What's the best way to go without RONDO?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

What's the best way to go without RONDO?

I say start Bradley-Green-Pierce-Sully-Garnett. We need Sully to play big minutes and that will only happen if the refs respect him.

Run the offense through Garnett like his Minney days with Terrell Brandon.

Pick up a reliable playmaking guard.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: What's the best way to go without RONDO?

If we keep PP you will wear him out at SG and green can not play that position

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Green and Pierce will have trouble with 2's. But I think zone would make it work. We would have a rebounding advantage for a change.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Can we get Will Bynum?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

Id rather pierce and KG either get traded to a contender or retire. The last thing I want to do is watch us over use our great celtics..just very sad. This rondo things just hurts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Time for Pierce and KG to go to the Clippers?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

For Jordan,  Crawford, Bledsoe and Butler? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

3-3 with Rondo out this year.

8-5 I beleive last year.

before Ainge/Doc blow this team up, we should see how they respond, IMO.

the defense yesterday much much improved....did that have anything to do with Rondo being out?

the Offense seemed to be working beytter as well.....again did it have anythung to do with Rondo being out?

I don't know myself......but I know guard is the position we had the most depth.....we can bring Melo up and add the best 3 pt shooting guard form the D league and let a week or two go by.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DPG182. Show DPG182's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

3-3 with Rondo out this year.

8-5 I beleive last year.

before Ainge/Doc blow this team up, we should see how they respond, IMO.

the defense yesterday much much improved....did that have anything to do with Rondo being out?

the Offense seemed to be working beytter as well.....again did it have anythung to do with Rondo being out?

I don't know myself......but I know guard is the position we had the most depth.....we can bring Melo up and add the best 3 pt shooting guard form the D league and let a week or two go by.

I agree that maybe we should just let this play out and see what happens before making a panic move. I think Barbosa can really be a contributor to this team given the minutes. Barbosa brings an offensive dynamic that Rondo could not bring. Yes, Rondo can distribute much better, but Barbosa can score in a manner that Rondo could not. Teams will no longer be able to sag off the ball handler with Barbosa/Lee/Terry like they could with Rondo. This will simplify the offense and possible change the whole dynamic of what we run. This could hurt us, but it could also help us. Keeping other teams honest will free up players like Pierce, KG to get easier shots and not have to worry about contstant double teams and clogged lanes from guards dropping down.

Defensively, its not like Rondo was locking it down, so i dont think we lose that much defensively if Barbosa runs the point. Obviously, he's lacking in that department but i dont think it is such a difference from Rondo that we will notice that much. You still allow Bradley to handle covering the primary ball handler on the other team and let Barbosa roam and play the lanes as Rondo did. The way I look at it is that we've handled the Knick in NY without Rondo and now have taken out the Heat without him as well. Now I'm not saying we are a championship squad as we currently stand, but i think we should take a step back from the ledge this morning and see what happens when we give this guard corp a chance

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In response to DaCeltics's comment:

Time for Pierce and KG to go to the Clippers?

KG has a no trade clause.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Danny won't do anything hastily or reflexively.  Got three weeks to see how the team's responding before the trade deadline.

Also, people here are acting like other teams are beating down our door wanting to trade their gems for our dross. Just because we may want to "blow it up," doesn't mean there are a lot of deals out there waiting to happen that make sense.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

no way you move pierce to the 2, kyle kover burned him running off screens, guards are to quick him

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We better start practicing against the full court press every practice!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3952186. Show user_3952186's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

I say start Bradley-Green-Pierce-Sully-Garnett. We need Sully to play big minutes and that will only happen if the refs respect him.

Run the offense through Garnett like his Minney days with Terrell Brandon.

Pick up a reliable playmaking guard.

Replace Pierce with Lee, Pierce comes off bench as sixth man. Second unit is Pierce, JET, Bass, Barbosa,Wilcox

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

For Jordan,  Crawford, Bledsoe and Butler? 

why in the world would the Clippers just totally change their chemistry that they have got installed in LA?  Pure silliness.   Unless you think the Clippers really just want to help out the Celtics for the future.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Green and Pierce will have trouble with 2's. But I think zone would make it work. We would have a rebounding advantage for a change.

Green can cover the 2 very well.

Only Rivers can't see this.

He never played the 2 at OKC either.

Or in College.

So...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Get a big-guy to shore up the middle & bring in J J Reddick as your shooter ....  Rajon WHO ????????

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Green can cover the 2 very well.

Only Rivers can't see this.

Why do we want a guy this size wasted on a 2 guard?  We have 4  SG's on the team now. If Green can do a adequate job on Lebron,  I have no desire to waste him on covering a SG. He can't guard a really good SG either.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

That's just Kirk being Kirk!

When the Celts were on a 6-game winning streak, no trades he says! Kirk likes the team as is.

Now that the Celts are losing, he only wants one player traded, JT.

HAHAHA

I wish we could trade JT for Lowry.