What's your Celtic Draft Power Rankings?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

What's your Celtic Draft Power Rankings?

Its too tought to make a realistic mock draft with how crazy the standings are right now. Create a top 10 list of who you'd draft in order.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: What's your Celtic Draft Power Rankings?

1. Parker - Perfect fit

2. Wiggins - Perfect fit

3. Embiid - Perfect fit

4. Randle - Too talented to pass. I'd try moving Green to SG and playing him as a SF. Sully is the PF.

5. Smart - Too talented to pass at this point. If he's still available, that means Orlando hasn't picked. I'd trade him to them for their pick plus an Afflalo for Wallace type swap. Take advantage of their greed because Smart & Oladipo backcourt with Vuc would be too good to pass up.

6. Seldon - Future starting SG

7. Gordon - Too talented to pass at this point. 

8. Exum - Not high on unproven overseas players, but Exum is high potential. Could be a good SG next to Rondo. Hope he develops quickly.

9. Young - Play with Green as a SF / SG combo

10. Glenn Robinson III - Play with Green as a SF/ SG combo

For our second pick, if none above are available:

1. Saric

2. Harris

4. Willie C-W

5. Harrison

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

My focus would be on the best NBA "ready now" combo G and SF, with a preference on G since this draft is loaded with quality SF.    

1.  Parker  (SF)

2.  Smart  (G)

3.  Wiggins (SF)

4.  Exum  (G)

5.  Gordon  (SF)

6.  Hood (Sf)

7.  Randle (PF)

8.  Young (SF)

9.  Embiid (C)

10.  TIE -  Harris,  Saric, Perry, Voneih, Grant, Harrison (PG)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

1. Smart (We have some good young forwards already)

2. Parker (This means Sully or Oly will need to go.)

3. Randle ( Again, this means Sully or Oly will need to go.)

4. Exum (Haven't seen him play, but if he's as good as everyone says, then this allows us to spin Rondo for more assets.)

5. Wiggins SF

6. Gordon SF

7. Rodney Hood SF

8. Joel Embiid C

9. Noah Vonleh PF

10. Dario Saric PF 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Interesting opinions so far. Is tough to say this early on, and without seeing the draft order, but I'll give it a go.

#1 overall - Jabrari Parker

#2 - Marcus Smart

#3 - Julius Randle

#4 - Andrew Wiggins

#5 - Joel Embiid

#6 - Aaron Gordon (possible switch w/ Seldon)

#7 - Wayne Seldon

#8 - Dante Exum

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

All three of you picked Smart #1 or #2. What is your plan with this kid?

• Do we try to play him at the 2 with Rondo?
    • Do we trade Rondo right away (for what?)?
    • Do we develop Smart as a backup PG for a year under Rondo and then trade Rondo at the deadline in '15?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All three of you picked Smart #1 or #2. What is your plan with this kid?

• Do we try to play him at the 2 with Rondo?
    • Do we trade Rondo right away (for what?)?
    • Do we develop Smart as a backup PG for a year under Rondo and then trade Rondo at the deadline in '15?

[/QUOTE]

I based my picks on how I think the '14 draft will go down. It's not in the order of my own want list.

Presently, I want Jabrari 1st, then Embiid or Smart, followed by Wiggins. I'll be smiling big if we get any of those guys. Don't really have a plan for Smart. Kid is just a STUD, with a capital "S". I would imagine he'ld be our starting SG next to Rondo. He'ld be picked if following the "best player available" mold. Not because of a "need" basis. As far as making in-house changes to accommodate for Smart.... It would all depend on how this kids game translates to the pro level.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The reason I draft Smart 1 or 2 is his extraordinary leadership skills coupled with the flexibility to do any of the three options you mention, but primarly to play him both at the 2 spot and PG to use situationally (when we need more outside presence and foul shooters on the floor).  

Also the flexibility to respond to injuries at PG or SG, and insurance for a trade deal we cannot refuse for Rondo. Ultimately, it doesn't leave us holding the bag if (when) Rondo bolts in FA for a maximum deal.  

Also after watching Randle today against Providence, I agree that his length and game is not as well suited for PF in the NBA as college and he drops two slots from my original pick at 7, to 9, behind Embiid (as long as Embiid continues to improve) and Cauley-Stein, who reminds me of Brook Lopez, except he can play D (and who I forgot on my original list.)

If I'm Danny, with Sully and Oly, I don't want nor need Randle.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The reason I draft Smart 1 or 2 is his extraordinary leadership skills coupled with the flexibility to do any of the three options you mention, but primarly to play him both at the 2 spot and PG to use situationally (when we need more outside presence and foul shooters on the floor).  

Also the flexibility to respond to injuries at PG or SG, and insurance for a trade deal we cannot refuse for Rondo. Ultimately, it doesn't leave us holding the bag if (when) Rondo bolts in FA for a maximum deal.  

Also after watching Randle today against Providence, I agree that his length and game is not as well suited for PF in the NBA as college and he drops two slots from my original pick at 7, to 9, behind Embiid (as long as Embiid continues to improve) and Cauley-Stein, who reminds me of Brook Lopez, except he can play D (and who I forgot on my original list.)

[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree with this. The same goes for Gordon. Both look really solid, but ultimately don't fit on our team. The only reason I'd select Randle is if there are plans to play him as a strong SF with shooters at the 4 and the 5.

This is why I don't necessarily like Smart. He's not what we need. I'm all for getting a franchise SG, I just don't see one in this draft and we have other needs. Smart isn't a good enough shooter. Something just doesn't feel right about Exum, I think he'll need too many years and too much patenience to develop.

Our need at Center and SF (Jeff has already proven he can play some 2) are better served in this draft. I think we can get an impact SG (not star) with our second pick. Hopefully Seldon is available, but there are a few good potential 3&D guys at that spot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I asked this earlier this season and still cant find a good answer. Whats all the excitement over Wiggins all about? Other than his HS hype, I havent seen much from the kid to date to convince me hes a no brainer top 10 pick, let alone sure fire #1.

If he didnt come to college with all the hype and anticipation and was an unknown, who would be saying this kid is a big piece of the next draft?

I dont see his athleticism as overwhelming, his shot doesnt seem smooth and confident and I dont think hes shooting so well anyway.  Ive seen a couple games and more highlights but skill level isnt impressing me and Id rate Parker well above him at this point, no contest. 

But ESPN has his highlights every game.... mostly breakaway dunks, which isnt saying much. Maybe theres a lot more to come but Im not convinced Id use a top 10 pick

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

1.) Jabari Parker - I think if you combine him with Rondo, Sully, KO you have four guys on the floor with ++BBIQ at their respective positions. You'd have an unselfish team for sure. The only knock on Jabari is his defense. Upside is tremendous.

2.) Marcus Smart - Hybrid guard that could effectively play both positions in the NBA. If he could work on his 3 point shooting a bit (he's improved so far), he'll be a nightmare. Can guard 1's and 2's. You could have a 3-guard look of Rondo-Smart-Bradley and have a lot of fun rotations.

3.) Andrew Wiggins - Don't care what people seem to think about him. Reports are he's been sick lately. Everything is there (defense, shooting touch, creatability, athleticism, etc) but he needs that killer instinct. Paul George figured it out. I'm sure Wiggins can too.

4.) Joel Embiid - My word is this boy impressive. Legit 7-footer and knows how to use it. Still growing into his frame. Has decent post moves for a collegian, but will definitely need to get comfortable with his left hand. Saw him eurostep in the game against Iona and I still haven't picked my jaw up off the floor.

5.) Julius Randle - Celtics don't really have a need for him, but if he were available he'd be hard to pass up (as most of you have said). Had his first non-double-double game the other night. Can't argue with the results. Don't think he can be a 3 though.

6.) Rodney Hood - He gets lost in the shuffle sometimes because everyone focuses on Jabari, but he's already an elite shooter. Love that he's a lefty. Could use some work on dribbling (lets it bounce too high sometimes).

7.) Wayne Selden - I love this kid. Ridiculous court vision for a 2-guard. Good size too. Extremely athletic, could probably defend mutiple positions. Plus hes from Boston, so I think it would be cool to have a hometown product.

8.) Aaron Gordon - Too much talent to pass up, but I'm not the biggest fan. He's a 3-4 tweener and doesn't have a killer outside shot (I need to see more than just 5-9 in 7 games). He's recovering from a broken foot so I'm not sure he's 100% yet. Might be the most athletic on the board.

9.) James Young - Another lefty scorer that has a killer instinct, maybe to a fault. Can really shoot, but needs to improve from outside. I think he grades out better as a 2-guard. Ironically he's the youngest of the bunch and won't be 20 until August 2015.

10.) Noah Vonleh - I'll see him for the first time Tuesday when they play Cuse (Jerami Grant also on display). 6'10" with a 7'3" wingspan. Another double-double machine. Since he's a lean 6'10" I'm going to be looking for a consitent outside jumper. Another Massachusetts product.

Sections
Shortcuts