What would you do with Pick #25?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Re: What would you do with Pick #25?

Trade it IMO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Jeremy Tyler, 19 yo pf/c

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Bundle Rondo and the #25th pick  and move up at least to the 24th pick.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: What would you do with Pick #25?:
    [QUOTE]I would package with a current player to move up or a vet player. Doc isn't playing a rookie next year.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

I like the vet idea. I would move up in this draft if it didn't cost us anything.

My short list is Biyombo,Fredette,Markief Morris,Trey Thompkins and Marshon Brooks.

Low post scorers - Hard to find
    Hustle rebounders and shot blockers- Easier to find
    sharp shooting guards- very easy to find

Complete players at any position- almost impossible to find.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

Fredette is intriguing. I think I am drinking th 28 PPG koolaid. I made the same mistake think Jospeh Forte would be good. High point production often doen not  translates into NBA quality. I think Danny might like him with the BYU connection.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would you do with Pick #25? : Well, he tried Bradley and Luke earlier this year but both clearly failed.  I think it comes down to the quality of the rookie!  Clearly, a young Bradley and a scared Luke just weren't ready to play on this team.   If we got a great rookie, I think he'd play more minutes.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

You might be right, but Doc definitely doesn't give rookies much of a chance.  If he gave them more playing time, maybe they would develop into a good player by the end of the season.  They all spend too much time on the bench. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would you do with Pick #25? : There was talk that if Fredette came out last year the Celts would draft him.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

He will be gone by the 15th pick - see JJ Redick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]Jeremy Tyler, 19 yo pf/c
    Posted by arodrambone[/QUOTE]

Yes.  That is a Danny kind of pick.  He has a propensity to take chances on potential.  Some times it pans out: Al Jefferson, Kendrick Perkins, Rondo, Powe, Baby.  Some times it does not: Marcus Banks, others.  Jury is still out on Bradley.  We will know next year which way that pick will go.  I can see Jeremy Tyler in green.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

www.nytimes.com/2011/04/21/sports/basketball/21iht-BASKETBALL21.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

[QUOTE]Draft the best big available.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]I agree that we should draft the best big available. By "big", I mean someone who is a legitimate 6"9 and above with a good athletic physique, and not some fat, undersized guy with limited athleticism and leaping ability.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would you do with Pick #25? : How you get a great rookie drafting#25 in a very weak draft?
    Posted by debrit[/QUOTE]

To answer your question....You don't!  Especially in a weak draft.  

However, remember Bradley didn't come at #25 in 2010.  We had number 19.  And people like Anderson (Spurs), Neal (Spurs), and Fields (Knicks) were available when we picked.  Same story the year before.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would you do with Pick #25? : You might be right, but Doc definitely doesn't give rookies much of a chance.  If he gave them more playing time, maybe they would develop into a good player by the end of the season.  They all spend too much time on the bench. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Well, he gave a lot of time to rookies named Al Jefferson, Delonte West, Rajon Rondo, Marcus Banks, Baby Davis, Kendrick Perkins, and other young players like Ryan Gomes.   That's in addition to the ones he had in Orlando who were in their 1st and second years and who's names were Ron Mercer (31 min/gm in his second yr), Chucky Atkins (19.7 min/gm in his rookie year), Ben Wallace (24min/gm in his 3rd yr), Drew Gooden (rookie), Mike Miller (29 min/gm in his rookie yr), Tracey McGrady (in his 3rd yr), Corey Magette (18 mins/gm as rookie), etc.   Go to http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ORL/2000.html to get the stats for 2000 and then go to 2001 and 2002, as well.

I think fans are angry because Doc pushed hard for a championship and in looking for answers, we'd like to think these rookies/young players would make a difference.  But, they wouldn't imo.  Without injuries, Delonte would get as many minutes as BBD (both young).  But, Luke and Bradley just weren't ready and it showed when he played.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would you do with Pick #25? : Well, he gave a lot of time to rookies named Al Jefferson, Delonte West, Rajon Rondo, Marcus Banks, Baby Davis, Kendrick Perkins, and other young players like Ryan Gomes.   That's in addition to the ones he had in Orlando who were in their 1st and second years and who's names were Ron Mercer (31 min/gm in his second yr), Chucky Atkins (19.7 min/gm in his rookie year), Ben Wallace (24min/gm in his 3rd yr), Drew Gooden (rookie), Mike Miller (29 min/gm in his rookie yr), Tracey McGrady (in his 3rd yr), Corey Magette (18 mins/gm as rookie), etc.   Go to  http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ORL/2000.html to get the stats for 2000 and then go to 2001 and 2002, as well. I think fans are angry because Doc pushed hard for a championship and in looking for answers, we'd like to think these rookies/young players would make a difference.  But, they wouldn't imo.  Without injuries, Delonte would get as many minutes as BBD (both young).  But, Luke and Bradley just weren't ready and it showed when he played.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

For every player that you name Danny taking, there are two that he could have taken that were better players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would you do with Pick #25? : I agree that we should draft the best big available. By "big", I mean someone who is a legitimate 6"9 and above with a good athletic physique, and not some fat, undersized guy with limited athleticism and leaping ability.
    Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

So, basically, not Big Baby

or Jordan Williams for that matter - I heard his athleticism is below average

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would you do with Pick #25? :
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

Yes when I re-read that I agreed that a 21 year old rookie cannot easily replace big baby.

What I should have said was that someone like Jordan Williams, currently in better shape pre-draft than during the season from all reports, who was a 12 rebound guy in 32 mins at Maryland... can prob get as many rebounds in less mins than Baby did.

Rebounding was the teams biggest issue after injuries the past 2 years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Last 3 seasons Baby avg'd 22-23 minutes a game and avg'd 4.4 rebounds. Reggie Evans, same height as Baby, is a career 19.5 minute 7 rebound guy.

I'd hope/assume that Jordan Williams gave us those same 4.4 rebounds in 14-15 minutes a game next year and then just reaches his ceiling as a solid 7th man backup to both big man positions. A 25-28 minute guy getting like 9-11 points (lil more than BBD) but like 8 boards (way more) and making 1-2 million less per year at the same ages 23-25 we just got out of Baby.

I want KG to be a 24-28 minute guy. If you give Green 8-12 mins at PF and Williams 12-16... then we still need to fill 46 minutes worth of a frontcourt

I guess you can give Krstic 24-28 and Jermaine 18-22. but I would rather get a solid 32-34 minute a game Center w/ skills at BOTH ends of the court.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to What would you do with Pick #25?:
    [QUOTE]It looks to me like Trey Thompkins is the guy to go with. I have'nt seen any video, but I'll take the smarter player of 2 similar bigs.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Can't we trade Von Wafer and the 25th pick for the #1 pick, then trade the #1 pick for the #2 pick and another pick in the first round..... that way whoever gets the #1 pick still gets Kyrie Irving but then the Cs could take Derrick Williams at #2 and also get that other pick in the first round?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to What would you do with Pick #25?:
    [QUOTE]It looks to me like Trey Thompkins is the guy to go with. I have'nt seen any video, but I'll take the smarter player of 2 similar bigs.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Scratch Trey Thompkins! We need to move up and take Kemba Walker or move to another draft!

Let Kemba and Bradley play the backcourt off the bench and throw them out there with some offensive + defensive rebounders and LIGHT IT UP!! (ala Dumars and Thomas)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Dont blame Ainge for making couple indecision moves in past two to three years. Look at all other teams, there are so many GM's making alot of indecision moves in past 15 years too such as Golden State, Portland, New Jersey, Philadelphia, etc.  Problem for NBA is that these GM's along with the front office management staffs all have a harder time figuring out which college basketball players are a worthly pick at the same time who are not a worthy pick.  I just think it is just a luck.  

I know I would like to see the Celtics pick Kemba cuz I think he is more a worthy pick.  But it is not going to happen cuz Walker is going to be pick before the Celtic do.  Best pick is to pick a players who have play two plus years college ball such as Thompson of Texas or Leonard of San Diego State, etc.   Enuff of these internatonal players.  They are more unproven NBA player than being a proven NBA player.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would you do with Pick #25? : So, basically, not Big Baby or Jordan Williams for that matter - I heard his athleticism is below average
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Williams has a better shot than baby and has much better lift than baby I think he is a Boozer proto type not as good but that kind of player.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Trade down, not up and see what you can get this year and then maybe something better next year.  Draft as if Ainge were Belichick.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]Trade down, not up and see what you can get this year and then maybe something better next year.  Draft as if Ainge were Belichick.
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]

If we can't go up, then we should go down and draft Marshon Brooks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Dont blame Ainge for making couple indecision moves in past two to three years. Look at all other teams, there are so many GM's making alot of indecision moves in past 15 years too such as Golden State, Portland, New Jersey, Philadelphia, etc.  Problem for NBA is that these GM's along with the front office management staffs all have a harder time figuring out which college basketball players are a worthly pick at the same time who are not a worthy pick.  I just think it is just a luck.   I know I would like to see the Celtics pick Kemba cuz I think he is more a worthy pick.  But it is not going to happen cuz Walker is going to be pick before the Celtic do.  Best pick is to pick a players who have play two plus years college ball such as Thompson of Texas or Leonard of San Diego State, etc.   Enuff of these internatonal players.  They are more unproven NBA player than being a proven NBA player.  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Walker would have to suffer a life threatening injury to slip to 25 and since that is unlikely and the Cs have nothing to offer to move into the top 10, discussing Kemba Walker as a Celtic is absurd.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]danny ainge will trade the pick for the oldest and most oft-injured player he can get. celtics and celtic fans are doomed for decades!! 2030 is a very long way off...
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

You are saying we are trading for Bynum? 

Sections
Shortcuts