What would you do with Pick #25?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

What would you do with Pick #25?

It looks to me like Trey Thompkins is the guy to go with.

I have'nt seen any video, but I'll take the smarter player of 2 similar bigs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: What would you do with Pick #25?

I would package with a current player to move up or a vet player.

Doc isn't playing a rookie next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: What would you do with Pick #25?:
    [QUOTE]I would package with a current player to move up or a vet player. Doc isn't playing a rookie next year.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

What if he turns out to be a Zach Randolph or David West, a couple of 6-9 PF's that have great skills and average athleticism?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

danny ainge will trade the pick for the oldest and most oft-injured player he can get. Cool

celtics and celtic fans are doomed for decades!!

2030 is a very long way off...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I already have some nicknames for him, "TnT" and "Trey Bien!"

Ha Ha Ha! I'm bored.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I would package with a current player to move up or a vet player. Doc isn't playing a rookie next year.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Well, he tried Bradley and Luke earlier this year but both clearly failed.  I think it comes down to the quality of the rookie!  Clearly, a young Bradley and a scared Luke just weren't ready to play on this team.   If we got a great rookie, I think he'd play more minutes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Doc makes you earn playing time, and if you don't, you don't play! The best players are not content to sit out.

That's how you weed them out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Doc makes you earn playing time, and if you don't, you don't play! The best players are not content to sit out. That's how you weed them out.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Doc has an extremely difficult job... he has to win and contend and he is blessed with bad draft decisions from Danny, players that are nowhere near ready to play and or do not have the experience to get in and get involved.  With an elite team with a very short window Danny should draft the most experienced player still on the board regardless of their athleticism, etc.  He should draft guys that have played in college for at least a couple of years so that they have had some coaching and it makes Doc's job easier.  Getting Bradely at 19 years old is a project waiting to happen and Doc has to keep winning and Bradley and winning is an oxymoron because of his experience.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

There is no solution at Center in the draft of course. That is our bigggest issue.

So that has to be addressed in a trade this summer. (or pipe dream Howard next summer may be DA's plan, who knows).

Seems to me we are GREAT at PG and SF for the next 3 years assuming we have a Rondo-DWest duo and a Pierce-Green duo.

This means the help should be upgrading the backup SG and PF spots. KG and Ray need to be 26-28 minute a game guys next year. Then of course KG may be gone and the Ray phased out (like Reggie who played till age 39 w/ lots of Artest/Jackson mins speeling him).

SG Klay Thompson and PF Jordan Williams should be the targets. They can easily replace what Wafer/Nate and Baby gave us this year... as rookies. Then be future starters or at least very good rotation guys.

I'd move up 3-5 picks if you had to w/ that 2013 2nd rounder we got from Cleve and/or ANY of our 2nd rd picks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would you do with Pick #25? : What if he turns out to be a Zach Randolph or David West, a couple of 6-9 PF's that have great skills and average athleticism?
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Zach Randolph took seven years to figure himself out.  I could live with a project guy in the second round - the kind of guy you stash at the end of your bench, in Europe, or in the D-League for a couple years.

But the first round guy needs to make an impact

a long defensive SG/SF or a strong athletic defensive rebounding big man

Lucas Noguiera is far from strong, but he's a long, athletic, defensive rebounder already.  I could live with waiting for him to come into his own on the strength of his talent.

Biyombo would be more ideal if he fell that far.  Hopefully teams waiting down low will amplify the rumors and doubts about him so he falls far enough for the Celtics to move up a few spots and get him

And Mamadou Diarra is the epitomy of the 12/13th/Euro/D-League project if he's around late in the 2nd round or if he goes undrafted.  7-0 285.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

Pick best player available. Then work on trades later. To far down in the picking order to fill spots. I didn't watch much college ball this year, but most analysts claim the draft is weak. What free agents from other teams may become available? Drafting good college talent is tough. I though Joe Forte was going to be good! What a stiff he turned out to be. I don't think we should totally give up on AB. He was so young and started injured. We gave up to early on Chauncey. AB may turn into a stiff but we still need to give him time. I still hear Ainge saying good things about him. Go Celts!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Klay Thompson killed my alma mater in the 1st round of the NIT....
    i like him if he is around that long.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

The Celtics are better off trading the #25 pick for a 1st round pick next year. That way the Cs could potentially have 3 1st round picks in the 2012 Draft.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Certainly something to be said with that, especially if it is not to a contender. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from santafesino. Show santafesino's posts

I want Lucas Nogueira, He's a beast in the paint. Blocks and Dunks for celtics next season

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would you do with Pick #25? : Well, he tried Bradley and Luke earlier this year but both clearly failed.  I think it comes down to the quality of the rookie!  Clearly, a young Bradley and a scared Luke just weren't ready to play on this team.   If we got a great rookie, I think he'd play more minutes.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Doc only plays rookies if they are superstars.If you are a young player,please pray to God not to be drafted by the celtics.No super stars are found in the botton of the draft,so you are doomed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would you do with Pick #25? : Well, he tried Bradley and Luke earlier this year but both clearly failed.  I think it comes down to the quality of the rookie!  Clearly, a young Bradley and a scared Luke just weren't ready to play on this team.   If we got a great rookie, I think he'd play more minutes.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

How you get a great rookie drafting#25 in a very weak draft?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

Lucky....that is the only way how.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Take Jordan Williams

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]There is no solution at Center in the draft of course. That is our bigggest issue. So that has to be addressed in a trade this summer. (or pipe dream Howard next summer may be DA's plan, who knows). Seems to me we are GREAT at PG and SF for the next 3 years assuming we have a Rondo-DWest duo and a Pierce-Green duo. This means the help should be upgrading the backup SG and PF spots. KG and Ray need to be 26-28 minute a game guys next year. Then of course KG may be gone and the Ray phased out (like Reggie who played till age 39 w/ lots of Artest/Jackson mins speeling him). SG Klay Thompson and PF Jordan Williams should be the targets . They can easily replace what Wafer/Nate and Baby gave us this year... as rookies. Then be future starters or at least very good rotation guys. I'd move up 3-5 picks if you had to w/ that 2013 2nd rounder we got from Cleve and/or ANY of our 2nd rd picks.  Good post except there is no way we can easily replace Glen Davis.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oleme. Show oleme's posts

Draft Austin Rivers.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from freshbeats82. Show freshbeats82's posts

I think maybe try to trade up a few spots to be able to draft Markeiff Morris.  6'10 245 lb PF.  I think he can contribute right away and give kg some rest.  Then the Celts can address the center and backup sg position through free agency and maybe trades.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

trade it

Sections
Shortcuts