When a team consistently loses to inferior talent, who's to blame???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

When a team consistently loses to inferior talent, who's to blame???

We continue to lose to inferior talent.  I'm sure even the Dudder would agree that the "Big" 3 are probably better than the players that have been dominating them lately.  As a whole I would say our team is better than team's to whom we've lost.

So, who's to blame???  Perk and Krstic aside, Green is better than Nate.  Murphy is better than Semih and Pavlovic is better than a Marquis that will not play again this year.

So what's the problem???  We had the 2nd best record in the NBA before Perk even played a game.  OUr winning percentage is better without Perk!!!

S o what gives???

PA

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Re: When a team consistently loses to inferior talent, who's to blame???

Players being bored and not caring.

Its all about effort right now. Tonight was a game they obviously cared about but at one point they gave up and its tough to see that.

They look like they just dont care and a lot of this right now is just mental. Hopefully they turn it around. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Post trade, and discounting chemistry lost, 2 things come to mind.
    1.  No interior defense (ie no Perk, Shaq, or JO)
    2. Newbies (Green, the Euro center, and the other pickups not acclimated to the system).
    If, if, and if.
    If team chemistry is not gone for the year, if Shaq and JO comeback, and if there's enough time to have the new players blend into the system, look out.
    Otherwise, Danny shot the horse before it came up lame

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Please stop the "not caring" stuff.  no one likes to lose.  Are you really serious that you think players don't care?   Get real, man!!   They are playing terrible, missing shots, not executing.  its bad play and they are missing any defense in the center.   But look at their faces.....you really think they don't care?   You really think these guys (or ANY guys on a good team) don't care?   

Its a lot of factors - weary legs, weary minds, poor guard defense, poor interior defense, inability to hit shots - but not caring?   Wow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: When a team consistently loses to inferior talent, who's to blame???:
    Players being bored and not caring. Its all about effort right now. Tonight was a game they obviously cared about but at one point they gave up and its tough to see that. They look like they just dont care and a lot of this right now is just mental. Hopefully they turn it around. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn

Boredom?? Not caring??

It doesn't get any worse than that. I'd take injury or lack of talent any day over that. That's like cancer. It metastasizes.

I wonder if they're too bored/uncaring to pick up their paychecks? I bet not.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LiJere. Show LiJere's posts

• I blame DOC for this team's latest slide.  Hell, he's the coach and he really is clueless.  Just look at him on the sideline during timeouts.

It's time to clean house (starting from the top) as it is very painful to watch this group try and play.  Every game has become a struggle.  For all the veterans on this club, you think there'd be more motivation and drive.  You can talk about the rookies, but at least they would be motivated to get HCA and grab all the wins they can.  Just another NE sports team on the decline that the fans are subject to. 

Can't wait to see what happens when we start to play the better teams.  It sure as hell can't get any worse (maybe we lose by 40).  Look at our last 10 games, and see who beat us.  We were very fortunate to squeak by the T-Wolves last night (imagine.......)

Hell, if you can't get up for these important games, you might as well just throw in the towel.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: When a team consistently loses to inferior talent, who's to blame???:
    Please stop the "not caring" stuff.  no one likes to lose.  Are you really serious that you think players don't care?   Get real, man!!   They are playing terrible, missing shots, not executing.  its bad play and they are missing any defense in the center.   But look at their faces.....you really think they don't care?   You really think these guys (or ANY guys on a good team) don't care?    Its a lot of factors - weary legs, weary minds, poor guard defense, poor interior defense, inability to hit shots - but not caring?   Wow.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

AGREE 100%

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsboy. Show celticsboy's posts

who's to blame???????

-Um Doc Rivers.

You guys are blaming everybody but him. Just look at some of the stuff he is doing that is somewhat causing a conflict in the function of the team. Havent you seen a pattern in the losses. The team seem to always have a lead, they would have a group on the floor that gives them and tries their hardest to maintain that lead. But for the life of me, EVERY SINGLE FREAKIN TIME, the bonehead of a coach that is Doc Rivers, finds it somewhat comforting to reverse course and start subbing these players out, one by one, until he puts in a group that slowly but surely let the lead evaporates. And through all the confusion of reinserting some of the players back and doing a mix and match, there's chaos, confusion, conflict, players just look completely lost and dumbfounded. "Am I supposed to be leading, shooting, running with a fast break, wait for a pass or go with the flow???....". That's what we're seeing out there while the other team is running it down their throats, scoring on offense and making stops on defense.

For example, for the past few games, Rondo was laying eggs all over the place, he puts in Delonte West and West was playing exceptionally well and seemed to be holding down the ship CONSIDERABLY WELL but Rivers kept on with Rondo. In one of the games, West' presence on the court actually helped build a lead whereas when Rondo subbed in, the lead and practically the game was loss. He just sticks with the Scripts sometimes with his substitution by inserting players that doesn't need to come in and disrupt an offensive flow when a group of players are playing so well or doing what they were asked to do. Why can't he just ride the ship on those that are playing well to win the game, EVEN, if it meant sitting out the starters or not playing certain pelayers the remainder of the game.

But, NO, the pfhucking idiot doens't do that and we see him like a loose cannon desperately calling time outs trying to make sense out of his own pfhuck ups. Its just pathetic. I hope he is gone at the end of the season already. I dunno about you guys but i'm ready for a change. If this team is not ready to win a Title, then Pfhuck it, let's start over. Stop dwelling on the 08 Title

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Please stop the "not caring" stuff.  no one likes to lose.  Are you really serious that you think players don't care?   Get real, man!!   They are playing terrible, missing shots, not executing.  its bad play and they are missing any defense in the center.   But look at their faces.....you really think they don't care?   You really think these guys (or ANY guys on a good team) don't care?    Its a lot of factors - weary legs, weary minds, poor guard defense, poor interior defense, inability to hit shots - but not caring?   Wow.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I agree with you completely.  I watched today's game and I could feel their pain just by looking at them.  Yes, last weekend - in anger and frustration - I myself made the remark that they didn't care, but I am now officially taking it back.  I think they are burned out, discouraged and stunned more than anything else.  Nothing is falling into place for them these days, seemingly no matter what they do.  Nothing is gelling.  An inordinate amount of injuries all season - which ultimately forced all those trades - is the culprit in my opinion.  It's at the point now where Chris Forsberg wrote a post-game article, "Accentuating The Positive" after tonight's game.  Sounds like something that would have been written in 06-07.  The level of frustration in that lockerroom has got to be off the charts.  But just as the momentum turned so quickly against them, it doesn't necessarily take much to turn it around.  Get one of both of the O'Neals back and correct even one or two of the problems Celtsfan mentioned, and trust me, things will start falling back into place.  We can only hope it happens soon.

Edit:  Here's the link to that article.  It's a good one and it does give some encouragement.  I just wish it wasn't necessary...

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4682268/rapid-reaction-accentuating-the-positive

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I blame DOC for this team's latest slide.  Hell, he's the coach and he really is clueless.  Just look at him on the sideline during timeouts. It's time to clean house (starting from the top) as it is very painful to watch this group try and play.  Every game has become a struggle.  For all the veterans on this club, you think there'd be more motivation and drive.  You can talk about the rookies, but at least they would be motivated to get HCA and grab all the wins they can.  Just another NE sports team on the decline that the fans are subject to.   Can't wait to see what happens when we start to play the better teams.  It sure as hell can't get any worse ( maybe we lose by 40 ).  Look at our last 10 games, and see who beat us.  We were very fortunate to squeak by the T-Wolves last night ( imagine....... ) Hell, if you can't get up for these important games, you might as well just throw in the towel.
    Posted by LiJere

Is this really Dwayne Wade?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Well, Doc has to take most of the blame cause hes the coach. If our coach was John Wooden, then he'd get the blame .

I do agree with Celticsboy that Doc has a habit of subbing players that are doing well atr the wrong time.  I posted about this all last season too.. like if Quis came in the game, was posting up and scoring over & over... the C's started rallying behind it.. then Time Out and Doc takes him out.  That does happen too often and I also dont understand why he doesnt allow the group/player sparking the team to remain in the game at least until he cools off.

Doc gets the blame for the slump.. he also gets the credit for our successes the past few years too, including #17.

Remember so many saying anybody could have coached the C's to title #17.. if you were one of them, kinda hard to complain now

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts