Whatever happens...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Re: Whatever happens...

In Response to Re: Whatever happens...:
    [QUOTE]Its  a sad day when the greatest franchise in NBA history loses a heartbreaker in a game we didnt even play well in... odds are stacked against us now but who knows, anything is possible.. At least we didnt melt down like the Lakers did or have out largest player seek out the tiniest player on the other team  and cheap shot him... then run off the court before he got up...  Lakers have a recent history of melting down in big games.. the Mavs embarrassed them almost as bad as we did in game 6... with a 39 point humiliation.. I think thats why Phil wants out.. he knows that team doesnt have the heart and he musta gotten word the NBA fix with the refs wasnt gonna be in anymore... Smart move Phil, get away before some of that "loser" rubs off on you. One thing Phil is famous for is...1) never coach a team thats not already championship caliber  and 2) never coach a team that quickly loses its championship caliber..
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

A little bitter are we!

At least we have the more recent memory of stealing the Championship right out from under your guys when they had a 13 point lead in game 7 last year.

Don't worry, we'll eventually that 17th banner and then some more. It might not be next year, but the Laker's brain trust has a plan for returning to the Finals.

I think Danny's plan is to go out and overpay for some more old, past-their-prime players. Hah!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Qdaddy, Don't let your rico puppet drool all over you.  Or can't you do the drinking water bit like a good ventriloquist. The Lakers according to Tim Legler on with Mason and Ireland have Andrew "Bush league" Bynum losing great value since the incident Sunday. That coupled with Artest, Kobe and Gasol losing value has your team facing some discounted talent which will be on sale for bargain hunters. Remember the high salaries will be a problem for buyers so don't forget to get the begging bowl out for Commish Stern to bail you out. You are the Goldman Sachs of the NBA. By the way Rico is a lot more endearing as a persona than your Qdaddy act.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Well, I've invited Rico to join our side (the side with a future), so we'll have to wait on his answer.

Do you REALLY believe Bynum's trade value went down for that "incident"? I'll guarantee you if he were offered to the Celtics, DA would be working feverishly to put together an acceptable trade package. Tim Legler is like you and me, someone with an opinion. His opinion carries no more weight with Mitch Kupchak than yours does.

Like I've already said, Kupchak will evaluate his teams needs, teams looking to move players, and he'll open negotiations with potential suitors. Look at the Lakers trade history over the past twenty years or so and you'll realize they're THE BEST run organization in the NBA. I know most of you, with YOUR opinions, are already writing off the Lakers. I've got a lot more faith in Kupchak and the Busses than most of you do in Danny Ainge.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whatever happens... : the thing about the celts right now is that i dont think winning 3 in a row is IMPOSSIBLE. we started off by getting blowed out the first 2 games (paraphrasing magic johnson). we certainly have corrected that and stepped up our intensity. last night was a fluke, i simply do not see us losing like that again back to back. if both teams bring the same intensity, celts should win a similar game. hopefully doc will stay away from the big useless baby completely. i seriously do not want to see mr. davis even dress. i would rather go down fighting with jeff green and wafer and even krstic! shaq better be ready to give us 15 minutes. i may even consider starting shaq if i had my way just as change-up in same way they started snothony esp since south beach  has a special meaning for shaq. i am absolutely not ready to give up or throw in the towel. miami has played as great as it can possibly play, celts still have some room to grow.  hopefully, doc will try to get ray off as soon as possible and then phase in kg later as the game rolls on. also, i hope he will allow pp to be more like kobe at times rather than to keep passing the ball around. he has proven that he can get to the rim whenever he wants or get a good shot off regardless of what the great lebron does on defense. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Sunshine pumper.

No, your guys WON'T win 3 in a row. Your championship run ended on February 24th...the day of "the trade".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whatever happens... : Sunshine pumper. No, your guys WON'T win 3 in a row. Your championship run ended on February 24th...the day of "the trade".
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]ok q-man, i got ya now. ur a laker buttttboy. u should be ashamed of your team for going down in such a classless fashion and start getting ready for the dwight howard era and phasing out kobe to a more peripheral role. your team has one of the most dysfunctional teams and management in all of sports. jeanie cant stand her brother who is the guy vetoing the trade of bynum for melo when everyone else of value signs off on it. you have the yoko ono (vanessa bryant) of the nba blowing up your team by maximizing friction between kobe and gasol the arsehole, ron artest the artist known as the headcase, fisher the immobile fish, the least athletic team of the west, brian "my biggest qualification is that i tell kobe how is arze taste" shaw coming on as coach. worry about your dumb team and leave us alone. celts have 5 top draft choices coming up for 2012.

if we lose to miami, we can certainly trade both ray and kg for more #1 picks and younger studs while turning things over to jeff green as a starterat the 3 and pp at the 2 and what not. celts will be in a far better position than the lakes and contending perennially for a ring by 2014. plus we have a far more stable gm and ownership group. whether doc is here r not, we will have a much smoother transition at the coaching position by having someone who has actually been a coach be it mchale or frank. 

btw, kobe got treated exactly as he treated that girl in that room in denver. kobe, how does a broom taste? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whatever happens... : ok q-man, i got ya now. ur a laker buttttboy. u should be ashamed of your team for going down in such a classless fashion and start getting ready for the dwight howard era and phasing out kobe to a more peripheral role. your team has one of the most dysfunctional teams and management in all of sports. jeanie cant stand her brother who is the guy vetoing the trade of bynum for melo when everyone else of value signs off on it. you have the yoko ono (vanessa bryant) of the nba blowing up your team by maximizing friction between kobe and gasol the arsehole, ron artest the artist known as the headcase, fisher the immobile fish, the least athletic team of the west, brian "my biggest qualification is that i tell kobe how is arze taste" shaw coming on as coach. worry about your dumb team and leave us alone. celts have 5 top draft choices coming up for 2012.  if we lose to miami, we can certainly trade both ray and kg for more #1 picks and younger studs while turning things over to jeff green as a starterat the 3 and pp at the 2 and what not. celts will be in a far better position than the lakes and contending perennially for a ring by 2014. plus we have a far more stable gm and ownership group. whether doc is here r not, we will have a much smoother transition at the coaching position by having someone who has actually been a coach be it mchale or frank.  btw,  kobe got treated exactly as he treated that girl in that room in denver. kobe, how does a broom taste? 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Oh CC...where to begin...

Okay, I'll start with Dwight Howard. Maybe someone forgot to tell you...the NBA, like ALL professional sports, is A BUSINESS. As most of you know, I'm NOT a Kobe fan, and I would love to see him traded for D-Howard. Will that happen?, who knows. But I would like to see it happen. But the Lakers brass will be looking at that.

I don't know how you know so much about the Buss family. I read the LA Times and the Daily News on a regular basis and I see the Buss family as a normal family that has normal brother/sister spats...nothing more. Dr. Buss ultimately has the final say in all decisions and he gets input from his children (who he has been grooming to run the Lakers/Business) and Mitch Kupchak. I NEVER believed the Melo trade would ever happen because he wasn't a real need. The Lakers don't make a trade, just to make a trade. They give each potential trade a lot of thought, weighing the pros and cons and come to a logical decison. That doesn't include input from the various NBA team websites, including the Celtics. Just cause YOU people thought it should happen didn't mean it was going to.

Vanessa, Chloe and the other Laker wives are insignificant, so I'm not even going to reply to that. None value added.

Just cause your team has 5 top draft choices doesn't mean they'll do anything smart with those picks. Need I remind you that you guys have DANNY AINGE as your GM!!...the most INEPT GM in the league!!! And I'm not the only one who believes that. Check your own forum...you have a large contingent on this website who would like to crucify him. And you probably should. He's a poor evaluator of talent. How many of your teams draft picks have "panned out" since he took over? Yeah...I thought so. And do I need to remind you of the Fat Shaq signing? You guys got real value out of that one, didn't you.

Ray and KG are CLEARLY on the downside of their careers. Good luck finding some moron GM who'll give you a #1 pick for either. Actually, there is ONE GM who'd do that, but you already OWN him...HAH!

I saved the best for last. You said, and I quote..."we have a far more stable GM and ownership group"...I just about busted a gut laughing at that ridiculous statement. I don't believe you even have any fellow C's fans who would back you on that. Let me break this down for you...

The Lakers have had TWO owners for most of their time in Los Angeles, Jack Kent Cooke and Dr. Jerry Buss. By my count, the Celtics have had FIFTEEN owners or ownership groups...during the same time frame...FIFTEEN!! To an outside observer, which team would be viewed as "stable"? The C's management is about as stable as Sybil. (I try to get a Sybil dig in at every opportunity.)

The Lakers have had two GM's working for Dr. Buss. And Jerry West was twice named Executive of the Year and was responsible for the "Showtime" Lakers and acquiring Kobe and Shaq. He also took Mitch Kupchak under his tutelage and taught him how to be a GM. So Jerry is also "indirectly" responsible for the Lakers most recent Championships as well.

You guys have had 3 GM's during that time and Danny Ainge put together ONE championship team...and a bunch of questionable trades and signings.

I don't doubt that Mitch Kupchak will get with Dr. Buss and they'll make the moves that will bring the Lakers back to the Finals soon. The Lakers still have a lot of quality players (despite what most C's fans think) that will either remain with the team or will be moved for other players or draft picks.

The Lakers management team has made the trades/signings that have allowed them to move within ONE championship of equaling the Celtics 17 titles. That's because of THEIR management team. Your GM's have been "asleep at the wheel".

The balls in your court!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from myceltics17. Show myceltics17's posts

Down 1-3, there are many ways of looking at those numbers. I see it as that rare opportunity for this current team to be thrust into the ranks of NBA Immortals, just as Larry Bird et al had done so 30 years ago. Those of us who lived through those nerve wracking days will never forget that moment when the buzzer sounded to end the game and series. Imagine where, in Einstein's space-time continuum, that moment would be had our team given up at 1-3.

In the movie Apollo 13, the commander of the control center, amid the uncertainty of the fate of the crew members, quipped, " This will be NASA's finest moment." Imagine where the crew members of the Apollo 13 would be had the command center given up on Apollo 1-3. Down 1-3, I say, " This will be our team's Finest Moment!"

Margaret Thatcher, when asked what will happen if the Brits should fail in the Falklands War, replied, " Failure? The possibility does not exist!" Imagine what the outcome would be had she replied differently. As I write, I hold no thoughts of our team failing. We can, and we will win Game 5! The possiblity of failure does not exist!

There is a character in the animated series, Gulliver's Travels, called Glum whose famous line is, " We'll never make it!" Imagine what the outcome would be had the members of the Navy Seals Team 6 thought of that. I see a bearded man in robe standing over 30 charred bodies beside a high tech stealth chopper. The NST6 were well trained and well prepared for the job, and they made it. Our team is well trained and well prepared for the job ahead, and they will make it.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Whatever happens...:
    [QUOTE]I'm not giving up on us until it's over, but I just want to say that even if it's over soon, I am proud of these guys.  I've never seen a team - of any sport - care about each other and perservere together though so much adversity like this year's Celtics.  That, obviously, is not enough to guarantee them a championship but it sure makes them really good men who I am - even tonight - proud to support.  They are guys who inspire me, who show me that there are people out there in the world who I can believe in and even learn life lessons from.  No matter what happens next, these guys always have a place in my heart, and that will outlive the pain I feel right now.  I hope some of you can come away with that too - again, no matter what happens.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

Good post....Gotta hang in there to the end, even though the vultures may be out waiting for our dead bodies....you gotta kill us first.  Atleast we can be proud of our team and say we got taken out by the leagues new premiere team, unlike that classless bunch of wussies in L.A. that acted like little boys and started trying to hurt people cuz they got swept....pathetic..and they have a nerve to be on our board waiting our downfall....smh   - good posting with you Ms.L  -   gonna be a long offseason....hopefully we can still have some good discussions over the summer... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

If I didn't think the Celts could win, I wouldn't bother watching. I'm certainly not watching to see the Heat. I don't enjoy watching them play. If the Celts play their game, they will win. If they shoot the ball when they're driving instead of passing to a teammate who is going for the offensive board,(and having the ball go out of bounds) that will be difference enough.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whatever happens... : Oh CC...where to begin... Okay, I'll start with Dwight Howard. Maybe someone forgot to tell you...the NBA, like ALL professional sports, is A BUSINESS. As most of you know, I'm NOT a Kobe fan, and I would love to see him traded for D-Howard. Will that happen?, who knows. But I would like to see it happen. But the Lakers brass will be looking at that. I don't know how you know so much about the Buss family. I read the LA Times and the Daily News on a regular basis and I see the Buss family as a normal family that has normal brother/sister spats...nothing more. Dr. Buss ultimately has the final say in all decisions and he gets input from his children (who he has been grooming to run the Lakers/Business) and Mitch Kupchak. I NEVER believed the Melo trade would ever happen because he wasn't a real need. The Lakers don't make a trade, just to make a trade. They give each potential trade a lot of thought, weighing the pros and cons and come to a logical decison. That doesn't include input from the various NBA team websites, including the Celtics. Just cause YOU people thought it should happen didn't mean it was going to. Vanessa, Chloe and the other Laker wives are insignificant, so I'm not even going to reply to that. None value added. Just cause your team has 5 top draft choices doesn't mean they'll do anything smart with those picks. Need I remind you that you guys have DANNY AINGE as your GM!!...the most INEPT GM in the league!!! And I'm not the only one who believes that. Check your own forum...you have a large contingent on this website who would like to crucify him. And you probably should. He's a poor evaluator of talent. How many of your teams draft picks have "panned out" since he took over? Yeah...I thought so. And do I need to remind you of the Fat Shaq signing? You guys got real value out of that one, didn't you. Ray and KG are CLEARLY on the downside of their careers. Good luck finding some moron GM who'll give you a #1 pick for either. Actually, there is ONE GM who'd do that, but you already OWN him...HAH! I saved the best for last. You said, and I quote..."we have a far more stable GM and ownership group"...I just about busted a gut laughing at that ridiculous statement. I don't believe you even have any fellow C's fans who would back you on that. Let me break this down for you... The Lakers have had TWO owners for most of their time in Los Angeles, Jack Kent Cooke and Dr. Jerry Buss. By my count, the Celtics have had FIFTEEN owners or ownership groups...during the same time frame...FIFTEEN!! To an outside observer, which team would be viewed as "stable"? The C's management is about as stable as Sybil.Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]q, i have read a lot of dumb things recently and in my life. but truly this is about DUMBEST and most hilarious homer rambling i have EVER read! do you own a tv? have u heard magic johnson the greatest homer of them all talking objectively about your dire situation? name me one expert who thinks you are in a good situation.. just one? say what you want about danny, our team has far more flexibility than yours. he is the BELICHICK of the NBA! love how you ignore all the deft moves danny made from drafting big al and developing perk , delonte and all the other guys who were valued high enough to be included in the trades that eventually landed this team kg and ray! oh you must have just ignored that? tony allen was a bad pick too right? even this year, teams valued our picks enough to give us a valued #2 for them. 

on the shaq thing, what risk was there? there were teams lining up to offer a shaq a vet minimum deal. what was the risk? shaq more than earned his keep during the regular season when we not only won but DOMINATED most of the games in which he was able to play in. you seem to have a short memory. with  out shaq, celts are competing for the 6th or 7th seed this year. we have not been able to max out the bonus out of him but he was worth it. even jo at 6.2m for 2 years has been worth it.most teams would have no beef offering him that much if he were a free agent right now. that is the going rate for non-playing scrubs like greg odom (he may actually get $8m). if the $ amounts were opposite or the same u would have a point, as in 6.2M for both shaq and jo). even if 6.2m for shaq and minimum for jo, it still would have worked. bottom line it cost us less than $8M for BOTH. yes, that was a VALUE! 

if you want to knock danny for not signing tony allen, u may have a point. but again with a long memory, in retrospect i do not. did you see how great marquis daniels played prior to getting injured? he's about the same age as tony, 2 inches taller and certainly a BETTER overall player who was making the vet minimum for one year. y wouldnt you have taken him over a tony who wanted 2 extra years at about $3m extra per year. for memphis, it was well worth it for they foresaw him becoming a possible starter. y would we do that when he was NEVER going to be a starter here under any circumstances? james posey? his body and game broke down exactly as danny assumed once he got his big deal. danny was willing to go no more than 3 years. posey found a scrub gm to give him a 4 year deal. again, i am not attacking danny for that. is it his fault that baby's game simply crashed? if baby who seemed to be our one sure thing simply played as he did earlier this year and as he had the last 2 years, celts would be at least tied with the heat and folks like you would be back under your ROCK. babay has eaten and slacked his way out of town. oh yep, danny should have give him a multi-year deal too last year right? another great move by danny, baby's long term motivation has always been a potential issue, danny didnt bite. bringing belonte west and wafer in at the vet minimum was a bad deal too? 

again, what are u smoking? you can question the 2 year 6M deal he give to nate but he was able to find a gm to take on that deal while giving us an expiring contract in krstic the almost-scrub. and YES, i like most people with brain cells, would give jeff green a multi-year deal if no more than $7m per year. he's a proven commodity at age 24 with no motivational issues. with a full year under his belt in our system, he should be fine. do the lakes have anyone like him on your BENCH? i didnt think so!

the state of our team union is just fine going forward, win or lose. ultimately its all about being competitive and being able to contend for rings. celts clearly were and will be for years to come. heat, if they win, will be the next nba champs. no great shame in that. even if all the guys return next year, celts may not be favored for the ring but they will be contenders again in the likely LAST year of the big 3. and yes, i can think of lots of teams who would gladly offer #1s for both ray and kg if not more by the mid-season deadline if we choose to go that route. injuries and situations happen. with the new cba coming, the lake freak show are in real danger and everyone knows it. have you seen gasol's contract? noone will take it on unless you take on more deadweight. i was hoping he would admit to being distracted or even injured but if he was perfectly healthy and got schooled that badly in both playoff series, y would anyone take the risk? bynum? with that tude he showed, goood luck. kobe is UNTRADEABLE! oh yep, paying luke walton 6m/year and derek the stiff 3.5m and steve freakin blake 4m is simply PRICELESS in its hilarity. name one celtic who is paid to not show up like that? shaq again was a vet minimum guy, no risk!

paul pierce will have more basketball value right now. kobe would only be moved to a team like a New jersey where the focus is not on winning rings but building buzz at this time. good luck getting deron williams to go along with that however. you guys have real issues, far more than the celts. at worse, celts can start seamlessly rebuilding with pierce, green and possibly rondo as the centerpieces as early as 2012 in the belichickian tradition of draft picks. or we could cash those chips in for an aldridge or 2. we will hold all the cards after 2011. we could also conceivably make rondo available as well. jo's 6.2m also come off the books after next year. do the math, while the fakers are drowning in yankee like old man overvalued deals, the celts will be fully liberated from them all. pierce is certainly worth his $15m and could get that right now in the open market. so you're looking at about $40M of cash and hard salary cap $ being freed up as we enter 2012. how many elite teams can say that? 

danny did not do this accidently my friend. had perk stayed, we would still be where we are right now with no chance at a jeff green. we arent losing because of a lack of scowling and growling. sometimes losing happens. miami clearly is the more talented and freakish team, nothing danny or any other gm could have done about that. hmmm, how many times did the great fakers beat them this year? oh yep thats ZERO! they beat your buttt TWICE For tje same reasons we are down 1-3 to them. patriots have lost early in the playoffs 3 years in a row, is belichick now a lousy gm or coach (he just unanimously won the coach of the year award). danny has kept us stable and competitive and WILL continue to do so for years to come, ultimately thats all he can control.

as for the buss family, try googling them and you will find tons of articles expounding on their freaky dysfunctions as a family unit. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Whatever happens... : Ainge's moves this season is in preparation for 2012. In case you didn't know the top 3 free-agents of 2012 are Dwight, CP3, and D-Will. By 2012 only Pierce, Rondo, and most probably Jeff Green are under contract. The Celtics can sign Dwight as a free-agent and can do a sign and trade for CP3 or D-Will for Rondo. Maybe Ainge didn't think the Celts could win it all this season. We will never know. But one thing is certain, if Ainge didn't trade Perk, after the season is over the Celts would lose Perk without getting anything in return. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]great post. danny did believe we could win it all. he had to. he just isnt willing to pull a laker in risking it all for that hope. lakers lost and now they are stuck in mediocrity for at least the next 2 years. their only HOPE is to try to somehow pull off a howard deal. seriously, there are better deals out their for howard.lakes cant afford a lot of talent around him if he goes there. too many bad long term deals, celts do not have any of those issues. pp is the most high risk with 3 more years left at about 45m. he clearly is still at his peak unlike a kobe. no deterioration in his game whatsover. and his shooting, defnse and efficiency keeps improving. he likely will still be this good in 3 years. he's the ONLY non-tradeable chip we have. he should retire a celtic and someday inherit his own statue as well. it goes well beyond basketball at this point.all these trolls who are upset want us to run our teams as their win at all cost GMs do it. i would rather do it the celtic-patriots way. we will ALWAYS be competitive even in the case of injuries. the team makes money, has high value, highly elite, yet has sensible contracts all around. 

d-will has agreed in principle to do an extension with the nets. he wont hit the free market. perhaps we could do something with cp3 or howard. would be tough for the magic to send him to a conference foe but its possible if we include rondo and some draft picks and perhaps a 3rd team in the deal. in danny i TRUST! avery bradley/delonte, howard, pp, and jeff green will make a very strong nucleus. again, its all about VALUE and options. the celts hold a lot of upcoming cards. we could go in many directions as WE choose. we control our fate and destiny regardless of the new cba.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

hahahahaha i find it way too hilarious that most, if not all, of the people here aint paying attention anymore to what those two trolls are saying. especially the fake celtics fan who thinks he's fooling anyone lol

that said, it aint over til one of the teams win 4 games.
    the C's dug a deep hole so they need to be more aggressive if they want to get back in the series (calling KG!)

so Go Celtics!!! pls win this one ;)

Sections
Shortcuts