When KG Sits, Cs Struggle

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Re: When KG Sits, Cs Struggle

I agree that Wilcox needs to get into the rotation and help out more when Garnett is not on the floor, but I am not sure that  he can come close to filling Garnett's shoes as far as making up the ground that is lost EVERY time KG sits down for a rest.

Not to take away from what Garnett does on defense, but I kind of think that someone else could do almost as well as a defensive QB if they would take on the responsibility.  It would seem that if you wanted to learn this skill you could just sit there and watch Garnett do it over and over and over.  

It is not that Garnett is any longer a complete shut down individual defender like he was even five years ago.  Most of his defensive contributions come from his team defense communications.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

KG will sit a lot this season.  Wilcox is a very iffy player to bank a lot on.

We need another big man.  Trading some of that long bench may be necessary to get one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

But Celtics have enough big men on the roster to back up KG.  I do not know what is wrong with Collins, Darko, Wilcox and Melo.  Melo is probably a rookie and have not show that he is capable of playing at the NBA level.  For Wilcox, he is on the decline.  I do not know why the world Ainge brought him back.  Darko is probably just learning on how to play defense under Doc River's system.   And Collins?  Guess he may be hurting!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But Celtics have enough big men on the roster to back up KG.  I do not know what is wrong with Collins, Darko, Wilcox and Melo.  Melo is probably a rookie and have not show that he is capable of playing at the NBA level.  For Wilcox, he is on the decline.  I do not know why the world Ainge brought him back.  Darko is probably just learning on how to play defense under Doc River's system.   And Collins?  Guess he may be hurting!!

[/QUOTE]

Darko is hurting he has a chronic and serious wrist problem.  Collins could be fine or not fine he provides next to nothing for this team in terms of real minutes.  With Collins in there instead of KG you will see almost any team go to town on the Celtics. Melo is not NBA ready at this time.  We have a big man problem.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Darko is hurting he has a chronic and serious wrist problem.  Collins could be fine or not fine he provides next to nothing for this team in terms of real minutes.  With Collins in there instead of KG you will see almost any team go to town on the Celtics. Melo is not NBA ready at this time.  We have a big man problem.

[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you, but if the Celtics are going to trade for someone else, what would it take and who should Ainge be targeting?  Didn't  I read and respond to another thread about trading for Al Jefferson.  He may be a good solution.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

We need another big man.  Trading some of that long bench may be necessary to get one.

[/QUOTE]

It sure is looking that way. We can't really make any major trades until Dec or Jan when Bass/Lee can be included in them... but if Darko hasn't seriously stepped up by then we will need a very good rotation big for sure

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It sure is looking that way. We can't really make any major trades until Dec or Jan when Bass/Lee can be included in them... but if Darko hasn't seriously stepped up by then we will need a very good rotation big for sure

[/QUOTE]

And I really hope that is the case.  I have heard Darko's wrist is not going to get better this year without surgery.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

It is early.  Give Wilcox some time to get in a groove.  If need be the Celtics will make a move after January 1st when they have the chips.  Al  Jefferson would be huge but I have heard nothing that would lead us to believe that is possible.  This team just nedds to log some minutes together and thay will be fine.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to susan250's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you, but if the Celtics are going to trade for someone else, what would it take and who should Ainge be targeting?  Didn't  I read and respond to another thread about trading for Al Jefferson.  He may be a good solution.  

[/QUOTE]

Susan, Jefferson is not a defensive player...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Susan, Jefferson is not a defensive player...

[/QUOTE]
    if this is true, then he isn't the solution. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Jefferson can defend the big that KG is not defending pretty much just as well as Bass or Sully...

but the positive is that Al is a 6'10" body that can score better than either guy, play C while Kg is on then bench and Green or whoever we don't trade for him out of Wilcox, Sully and Bass are at PF.

Bass and Sully are 6'8" PF's who cannot play C, while Bass has a little more offense (say 10-12 points in 26-28 mins) he will get you only 5-6 boards. Sully looks like when he hits his stride he will get 7-9 boards in those same # of mins... but maybe only 6-8 points.

Al will get you an 18-9 in 30-35 mins, he can score EASILY on your Amare, David West, Boozer, Humphries types who we are competing with in the East and when it comes to Miami he  can equal the stats Bosh usually puts up on us, which used to be KG's job... and so KG has less of a load to carry.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I would much rather trade for Varejao, with Bass, Melo and 2 picks or Lee, Sully and 1 pick...

but if Cleveland never bites on that and we have Avery and Sully chomping at the bit for mins, trading Lee, Bass, Melo and 1 or 2 picks for Big Al would be a solid move.

You'd just worry that it would be hard to change styles and incorporate his back to the basket game in mid-season after we spend these next two months establishing a style and identity with Lee and Bass as big minute guys in a more uptempo offense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

I would much rather trade for Varejao, with Bass, Melo and 2 picks or Lee, Sully and 1 pick...

but if Cleveland never bites on that and we have Avery and Sully chomping at the bit for mins, trading Lee, Bass, Melo and 1 or 2 picks for Big Al would be a solid move.

You'd just worry that it would be hard to change styles and incorporate his back to the basket game in mid-season after we spend these next two months establishing a style and identity with Lee and Bass as big minute guys in a more uptempo offense.

[/QUOTE]
    You convinced me that Al Jefferson may be a good addition to the Celtics.  Although, making a late season trade definitely takes some times to develop team chemistry. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Al Jefferson is not a defensive player but most probably he's the only big out there that's available and worth trading for.

[/QUOTE]

What about Gasol?  Green and Bass to the Lakers for Pau Gasol.  Could that work? KG and Pau don't like each other but they could play well together.  I am not sure I want to do this but Pau could be expendable and they need speed on that team at the forward position.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Jefferson is a scoring  and rebounding machine, but his defensive lapses concern me. Varejo is the guy that would fit in nicely. Would love Gasol, but cant see Danny helping the Lakers in any fashion..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Varajeo has been my first choice since last Feb.  Gasol would help and he may get lost  in LA now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    You convinced me that Al Jefferson may be a good addition to the Celtics.  Although, making a late season trade definitely takes some times to develop team chemistry. 

[/QUOTE]

You'd want it ton be a mid-Jan trade, not a late Feb one...

It just depends a lot on the direction of the team... if we are clicking and in the race for the 1-3 seed with Lee and Bass really adapting to bench roles and making our depth the thing that keeps us rolling for all 48 mins with no foor off the gas then you'd think long and hard about nor doing it.

If we are middling around a 4-6 seed with like a 20-15 record and in need of one more frontline player to boost us back into contender range then its probably a great gamble. Al is not going to be a 15m per year guy on next years FA market... but he will be out of our MLE price range for sure...

So it sets us up for a Jefferson-Sully-Green-Avery-Rondo core after KG/PP are gone... which you can go to war with against anyone in the East considering that is younger than any core currently assembled except for Rose (3 yrs younger than Rondo) Deng (1 yr older than Green) and Noah (same age as Al). But the Bulls don't have Avery/Sully type young talent.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

OK, I will commit blasphemy.  Big Baby.  Anyone?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts