What's more impressive?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

What's more impressive?

What do you guys think? does the title count for each city mean the Celtics are better? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: What's more impressive?

obviously the dominace of the Celtics is very impressive. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to What's more impressive?:
    What do you guys think? does the title count for each city mean the Celtics are better? 
    Posted by RicoLakerfan

why would any team count another town as their titles?  Sad isn't it.  Since Minne has a team I would think those titles belong to them.  When Minne won those titles you think the Los Angeles people  were jumping up and down yelling they won a title?  Rico you are one of the few classy Laker fans around.  Keep up the good posts.  Maybe your Laker brothers will follow suit and learn how to behave.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

Thanks one on one. And thanks for not rubbing it in too hard. We laker fans have a pretty massive inferiority complex and it's tough having been beat down so many times. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: What's more impressive?:
    Thanks one on one. And thanks for not rubbing it in too hard. We laker fans have a pretty massive inferiority complex and it's tough having been beat down so many times. 
    Posted by RicoLakerfan

i have a tendency to  rag the Lakers pretty hard.  I will try to be more civil with you. Keep up the classy posts.  Nice to see another teams poster come to our board and be courteous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

A lot of things can be spun, but numbers don't lie: 17-11, 9-3. Those are damning numbers to leaker fans. Sorry Rico

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Shame Rico, you seem like a nice guy, but your team has been pretty well dominated. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I wonder what the elf thinks? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I guess I have a different take on the titles......in my opinion the Laker titles all count....just like the Dodgers count the first championship from the Brooklyn days..

the difference for me comes with the fact that all 17 of the Celtics titles came in the shot clock (modern) era.....the Lakers only have 11 titles during the modern era....

for the sake of convenience, many Laker fans cite different time frames as the "modern era"....to wit

the first era of expansion

the NBA/ABA merger

the continuation of the expansion

the Bird/Magic era

the era of free agency

....all these era's have had an influence in one way or another.....but, as MLB defines the modern era as starting with the advent of the "live ball" (1920).....the modern era of the NBA began with the shot clock, which entirely changed the way the game was played....a few of the rules have changed (3 point line and allowing the zone defense).....and, of course, they no longer call traveling, palming, up & down...but the game pretty much remains the same as the one played beginning in the mid '50's....the game prior to the shot clock is almost impossible to imagine...

Sections
Shortcuts