Whatever happens...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Whatever happens...

I'm not giving up on us until it's over, but I just want to say that even if it's over soon, I am proud of these guys.  I've never seen a team - of any sport - care about each other and perservere together though so much adversity like this year's Celtics.  That, obviously, is not enough to guarantee them a championship but it sure makes them really good men who I am - even tonight - proud to support.  They are guys who inspire me, who show me that there are people out there in the world who I can believe in and even learn life lessons from.  No matter what happens next, these guys always have a place in my heart, and that will outlive the pain I feel right now.  I hope some of you can come away with that too - again, no matter what happens.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Whatever happens...

I'm with you, Lith - not ready to retire yet!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to Whatever happens...:
    I'm not giving up on us until it's over, but I just want to say that even if it's over soon, I am proud of these guys.  I've never seen a team - of any sport - care about each other and perservere together though so much adversity like this year's Celtics.  That, obviously, is not enough to guarantee them a championship but it sure makes them really good men who I am - even tonight - proud to support.  They are guys who inspire me, who show me that there are people out there in the world who I can believe in and even learn life lessons from.  No matter what happens next, these guys always have a place in my heart, and that will outlive the pain I feel right now.  I hope some of you can come away with that too - again, no matter what happens.
    Posted by MsLithium21

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Posted by MsLithium21

Celtic Pride and the big four,
    Ill never forget them,
     good attitude THANKS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to Re: Whatever happens...:
    No, it's not over. Queen James can still lose. She might sprain her vag.
    Posted by Kirk6

bloody well right james...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Although tonight's loss was a tough one for multiple reasons, I will continue to say that the Celtics will win this series. 

If they can steal game-5 in Miami, this series is right back on level ground. You know that if they win they'll go back to an energized and enthused Garden crowd for game-6. That should be an emotionally packed game that the Celtics should win. At that point, game-7 is up for grabs, and given the Celtics history in game 7's, I'd put my money on them.

The key is game-5. If we win game-5, this series is ours for the taking.

WITH THAT SAID.... if things don't work out, all we can do is tip our caps and move on. Miami played incredibly well down the stretch tonight and our Celtics have given it their all. Regardless of the outcome of this series I will be proud of our Boys in Green. 

And ultimately, there are much more important things in life to worry about. We get all caught up in a mere game, when all it takes is one traumatic event to put life into perspective. It's just a game, and life will go on for all of us. There will be more basketball and other enjoyable things to do.

All we can do is enjoy the ride, hope for the best, and keep things in perspective and realize that life goes on.

Peace fellas.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Peace to you too.  These guys won't let themselves get counted out.  And yes, life will go on no matter what.  It did last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

Posted by MsLithium21

good thread...well written...go Celts!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

It's over, let it go... Just saying...
    Posted by RicoCeltic

Rico's just calling it like he sees it. The rest of you can take off your Celtic green glasses. You won't win two in Miami. They're gonna want to finish the C's off the next game.

You might've had a chance with Perk. Like Rico said...you can thank Danny Ainge for destroying your team's chemistry.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Oh really?  If you need life lessons from those dudes you need serious psychiatric therapy.  
    Posted by MsLithium21

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Its  a sad day when the greatest franchise in NBA history loses a heartbreaker in a game we didnt even play well in... odds are stacked against us now but who knows, anything is possible..

At least we didnt melt down like the Lakers did or have out largest player seek out the tiniest player on the other team  and cheap shot him... then run off the court before he got up... 

Lakers have a recent history of melting down in big games.. the Mavs embarrassed them almost as bad as we did in game 6... with a 39 point humiliation..

I think thats why Phil wants out.. he knows that team doesnt have the heart and he musta gotten word the NBA fix with the refs wasnt gonna be in anymore... Smart move Phil, get away before some of that "loser" rubs off on you.

