When KG Sits, Cs Struggle

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: When KG Sits, Cs Struggle

and we really have to start thinking about a PP replacement as well...When Pierce is on the bench, that really hurts our offense. We don't have anyone close to his ability to score.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Can't compliment the h#ll out of Varejao and then compare him to the likes of Kenny Anderson and Tony Delk/Rodney Rogers... those trades were made when the C's didn't have a small window to win a title with two old HOfer's and a deep talented team lacking one frontcourt stud.

So only and idiot GM would trade Varejao for Bass, Melo and two 1st rd picks

But then it would be idiotic for C's to trade Sully, a 1st and Lee for Varejao??

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Can't compliment the h#ll out of Varejao and then compare him to the likes of Kenny Anderson and Tony Delk/Rodney Rogers... those trades were made when the C's didn't have a small window to win a title with two old HOfer's and a deep talented team lacking one frontcourt stud.

But then it would be idiotic for C's to trade Sully, a 1st and Lee for Varejao??

Bass and Green for Varajeo and Gee

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

No way Sully is traded..The guy personifies Celtic Ball...

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

We can go on and on about this debate. But one thing's for sure, Sully will not be traded this season!

Wanna bet on it?

As I said, I find trade and team building speculation fun... I am not into the whole black and white prediction thing where once one person is wrong the childish obnoxious person like you can bring that up endlessly in all future conversations in your typically juvnile bullying manner.

I find posters like you... who gleefully await someone to make a 'prediction' that doesn't happen so they can relentlessy assault them over it in the future to be pretty immature and sad.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Sully seems to have a ceiling as an 18/9 PF with a high IQ who will never be a dominanting defense force or more than a contending teams 3rd-4th best player... but he is a great talent for sure and a real 'Celtic' style player.

If Ainge felt moving Sully in a deal for a player like Varejao could put us over the top for a title... it could be a prudent thing to do considering we do have a roster built to win now (not a 'rebuilding' year). Any future team built around Rondo-Avery-Green and Sully would need a free agent superstar who is either the teams best player or a close 2nd to Rondo in order to win a title. That may be hard to put together..

Having 2-3 years of Varejao alongside PP/KG (with Bass still off the bench at PF) before those 2 retire could give the C's a much better chance of banner 18 then refusing to part with Sully and seeing if our weak frontcourt holds up in the playoffs.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I have looked at it from the Cavs point of view... they are not winning a title in the next 3 years with Varejao, but Sully is only 20 and went to OSU... it would be a hard call.

The chances Ainge keeps Sully are greater than those that he trades him... but that is hardly the point. The point is that I am having fun as a fan making realistic trade ideas and creating basketball discussion, I am not going to set myself to make a wrong prediction so Fierce the child can slam me over and over about it 4 months from now.

You are simply trying to degrade and bully others... way to go... you have made yourself look quite the fool in your conversations with me these past 2 days fierce... and you try to end everything with a personal attack and a taken out of context example of some comment I made on player movement from months ago... it is really very petty and very sad

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

A recent Boston sports example would be the Red Sox refusal to trade Ellsbury and Buchhold for Johan Santana after the '07 world series. they instead tried to include a guy like Coco Crisp (a Brandon Bass type), Minnesota said 'no thanks' and that was that.

Santana would have almost assuredly landed the Sox a World Series in '08 when they went to 7 games in the ALCS and were undone by shoddy starting pitching. Ellsbury hit terribly and Buch was in AAA.

But since then Santana has been hurt and got old and Ells and Buch each had 2-3 very good seasons and are still with the Sox and under age 30. Yet the Sox haven't sniffed the WS since. Any Sox fan would trade these last 5 years of those 2 players for that ONE World Series and 4 years of a medicore/hurt Santana.

So if Ainge felt we could win a title with Varejao and moved Sully for him, I would be fine with that gamble. 6 years from now we may have a very nice 18/9 PF in his prime but just be a competitive team with no real finals aspiarions. If I looked back from then i'd much rather have had taken the shots in '13 and '14 with Varejao then had no titles and a good young starter for many years ...

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I have looked at it from the Cavs point of view... they are not winning a title in the next 3 years with Varejao, but Sully is only 20 and went to OSU... it would be a hard call.

The chances Ainge keeps Sully are greater than those that he trades him... but that is hardly the point. The point is that I am having fun as a fan making realistic trade ideas and creating basketball discussion, I am not going to set myself to make a wrong prediction so Fierce the child can slam me over and over about it 4 months from now.

You are simply trying to degrade and bully others... way to go... you have made yourself look quite the fool in your conversations with me these past 2 days fierce... and you try to end everything with a personal attack and a taken out of context example of some comment I made on player movement from months ago... it is really very petty and very sad

Bully others? Who's talking about punching someone around the ring?

Like I said, man up and go on record, will Ainge trade Sully this season?

Also, the Cavs are not gunning for a championship right now or in the near future. They're only hoping to make the playoffs, duh!

I just told you the chances Ainge trades Sully are less than those that he keeps them. Tha is my prediction. Does it mean I cannot have fun discussions about the possibility that he would be traded in a specific deal and what it would mean to the team, certainly not, I am doing that now even as you continue to act a child and bully. 

Your continued talk of my 'punching you around the ring' metaphor when it comes to beating you over and over in arguments is getting old. Do you really think I am physically threatening you? hahahaha. Your sad and petty attempts to spin, change the subject and dig up things from the past (falsely and out of context of course) are the real bullying. And your personal attacks about my 'intelligence' are laugh out loud funny as well all know my track record here compared to yours.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So now I have gotten you to go from 'LA will not be the 1 seed and make the finals' to 'LA will not win 51 games'

Care to FINALLY make a real prediciton on their wins and when their season ends in your mind?

Then maybe we can all get a good idea of when LA stops being 'crappy' in Fierce's world... or are you going to say they are a lotto team.. meaning you feel you'll get to call them crappy all season?

C'mon... man up:-)

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

A recent Boston sports example would be the Red Sox refusal to trade Ellsbury and Buchhold for Johan Santana after the '07 world series. they instead tried to include a guy like Coco Crisp (a Brandon Bass type), Minnesota said 'no thanks' and that was that.

Santana would have almost assuredly landed the Sox a World Series in '08 when they went to 7 games in the ALCS and were undone by shoddy starting pitching. Ellsbury hit terribly and Buch was in AAA.

But since then Santana has been hurt and got old and Ells and Buch each had 2-3 very good seasons and are still with the Sox and under age 30. Yet the Sox haven't sniffed the WS since. Any Sox fan would trade these last 5 years of those 2 players for that ONE World Series and 4 years of a medicore/hurt Santana.

So if Ainge felt we could win a title with Varejao and moved Sully for him, I would be fine with that gamble. 6 years from now we may have a very nice 18/9 PF in his prime but just be a competitive team with no real finals aspiarions. If I looked back from then i'd much rather have had taken the shots in '13 and '14 with Varejao then had no titles and a good young starter for many years ...

So many words and paragraphs. But the substance is crappy.

Just go on record and tell us if the Celts are going to trade Sully or not. That's not so hard to do, right? You're Mr. Know it All, right?

A top 10 pick the slid all the way to #21 and you want to trade him. Again, not so bright. 

What is not bright is your inability to get the comparisons, understand the dyanmics involved with both teams and the risk vs. reward. It is sad really. And I already said it is less likely for a Sully trade to happen then for it to go down.

If you can't see both sides and understand what the discussion is then it is def best you continue to not particpate and do your thing... which is drive-by attacks and foolish attempts to demean others while always coming off worse in the end.

When will you man up and tell us how many wins you think LA will have and how far they will go?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts