WHEN ATL BEATS MAGIC, IT WILL HELP THE CELTS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

WHEN ATL BEATS MAGIC, IT WILL HELP THE CELTS!

i was going to include this one in my upset predictions along with memphis beating spurs and portland beating mavs. based strictly on what i saw yesterday, i really do not see how magic can stop the tide. they are a flawed tem. far worse than the pre-trade team. there is no one to create off the dribble consistently. nelson comes close but he really is a shooter. atl's coach drew should get some kind of cookie for coming up with the "let howard score 50 but shut down the rest strategy". long as they can shoot over 50% and stop the magic from transitioning into three point shots, they should win. long as they can prevent open threes, they should prevail! magic is the only team where we really need shaq in the east. we magic very well with the hawks that give us issues in 2007 for they really havent changed much. very height-challenged. jeff green should be the difference in that series. same with a bb. 

i am still not sold on chicago. it wouldnt shock me if atl beats up on chicago. heinrich is a bad matchup for rose. crawford will make him work on defense. celts should easily beat the knicks and sneak by the heat. if we can avoid both the bulls and magic, that's EUREKA! if shaq is ready by the finals, thats a major plus for us versus an atl!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: WHEN ATL BEATS MAGIC, IT WILL HELP THE CELTS!

Atlanta may indeed win this series.  Orlando couldn't win their first game even with the effort of Howard scoring over 40 points.  Not sure how this series will turn out, but I wouldn't be surprised if Atlanta wins. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

atlanta is now up 3-1, i see them closing TONIGHT! atl should beat chicago as well, meaning shaq can hang out a bit after hopefully showing up for game 1 versus the heat! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

I disagree.  For some reason ATL is not a good matchup for ORL, but DHoward would stop Rose from penetrating and also neutralize Noah on the boards.  ORL has a far better chance of beating CHI than ATL does. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I agree that the magic would make it harder for the bulls than atlanta.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: WHEN ATL BEATS MAGIC, IT WILL HELP THE CELTS!:
    It's true that it will help the Celts if Atlanta advances. But I think the Magic will force a Game 7 and end up beating the Hawks in Game 7.
    Posted by Fiercest34

You may be right.  A very unusual series so far.  It looked like Orlando wasn't going to win another game and then last night they played their best game yet.  I wouldn't even try to predict who will win this series.   I do believe that Atlanta will win the next game, but wouldn't be surprised if they lost.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Orlando is going to win that series. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

winning in atlanta is not easy. we know this from 08 playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

This is not your daddy's 08 hawks team.  This team is spineless.  Orlando advances.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

ATL has ZERO chance against CHI
    ORL has SLIM chance against CHI

Therefore, I am rooting for ORL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I disagree.  For some reason ATL is not a good matchup for ORL, but DHoward would stop Rose from penetrating and also neutralize Noah on the boards.  ORL has a far better chance of beating CHI than ATL does. 
    Posted by rpn313

I agree with you about Howard.   I am just not convinced that Orlando will win this series.   Although, they certainly were the dominate team last night.   The game wasn't even close.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbair. Show kbair's posts

atl v. chi is very difficult to predict. on the one hand the bulls have handled them pretty well this year beating them two out of three time by 18 and 33. the loss coming by 3.
    on the other hand atlanta is playing much better in these playoffs against a decent defense in orlando and thibodeau has had some trouble against athletic teams-- but that could be atributed to his time with the aged celtics.
    on paper, i actually like the hawks to win or make a competitive series. in actuality  think the bulls will destroy them. especially if atlanta has not grown up as a team, ie. reacting to all of the crap that noah is going to put them through, dealing with a blowout loss or a game one loss.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from caesarthecat. Show caesarthecat's posts

hope orlando gets out, they'd be the toughest opponent for us (superman)
    chicago or atlanta will be swept, just after the heat
    trust me !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Orlando is going to win that series. 
    Posted by concord27

when will you learn to stop defying the COMMIE? lol. well, everything is falling in line for the celts! atl will take out chicago and become likely sweeping fodder for the celts on our way to #18!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Not really surprised that Atlanta won this series.   It should be interesting to see how their next series goes against Chicago.   It may be a very competitive series. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Commie,
    Don't take too much offense but a clock is right twice a day.  You are no different.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I dont see how ATL winning help the Celtics.  Orlando wasnt a team to be afraid of....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

This is just another point for Danny.  People cant say we needed Perk to defend Howard.  They didnt even get out the 1st round....so Perk has not been needed so far....so good

Now just need someone to take out L.A. and Danny looks like a genius again..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think atlanta "backed into" this win.  Not because they are good but because orlando basically fell apart.  Turkey-glue is absolutely worthless these days and was ready for vacation before the season started.  Jason richardson, once a player who scared me to death, now looks like "barren" davis in many ways.  Nelson looks brittle out there, and is too slow to guard most starting points, although he's still pretty good offensively.

Honestly, I think JJ is their second best player.  And howard can be defended one on one by any center with enough size.  Heck, he couldn't even score on petulia oil regularly.  Orlando peaked a couple of years ago and it's time for them to blow up the team, starting with the coach.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: WHEN ATL BEATS MAGIC, IT WILL HELP THE CELTS! : Another prediction gone WRONG!!! What's new?????
    Posted by RicoCeltic

It's not that his prediction is wrong....the whole premise of this thread is wrong!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The problem I have with your thinking is that the Celts don't match up well with Atlanta. I might rather play the Bulls than them. But: either one of them is going to give us problems in the next round - assuming we advance. I didn't have a sigh of relief when the flawed Magic team went out, we've proven we can handle them. At any rate, let's deal with the Heat first. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to WHEN ATL BEATS MAGIC, IT WILL HELP THE CELTS!:
    i was going to include this one in my upset predictions along with memphis beating spurs and portland beating mavs. based strictly on what i saw yesterday, i really do not see how magic can stop the tide. they are a flawed tem. far worse than the pre-trade team. there is no one to create off the dribble consistently. nelson comes close but he really is a shooter. atl's coach drew should get some kind of cookie for coming up with the "let howard score 50 but shut down the rest strategy". long as they can shoot over 50% and stop the magic from transitioning into three point shots, they should win. long as they can prevent open threes, they should prevail! magic is the only team where we really need shaq in the east. we magic very well with the hawks that give us issues in 2007 for they really havent changed much. very height-challenged. jeff green should be the difference in that series. same with a bb.  i am still not sold on chicago. it wouldnt shock me if atl beats up on chicago. heinrich is a bad matchup for rose. crawford will make him work on defense. celts should easily beat the knicks and sneak by the heat. if we can avoid both the bulls and magic, that's EUREKA! if shaq is ready by the finals, thats a major plus for us versus an atl!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

CC what's up? They do need to get by the Heat first. C'mon man!!!

Sections
Shortcuts