What's your call for the Heat/Pacers game ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: What's your call for the Heat/Pacers game ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

The Pacers, unfortunately, probably have had twice the turnovers but have compensated for that with more rebounds. If Hibbert gets in foul trouble battling Birdman & they may just drive on him until he does, Pacers have little chance.  It may come down to foul shots as remember 2010 we shot 40% to Lakers 32% and were out rebounded but not by a lot but 41 to 18 foul shots and 21 only in the 4th qtr was too much to overcome. It wiped out a 13 pt lead in the 3rd Qtr.

I hate the Heat, almost as much as the Lakers, but I think NBA fans & the TV ratings etc. want a Heat/Spurs final & I think with Duncan in the paint and Ginobili and Parker able to drive to the basket, they can beat the Heat.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

It is a tough call. Felger and Mazz are predicting a Heat win based on the officiating crew. I have grown very cynical with the NBA over the past few years and tend to tend to think if Stern wants a Heat/Spurs final then it is already ordained. However, I am not yet 100 percent committed to that mindet.

I would love to see Larry Bird's Pacers take it all this year.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMXRi3bUw0k

Stil can't believe we lost game 7 last year. We led most of the game. Ugh!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'm going way out on a limb.  I'll be the nastraudaumas (i don't care to look it up) if this board.

i predict there will be a big moment where indiana's momentum will be broken by a moving screen  call on hibbert.  I'm sure it's in the script somewhere.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

pictures worth a thousand words!  perfect

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMXRi3bUw0k

Stil can't believe we lost game 7 last year. We led most of the game. Ugh!

BLB, i still cant believe we lost game 7 to Fakers when we led whole game UNTIL 6 mins left then the whistles came out on one side only and LA got to do anything they wanted defensively...bag job!  i think tonights game will be similar....Indiana will give them a run then theyll crumble under the pressure of calls/Non calls and momentum.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Pacers didn't deserve to win...but did the Heat have 38 FT attempts to the Pacers 20 FT attempts?...did James get into foul trouble?? Of course not. Thanks Stern

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Last night was a chance for Hibbert or George to finish their training and become Jedi's but  are not yet Jedi. Lebron is Darth Vader and Stern is the Emperor!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Pacers didn't deserve to win...but did the Heat have 38 FT attempts to the Pacers 20 FT attempts?...did James get into foul trouble?? Of course not. Thanks Stern

Not really surprised by this.  I expected that Miami would get the favorable calls and get many more free throws than Indiana, especially since they were playing in Miami. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

and suprisingly enough Stern gets the big $$$ draw of Spurs-Heat.......who would have thought that possible?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

bet it goes 7 games too

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Blaming the Refs is pathetic and tiresome.  I hear it everytime the Celtics lose or the Heat or Lakers win.

From experience, I can tell you that reffing BBall is an incredibly difficult and error prone task, even more so with the NBA speed, athleticism and strength.  In the old days, there used to be routine "make-up calls" to compensate for mistakes. But bad calls go both ways and this series is/was no exception.  

In the end, the best team wins the series.

Will the Refs try to screw the Spurs and give the Championship to the Heat as well??  or will you percieve that they behaved ONLY if the Heat lose... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Blaming the Refs is pathetic and tiresome.  I hear it everytime the Celtics lose or the Heat or Lakers win.

From experience, I can tell you that reffing BBall is an incredibly difficult and error prone task, even more so with the NBA speed, athleticism and strength.  In the old days, there used to be routine "make-up calls" to compensate for mistakes. But bad calls go both ways and this series is/was no exception.  

In the end, the best team wins the series.

Will the Refs try to screw the Spurs and give the Championship to the Heat as well??  or will you percieve that they behaved ONLY if the Heat lose... 

best team?............how is reffing BB difficult when the home team is given a 38 to 20 advantage in FT attemps?.....How is it James has fouled out once in the entire playoffs..especially the way he plays?...flopping and all..........the argument will be superstar preferential treatment.  That is why the way Stern runs this league is pathetic. Don't get me wrong .......the Heat played better than the Pacers........I am just tired of feeling like watching these games are like seeing an agenda played out to bring in the most $$$$.

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts