mahorn 7. don't know 8. Rico Petrucelli , The Hawk Ken Harrleson 9. don't know anything about hockey but remember Derek Sanderson was the cool guy with the mustache 10. Ron Meyer AT LEAST I DIDN'T PEEK OR CHEAT, HOW MANY DID I GET RIGHT ? 

Well you ruined it.  Now I can't use this again next time Tommy, or Snoop, or some other troll pops up claiming to be a Celtics fan.
    Can't you read?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What will happen first? : Well you ruined it.  Now I can't use this again next time Tommy, or Snoop, or some other troll pops up claiming to be a Celtics fan. Can't you read?

To be fair, you didn't say DON'T do it.....all you wrote was, "you have 5 minutes."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

You're right.  I'm just feeling cranky about other things.  Sorry.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Where did this "Tommy Rules" come from? Looks like another sockpuppet posing as a Celts fan. No self-respecting Celts fan would be talking Howard to the Lakers in their thread. 

Howard ain't goin anywhere, he'll be in Orlando this season, at least until the final trade deadline mid-season. 

Green isn't much of a prediction, he should be done soon

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

CELTICS WILL WIN 60+ GAMES THIS SEASON ~!
    Sulinger & Melo steals of decade
    KG and Pierce find fountain of youth
    Jeff Green gets it
    Terry and Lee run with Rondo & make Ray Allen irrelevant...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BynumizaHERO. Show BynumizaHERO's posts

[QUOTE]CELTICS WILL WIN 60+ GAMES THIS SEASON ~! Sulinger & Melo steals of decade KG and Pierce find fountain of youth Jeff Green gets it Terry and Lee run with Rondo & make Ray Allen irrelevant...

And the world comes to an end on 12/21/12.  ROFLMAO!!!

Cool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]CELTICS WILL WIN 60+ GAMES THIS SEASON ~! Sulinger & Melo steals of decade KG and Pierce find fountain of youth Jeff Green gets it Terry and Lee run with Rondo & make Ray Allen irrelevant...

I'm not setting a goal for number of wins this year....just seeding.  Whatever it takes to be the 2 (or 1) seed, I'm all for it!!  We are deep enough, and there are enough "bad" teams out there, where we should be able to both rest our older vets and still be very good.  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts