What's wrong with withey?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

What's wrong with withey?

I am from kansas so biased, but I wonder why teams don't value Jeff withey more?  He's tall, reasonable size, quick feet, decent jumper.  They say because of his age he's done improving, yet he's improved a ton every year to date. Durable.  Seemed comfortable in sl.

i just wondered if you guys would want him on the team and if not, why?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Re: What's wrong with withey?

In response to cole-ely's comment:

I am from kansas so biased, but I wonder why teams don't value Jeff withey more?  He's tall, reasonable size, quick feet, decent jumper.  They say because of his age he's done improving, yet he's improved a ton every year to date. Durable.  Seemed comfortable in sl.

i just wondered if you guys would want him on the team and if not, why?

C's chose a 7-ftr in the draft with upside ceiling of maybe being Dirk Nowitski 2.0   

Withey's upside ceiling is maybe Brad Lohaus or Greg Steimsma.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

So if Olynyk is the the next Dirk than we don't have to tank because we already have our franchise guy!  Right guys? Right? Guys....?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

C's chose a 7-ftr in the draft with upside ceilingof maybe being Dirk Nowitski 2.0   

Withey's upside ceiling is maybe Brad Lohaus or Greg Steimsma.

+1

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I think he would actually be a great complement with Olynyk (hypothetically speaking of course)

Good post defense, rebounding, and footwork along with a semi-reliable 12-15 ft jumper and a 7' tall body. I'd swap Melo for him two heartbeats ago.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

In response to Archer1's comment:

I think he would actually be a great complement with Olynyk (hypothetically speaking of course)

Good post defense, rebounding, and footwork along with a semi-reliable 12-15 ft jumper and a 7' tall body. I'd swap Melo for him two heartbeats ago.

If you could have Withey instead of UnFab I'd vote for that in a NY heartbeat!.

True

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Although I agree steamer is a similar shot blocker, withy seems bigger to be. Smarter too.  I'd take steamer over fab as well. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

You would take a steamer over Fab??????

I think Fab is a giant steamer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

All 4th grade Jokes aside.  I would be so happy to see Stiemsma back in green.  I would love to see him as the starting center.  Get rid of Bass, sit Humpty, and let Olynyk, Sully, and Stiemsma progress to be a fantastic big man rotation.   Start Steamer and Sully, move Sully to the 5 when Steamer tires then bring in Olynyk. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Steamer was released, right?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from atcross. Show atcross's posts

Steamer was released, right?

He was picked up by New Orleans.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to hops29's comment:

All 4th grade Jokes aside.  I would be so happy to see Stiemsma back in green.  I would love to see him as the starting center.  Get rid of Bass, sit Humpty, and let Olynyk, Sully, and Stiemsma progress to be a fantastic big man rotation.   Start Steamer and Sully, move Sully to the 5 when Steamer tires then bring in Olynyk. 

Why settle for Stiemsma when we have Faverani?

The Celts gave Faverani 2m per for 3 years.

I hope you are joking.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Wow, I didn't read the details of that pickup because I didn't realize it was such a major contract. they must think he's good.  How much did Zaza get? Surely not much better.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Wow, I didn't read the details of that pickup because I didn't realize it was such a major contract. they must think he's good.  How much did Zaza get? Surely not much better.

If he was that good he should've been drafted at some point.  Boy this tank job is falling down the ugly tree quickly. Shav averaged like 30 pts and 14 Rebs or some rediculous crap in China.  Isthis guy really better than the guy we just cut?  

And how much did Datome get? Was it a much better deal?  Because that guy looked a lot more skilled and HUNGRY!   

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

So why waive Stiemsma if he's so good?

Haha, and some people here blackmouthed Doc for not playing Stiemsma enough.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

Why settle for Stiemsma when we have Faverani?

The Celts gave Faverani 2m per for 3 years.

I hope you are joking.

I'm not joking.

The Celts gave Faverani 6m for 3 years.

After the Wolves signed Stiemsma to a multi-year contract last season, the Wolves just waived Stiemsma this summer.

So why waive Stiemsma if he's so good?

I know the details of the deal.  I just can't believe anyone thinks Fav is a good consolation prize for anything.  The guy is the wheels of the tank.  He can't even stay in a game longer than 17 mins in the Spanish league and we are expected to believe he is a viable NBA prospect???

I would trade 3 Faverani's for 1 Stiemsma.  Ive watched Steamer play well for the Celtics with my own eyes.  All I've seen from this guy is that he shoots Fn flat footed set shots.  And according to his shooting percentages he isn't even that effective with it.  He has also been tagged as a LAZY defender.  Nobody could say that about Stiemsma.

• This post has been removed.

• Sections
    Shortcuts