What's up with those Technicals?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

What's up with those Technicals?

The refs start calling it for nothing... How on earth could those tighter rules be good for the NBA? I think it'll frustrate many players and fans. This is just redicilous. Well I am just happy we don't have sheed anymore at this point(he'd be ejected every game).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: What's up with those Technicals?

You haven't seen it yet boy!
    It's just a prelude.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to What's up with those Technicals?:
    The refs start calling it for nothing... How on earth could those tighter rules be good for the NBA? I think it'll frustrate many players and fans. This is just redicilous. Well I am just happy we don't have sheed anymore at this point(he'd be ejected every game).
    Posted by MichBelgium

I think it's good for the game, more basketball and less drama. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

All this does is give more "influence" to the refs. 

They are not even consistent.  Did anyone notice last night's game Lasme put his hands up and approached the ref asking what did I do?  No T called; yet on other plays, just looking at the ref was a t; such a JON's T.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The refs have gone too far with the changes. Some minor changes to be more strict were in store, but not this drastic of a change. Jermaine O'neal's technical was absolutely ridicilous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I can't wait to see if they are going to call them on Kobe, when he goes in to his act!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

The new rules only give the officials more opportunities to influence the outcome of the games.  It definitely isn't good for the NBA. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

David Stern wants all of the teams in the NBA to be like those finesse sissy Lakers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Paul Pierce is in trouble with his 'what me?' looks. A case in point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAkeravenger. Show LAkeravenger's posts

Season hasn't even started and already keltic fins are whining about the refs. Get over it. Boston gets called because hacking and loudmouths are no longer allowed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

The simple solution would be to just fine them for each T.  Taking money away from them, which is what they play for, seems to me to be the most logical solution.....................hit them where it hurts, and where it means something.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

nice shot of the ref with his hand on the knicks players back

lil bias

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: What's up with those Technicals?:
    In Response to What's up with those Technicals? : I think it's good for the game, more basketball and less drama. 
    Posted by P34
    You won't think it's so great if they throw Kome out of the game,or if LeBrat gets tossed,or if Dwade is thrown out for questioning a bad call,oh wait that won't happen because those are David Dipstick Sterns buddies.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

The lakers possess the referee tainted championship so why shouldn't the farce continue into this year. Stern isn't gaining respect for the NBA he is losing respect of the fans. He is stifling one of the best things about professional sports...controversy!! He should lift the penalty for players, coaches and owners when they  talk about bad officiating. I think the rule the way it is doesn't make for better basketball it makes for incompetent refs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

I think at this point it is up to us as fans to try to say something if that is possible. The players and coaches cannot do it so that leads it up to us. How can this be called basketball when there is a whistle every minute. It doesn't make sense. It is frustrating. First we find out a ref is getting paid off for throwing games, then came last years playoffs (do not want to beat a dead horse so lets leave it at that), and now players cannot say, do, or look at the refs on any calls. What next they will not be able to run up and down the court? It would be different if the refs were 100% correct on all calls, but they aren't even at 60% right. I do not know about you guys, but I would love to try to do something about this, I just do not know what!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I think at this point it is up to us as fans to try to say something if that is possible. The players and coaches cannot do it so that leads it up to us. How can this be called basketball when there is a whistle every minute. It doesn't make sense. It is frustrating. First we find out a ref is getting paid off for throwing games, then came last years playoffs (do not want to beat a dead horse so lets leave it at that), and now players cannot say, do, or look at the refs on any calls. What next they will not be able to run up and down the court? It would be different if the refs were 100% correct on all calls, but they aren't even at 60% right. I do not know about you guys, but I would love to try to do something about this, I just do not know what!
    Posted by stiorevo

Boycott the NBA, that's the solution. If the NBA realizes that nobody is watching NBA games anymore they will surely make changes. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I am going to talk to a lawyer and see if there are grounds for a lawsuit based upon product fraud. I know if you go to a store and they are selling X product and when you go to buy it it is something different from what you paid for it's called consumer fraud and by putting a picture of a player on the marque that indicates the same sort of false advertising in my eyes. If I go to a game and in the first half 3 stars are gone from the game then I'm pretty sure that the NBA is committing fraud. I have tix for a couple of games this year in Orlando and if they toss the Celtic players because of this dumb rule then I'm asking for my money back let me rephrase that I'm demanding my money back. I'm not paying good money too watch Stephane Lasme play for 3 quarters ( no offense meant to Stephane), hopefully enough folks will write the NBA offices and voice their disappointment with the instituting of the dumb ref rule. I already have written them as well. If you want to write them go to NBA.com and scroll down to the bottom of the page to where it says contact us,click on that link and it will take you to a spot where you can write what your thoughts are. Also I was watching one of the ESPN shows where the panel talked about the new rule and Jackie McMullen was one of the panelists and she loves the rule,go figure! She has had a lot of experience with the NBA as a reporter and I'm sure several players have called her less than flattering names.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticsTillTheCasketDrops. Show CelticsTillTheCasketDrops's posts

Does any of you get whats going on yo! do you understand what tricks of the trade and sneaky itsh David Stern is up to with this? first of all David Stern is up to his old shinannagins again due to our boston Celtics being the biggest threat in the NBA this year trust me he is already puttin us through obstacles guess what you ain't seen nothing yet He is gonna put us through the worst this year due to the Gaykers his team going to the toilett bowl.just mark my word of what i am saying really why is he only attacking our celtics during this preseason does it ring a bell.well last year he set us up for failure he knows who won that titles but when you got him workin his refs and spinning his webs he made sure we didn't win the title.We must defest him i am not worried about any other team we play cause we already proved clearly that we can beat anybody and make them look yttihs due to rashweed wallace almost being arrested after game 7 when we were robbed he kicked the door down in the refs little room where they review their horrible calls pinned joey crawford against the wall threatend both of the crawfords scolded them let them know that they were crooked and were paid big money by david stern to Give them Gaykers that title.therfore these referees will be a challenge to defeat can we beat them?In 2008 we defeated them but our toughest challenge to beat will be David crooked stern we beat him in 08 we can do it again it will be a whole lot more difficult but we have to beat him we have to cause he is a very bad man whom got all this rigged.to make the long story short message to all the true die hard real celtics fans like myself please don't be surprised when you witness this crooked referee stuff going on this year it is ordered by david just like he planned the Gaykers last year to make sure they played 17 staright homegames against weak opposition right before tim donaghys book was gonna drop and expose stern and his crooked league.not only did his plan work to work for the gaykers to finish up with homecourt but with bias referees,bias analyst the opinion of our black president who said clearly on national t.v. that boston was the better team but he thought the gaykers would win because he understood the politics involved.we will win the title this year no one poses a threat to my celtics nobdy but david and his ref's.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I am going to talk to a lawyer and see if there are grounds for a lawsuit based upon product fraud. I know if you go to a store and they are selling X product and when you go to buy it it is something different from what you paid for it's called consumer fraud and by putting a picture of a player on the marque that indicates the same sort of false advertising in my eyes. If I go to a game and in the first half 3 stars are gone from the game then I'm pretty sure that the NBA is committing fraud. I have tix for a couple of games this year in Orlando and if they toss the Celtic players because of this dumb rule then I'm asking for my money back let me rephrase that I'm demanding my money back. I'm not paying good money too watch Stephane Lasme play for 3 quarters ( no offense meant to Stephane), hopefully enough folks will write the NBA offices and voice their disappointment with the instituting of the dumb ref rule. I already have written them as well. If you want to write them go to NBA.com and scroll down to the bottom of the page to where it says contact us,click on that link and it will take you to a spot where you can write what your thoughts are. Also I was watching one of the ESPN shows where the panel talked about the new rule and Jackie McMullen was one of the panelists and she loves the rule,go figure! She has had a lot of experience with the NBA as a reporter and I'm sure several players have called her less than flattering names.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

Haven't you heard, the NBA is rigged. It's just for show. The refs tossed KG out because they're afraid that KG might get injured again. It was for KG's own good. Besides, it was just a preseason game. I bet during the regular season KG will only get ejected once or twice. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I think these calls are going to hinder the game. I don't like players overly questioning decisions, but I don't have a problem with guys expressing their disappointment over calls, or the captain of a team asking for an explanation of a decision that was clearly wrong.

Over officiating at it's worse. Players should show more respect to officals. But the officals need to treat the players as adults.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I think these calls are going to hinder the game. I don't like players overly questioning decisions, but I don't have a problem with guys expressing their disappointment over calls, or the captain of a team asking for an explanation of a decision that was clearly wrong. Over officiating at it's worse. Players should show more respect to officals. But the officals need to treat the players as adults.
    Posted by RUWorthy

I wish David Stern looked at this ref situation as you do.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

He probably really believes he's doing the right thing. At least I hope that's what he believes in his heart.

Maybe a new phrase could be The meek shall inherit the NBA. Because all of the players you'd classify as being good or great are demonstrative when they're on the court. It's part of their characters.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: What's up with those Technicals? :     I wish David Stern looked at this ref situation as you do.
    Posted by mem17

In 1994 the NBA moved the 3pt line to 22 feet instead of 23 feet 9 inches. The following year the NBA moved it back to the original distance because it wasn't good for the NBA game.

The point is if it's not working out the NBA can and will adjust. Just like a few years back when they tried using balls made from synthetic leather. After just a few months the NBA went back to using the old non-synthetic leather balls because a lot of players didn't like the new ball. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I hope you're right that they'll change the rules. Although this is seems to be a behavioral rule set up for the players. Stern would run the risk of losing face if he changes the rule mid season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I hope you're right that they'll change the rules. Although this is seems to be a behavioral rule set up for the players. Stern would run the risk of losing face if he changes the rule mid season.
    Posted by RUWorthy

They don't need to announce the rule change. Calling techs on a player is subjective, it's the refs call. The 3pt line has to be moved physically, calling a tech on a player depends on the mood of the official. 

Sections
Shortcuts