One thing Phil is famous for is...1) never coach a team thats not already championship caliber  and 2) never coach a team that quickly loses its championship caliber..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

well Ms L..........I'm with you.....nicely put my dear...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

You forgot to thank the real hero in kevin mchale for giving us garnett, not danny he has been the worst gm for drafting players in the league.  we have no young talent except rondo and he is not good enough like paul or williams to carry a team to the championship because he cannot shoot the ball.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

we'll see how well the team comes together for game 5.  they need some real team unity to bring one another up a notch.  if they do that in game 5 they'll probably win it all again this year.  like Doc says - they've got to do it together.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

well Ms L..........I'm with you.....nicely put my dear...
    Posted by Duke4

Thank you Duke.  Smile

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Qdaddy,
    Don't let your rico puppet drool all over you.  Or can't you do the drinking water bit like a good ventriloquist.

The Lakers according to Tim Legler on with Mason and Ireland have Andrew "Bush league" Bynum losing great value since the incident Sunday. That coupled with Artest, Kobe and Gasol losing value has your team facing some discounted talent which will be on sale for bargain hunters. Remember the high salaries will be a problem for buyers so don't forget to get the begging bowl out for Commish Stern to bail you out. You are the Goldman Sachs of the NBA.

By the way Rico is a lot more endearing as a persona than your Qdaddy act.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Posted by MsLithium21
    i just cant imagine us falling in 5. can see it in 7 at this point. can see pp making that last sec shot and ray going for 25 tomorrow. we will pull it out. coming bak to bostin, that's up to miami. they will have to use up all their bullets. i dont see us going like kobe and the lakers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I don't either.  And if we do go out in 5, it will be fighting like men till the bitter end and it will be with class.  But I don't think it will even come to that.  We're better than this and what's lost in all the grief is that we had so many chances to win that damb game yesterday.

By the way, I'm soooo glad you're here.  We have a lot of Heat trolls mouthing off today and we positive Celtics fans need to stick together!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

I don't either.  And if we do go out in 5, it will be fighting like men till the bitter end and it will be with class.  But I don't think it will even come to that.  We're better than this and what's lost in all the grief is that we had so many chances to win that damb game yesterday. By the way, I'm soooo glad you're here.  We have a lot of Heat trolls mouthing off today and we positive Celtics fans need to stick together!!
    Posted by MsLithium21
    the thing about the celts right now is that i dont think winning 3 in a row is IMPOSSIBLE. we started off by getting blowed out the first 2 games (paraphrasing magic johnson). we certainly have corrected that and stepped up our intensity. last night was a fluke, i simply do not see us losing like that again back to back. if both teams bring the same intensity, celts should win a similar game. hopefully doc will stay away from the big useless baby completely. i seriously do not want to see mr. davis even dress. i would rather go down fighting with jeff green and wafer and even krstic! shaq better be ready to give us 15 minutes. i may even consider starting shaq if i had my way just as change-up in same way they started snothony esp since south beach  has a special meaning for shaq. i am absolutely not ready to give up or throw in the towel. miami has played as great as it can possibly play, celts still have some room to grow. 

hopefully, doc will try to get ray off as soon as possible and then phase in kg later as the game rolls on. also, i hope he will allow pp to be more like kobe at times rather than to keep passing the ball around. he has proven that he can get to the rim whenever he wants or get a good shot off regardless of what the great lebron does on defense. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Thanks Qdaddy. At least the Lakers won't tie us this year. Who knows next your team has some great trade pieces. Get a defensive guru as a coach and Lakers will be fine and if the Bynum and Odom for Dwight Howard materializes you will be on your way again.
    Posted by RicoCeltic

Rico, your bud's are turning on you just cause you refuse to look through those green colored glasses. If you ever decide to dump them, you can join us. I'm pretty sure LA will be back in title contention before the C's. You've seen it...DA, the inept, has set your franchise back to the days after Bird and McHale.

But I'll understand if you remain loyal to your team. The first priority for the C's is to dump Danny Ainge. That will at least get you guys pointed in the right direction.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

Yes...they seem to have no answer for the Captain PP so he needs to keep attacking. Teams start to figure each other out during a playoff series and I believe the Celts have figured out the Heat. Jeff Green is starting to defend Lebron better, etc... This gives me hope that the C's can win game 5...just need to hit someof those open shots and Doc needs to figure out a rotation where the big 3 will not be exhausted in the 4rth quarter.

Sections
Shortcuts