When KG Sits, Cs Struggle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: When KG Sits, Cs Struggle

In response to rameakap's comment:

Can't compliment the h#ll out of Varejao and then compare him to the likes of Kenny Anderson and Tony Delk/Rodney Rogers... those trades were made when the C's didn't have a small window to win a title with two old HOfer's and a deep talented team lacking one frontcourt stud.

So only and idiot GM would trade Varejao for Bass, Melo and two 1st rd picks

But then it would be idiotic for C's to trade Sully, a 1st and Lee for Varejao??

Bass and Green for Varajeo and Gee

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

No way Sully is traded..The guy personifies Celtic Ball...

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Any trade to upgrade this team, IMO, will have to include Bradley.  I do not want to trade Sully, although Melo I'd be okay with.  Sully to CLE is very intriguing, but I don't want to do it.

How about Green, Bradley and Lee for Millsap and Marvin Williams?

Green and Lee could start for Utah..........we start Millsap ( a good rebounder) and have Williams sub for Pierce...................maybe move Bass in a separate deal?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I have looked at it from the Cavs point of view... they are not winning a title in the next 3 years with Varejao, but Sully is only 20 and went to OSU... it would be a hard call.

The chances Ainge keeps Sully are greater than those that he trades him... but that is hardly the point. The point is that I am having fun as a fan making realistic trade ideas and creating basketball discussion, I am not going to set myself to make a wrong prediction so Fierce the child can slam me over and over about it 4 months from now.

You are simply trying to degrade and bully others... way to go... you have made yourself look quite the fool in your conversations with me these past 2 days fierce... and you try to end everything with a personal attack and a taken out of context example of some comment I made on player movement from months ago... it is really very petty and very sad

I would trade Sully for Varajeo and what it takes within reason in a second. The upside of Sully is not as great as a healthy Varajeo here for the next two to three years.  As I have said Varajeo would be one of the most popular players by the fans in many years.  He goes for fifteen rebounds on a good night. He would make the garbage of errant shots into longer possesssions and points.  Not understanding the greatest need of the Celtics and thinking Sullinger can fulfill it is to not understand Sullinger.  He has limitatations.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Any trade to upgrade this team, IMO, will have to include Bradley.  I do not want to trade Sully, although Melo I'd be okay with.  Sully to CLE is very intriguing, but I don't want to do it.

How about Green, Bradley and Lee for Millsap and Marvin Williams?

Green and Lee could start for Utah..........we start Millsap ( a good rebounder) and have Williams sub for Pierce...................maybe move Bass in a separate deal?

Its a pretty big shake-up and I think throwing in Bradley is too much to give in my opinion.

Millsap is a FA and if he leaves that lets them extend Jefferson and go with the frontcourt of Jefferson, Kanter and Favors so I can see them parting with him.

Green is the same age and remarkably similar talent as Williams so it is a lateral move there for both teams, although Green still has slightly more upside as he's spent less years in the league, has been given less of a shotto show his stuff at SF and has the body to be a better defender.

The Jazz have a hard time keeping players in Utah b/c of the cold and the country club moron atmosphere. Green and Lee's contracts could appeal to them b/c those guys are not only still just entering their prime, but they are signed at reasonable money for 3 more years after this. Williams is just 1 more year and Millsap, as said, a FA.

Well, I like the trade for a couple of reasons.   First, our expectations for Jeff Green appear to be through the roof.  (some of us, anyway)  We would NOT have the same expectations for Marvin Williams.  He would be PP's backup, period!  Similarly with Millsap, he is a very good rebounder, who would help KG, and who would know his role.  As you say, it's a lot of lateral stuff, but adding Bradley to the mix would solidify the bench of Barbosa, Terry, Williams, Millsap and Wilcox.  Or Sully off the bench and start Milsap is goo, too!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I have looked at it from the Cavs point of view... they are not winning a title in the next 3 years with Varejao, but Sully is only 20 and went to OSU... it would be a hard call.

The chances Ainge keeps Sully are greater than those that he trades him... but that is hardly the point. The point is that I am having fun as a fan making realistic trade ideas and creating basketball discussion, I am not going to set myself to make a wrong prediction so Fierce the child can slam me over and over about it 4 months from now.

You are simply trying to degrade and bully others... way to go... you have made yourself look quite the fool in your conversations with me these past 2 days fierce... and you try to end everything with a personal attack and a taken out of context example of some comment I made on player movement from months ago... it is really very petty and very sad

I would trade Sully for Varajeo and what it takes within reason in a second. The upside of Sully is not as great as a healthy Varajeo here for the next two to three years.  As I have said Varajeo would be one of the most popular players by the fans in many years.  He goes for fifteen rebounds on a good night. He would make the garbage of errant shots into longer possesssions and points.  Not understanding the greatest need of the Celtics and thinking Sullinger can fulfill it is to not understand Sullinger.  He has limitatations.

Right there with you Concord...

It is the definition of moving a useful 20 year old complementary player who shouldn't play more than 20-24 mins on a contender, will give us 6 points and 6 boards and is 3 years away from his ceiling as an 18/9 'Millsap/Boozer/David West' PF for a glue guy husting veteran who is 2" taller, won't disrupt the offense and will come here and solve our biggest proble, re-energizr the club and give us 8 points and 11 boards for 2-3 years until PP/KG retire.

Amen. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts