When (not "IF") does DA trade Rajon Rondo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

When (not "IF") does DA trade Rajon Rondo?

Before you get started! 

-He was still new to the NBA and for the most part did what he was told when we won our title with him at PG.

-He was sent home from the OLYMPIC TEAM because of his attitude, kicked off the team!

-He has been related to the departures of both Ray and DOC now.

-The Team went from 0-8 immediately to 8-0 once he went down. Perfect example of what his negative 'tude causes.

-He's not a leader and you don't build a new team on a cracked foundation.

HE's GONE! but my question to everybody is, when does DA pull the trigger? There is risk in waiting for him to return, as he may not be quite the same. He may bring less value if traded before he proves himself, but do you risk the effects he has on a bunch of new kids and other players? Do you wait til the trade deadline? OR does RR push his way out soon because HE WON'T WANT TO BE HERE NOW??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: When (not

He is at his lowest trade value right now...if happening it won't be right now

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

All your points (except Olympics) are wrong. the 0-8 8-0 had a lot to do with a shift in the team dynamic and other teams slow to adapt. Nobody except Ray has criticized Rondo including Doc. Everyone says he may be a little high maintenance, but he is an exceptional talent and he cares and he understands the importance of the moment. That is hard to get.

However,

We may lose Rondo anyway. If that happens it will be at the deadline in Feb or before the 2014 draft. Danny is going to ask a lot for Rondo. He is going to want more than what Philly just got for Jrue Holiday, and rightfully so.

So using that as an example, Philly got:

Nerlins Noel 6th pick 2013 draft and a future 1st round pick in 2014.

So, if we trade Ronod at the deadline in Feb, I'd expect to get at least two first round picks, and that is if its from a lottery bound team.

So who would take Rondo for that price?

I think the Kings may be in that position. They could start anew with Rondo Mclemore and Cousins as their big three, give us their 2014 and 2016 unprotected first round picks and call it a day.

Other suitors? ... ? ... ? ... ?

tick tock tick tock

Maybe Orlando? Rondo, Oladipo, Harkless, Davis, Vucevic?

Give up two first round picks and/or Nicholson and whoever else to make money work?

I don't know who else there is. Maybe the Lakers give us two future 1sts?

What if Dallas gives us two future 1sts with Marion's $$ and entice Howard to join forces with Rondo & Dirk.

Who else?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Ainge said that he plans to build around Rondo and didn't draft a PG so I believe him for atleast another season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I wish that (or wonder if it was explored) DA sent Rondo to NO instead of the Pelicans picking up Holiday. A 2014 NO 1st Rounder has some serious value depending on the protection.

I'm hoping for a Rondo-Kemba Walker swap, but not sure if CHA would be interested...they seem to be the he11 bent on being the worst team in the NBA for the next decade. We need to acquire a young PG somehow though. I don't believe Ainge when he says that the Cs are going to build around Rondo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

All your points (except Olympics) are wrong. the 0-8 8-0 had a lot to do with a shift in the team dynamic and other teams slow to adapt. Nobody except Ray has criticized Rondo including Doc. Everyone says he may be a little high maintenance, but he is an exceptional talent and he cares and he understands the importance of the moment. That is hard to get.

However,

We may lose Rondo anyway. If that happens it will be at the deadline in Feb or before the 2014 draft. Danny is going to ask a lot for Rondo. He is going to want more than what Philly just got for Jrue Holiday, and rightfully so.

So using that as an example, Philly got:

Nerlins Noel 6th pick 2013 draft and a future 1st round pick in 2014.

So, if we trade Ronod at the deadline in Feb, I'd expect to get at least two first round picks, and that is if its from a lottery bound team.

So who would take Rondo for that price?

I think the Kings may be in that position. They could start anew with Rondo Mclemore and Cousins as their big three, give us their 2014 and 2016 unprotected first round picks and call it a day.

Other suitors? ... ? ... ? ... ?

tick tock tick tock

Maybe Orlando? Rondo, Oladipo, Harkless, Davis, Vucevic?

Give up two first round picks and/or Nicholson and whoever else to make money work?

I don't know who else there is. Maybe the Lakers give us two future 1sts?

What if Dallas gives us two future 1sts with Marion's $$ and entice Howard to join forces with Rondo & Dirk.

Who else?

Well, we will never agree with our viewpoint of the guy and thats all good. Even I know that RR is a great basketabll player. BUT I also know that he is complete acehole off the court and to his teammates and others. I don't care how good his skills are, his over all chemistry sucks. So, hopefully a change of scenery will be good for everybody, cuz it ain't gonna work with him for sure now that KG and PP arn't there to babysit him. I say do it ASAP to eliminate the possibility of further issues and to end the constant discussions by the National media. I for one am excited about the change as we've been almost good enough for too long now..........Thats not good enough for the BOSTON CELTICS.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennCelt53. Show KennCelt53's posts

No hurry to do anything. Danny will wait until Rondo's value goes back up after he has healed and shows he can still excell. The chemistry and pieces may fit with him now that all the hof have gone. This will be his team. Maybe sitting for a time has mellowed him. Patience. Wait and see where the pieces settle after Danny's next round of trades occur.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Ainge said that he plans to build around Rondo and didn't draft a PG so I believe him for atleast another season.

The only way to maintain any value in RR right now is for Ainge to say what he is saying. He wants potential suitors to think they must step up if they wanna make the offer, Cuz "Danny Ainge wants Rondo." Business, man, just business. The more DA says it out loud, the less you should believe it. I.E. Doc Rivers!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Maybe 7 years later but not now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

This, I guess, is another anti-Rondo rant. I think since Doc's no longer in Boston the portion of "get-rid-of-Doc" rants are being switch to "get-rid-of-Rondo" YES!!!!

Finally Danny will start to listen to geniuses from BDC and get rid of Rondo (quite a few reasons) and get a second rate PG instead so he can to win #18. Brilliant!!!

AK

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

Danny Strange (now that he made what I think is a great trade, I'll bow my head every time I call him "DannyStrange") has to keep Rondon't and let him play his way back into basketball shape and prove to the NBA he is fully recovered from his injury. When, and if, that is done Rondon't will be moved.

Then I'll stop calling him Danny Strange because Rondon't is a true team killer.

I say that we will know what DA is gonna do if he legitimately goes after Josh Smith. If he does, then DA is intent on keeping RR to see if having his boi around will conjur some magic. If he doesn't, C-YA RR!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to sinus007's comment:

Hi,

This, I guess, is another anti-Rondo rant. I think since Doc's no longer in Boston the portion of "get-rid-of-Doc" rants are being switch to "get-rid-of-Rondo" YES!!!!

Finally Danny will start to listen to geniuses from BDC and get rid of Rondo (quite a few reasons) and get a second rate PG instead so he can to win #18. Brilliant!!!

AK

NO, not anti rondo, just pro Celtics!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Remember how badly Rondo faltered after Perk was traded?

Well doc, KG and CPP all departing leaving R9R behind is much, much worse, leaving R9R an emotional  basketcase, complicating his ACL recovery.

He will likely falter badly as time passes, sensing that he may be traded too once he is back on the court. So what's the hurry getting back to 100%. There isn't any.

DA talking about building a team around Rondo is a ruse, like pumping... then  dumping a stock that is going nowhere.

Trade him now before his stock declines even further.

His best days are behind him... and they weren't all that good for the franchise considering the price paid.

He will long for the days when he played beside future HOFers who made Rondo look good while sacrificing their own games to try to accommodate him.

Playing with far less talented teammates will be very hard on our ASPG  when his game is exposed because of the lack of talent surrounding him.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Well doc, KG and CPP all departing leaving R9R behind is much, much worse, leaving R9R an emotional  basketcase, complicating his ACL recovery.

He will likely falter badly as time passes, sensing that he may be traded too once he is back on the court. So what's the hurry getting back to 100%. There isn't any.

DA talking about building a team around Rondo is a ruse, like pumping... then  dumping a stock that is going nowhere.

His best days are behind him... and they weren't all that good for the franchise considering the price paid.

He will long for the days when he played beside future HOFers who made Rondo look good while sacrificing their own games to try to accommodate him.

Playing with far less talented teammates will be very hard on our ASPG  when his game is exposed because of the lack of talent surrounding him.

Pud

Its all relative PUD. Just like you said, its not hard to look really good with 3-HOF-ers to pass to and have take the attention away from you when you hve the ball. Hell, if CP3 had been our PG with those three, we'd still be hanging banners! Only this year did RR start consistently hitting some open Js. Imagine if we had had a PG who could hit that 10-15 footer for the past 5-years. The guy had to give up so many open shots...its no wonder he had so many assists! As Tommy would say, "Rondo dribbles, drives, kicks it out to a HALL OF FAMER FOR TWOOOOOOO!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I know some here would love to see Rondo go, but I'd say it's 50/50 prop. at this point. Certainly not a certainty. 

Next year, will be about tanking and then once Rondo is allowed to play (like probably January) showing he is healthy. 

From there it depends on what happens in the draft. We get a slot in the 1 or 2 range and Rondo stays, and is part of a quick rebuild with a player like Wiggens.

If we don't get a good slot and can't make any trades for a superstar with all the assets Danny has collected, then Rondo is traded for more picks and young assets. 

What Danny won't do is just give Rondo away. other executives have said Danny would only part with Rondo for a haul like the nuggets got for Carmelo. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Pud

You really do say some silly things. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yes, he said Rondo & Sully would be the core according to Mike Gorman last night.

[/QUOTE]

True. Danny also included Jeff Green and Bradley in that statement.

I do think that Rondo, Bradley, Green and Sullinger are a decent core. If Danny can take all the other picks and pieces and get us a real IMPACT Center and lights out shooting guard, this is a core that can contend, in my opinion.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

RallyC,

In your OP you listed your interpretations of the events - not facts and then summarized it by the statement "He's gone" (also your opinion).

Now let's look at the following facts:

RR is all-star

RR is NBA assist leader

RR is one of best rebounding PGs

RR has more playoffs tripple-doubles than Lebron

RR is capable of playing 53 min and getting 44-10-8

RR salary ($11M) is less than salaries of other elite PGs, e.g D-Will, CP, RW, DR, TP

Based on the above I'd say Danny has to be insane to trade him for a lesser player or a package (I hope you won't disagree with the opinion that DA is sane) and I don't see any such trade on the horizon.

Also, as others suggested (I'm not counting Pud  a well established Rondo-hater) his trading value is very low nowdays due to his injury. It will remain there untill he proves that he's back at 100% physically. I don't think, considering it's an ACL tear, it'll happen this year, best case scenario - by the end of the 13-14 season. You wouldn't try to sell a broken car until you fix it first, would you? Unless, of course, you're desperate for cash. But Danny and owners are not currently desperate.

Therefore I'd say take it easy, sit back, relax and see what the upcoming season brings for Celtics.

AK

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[

Also, as others suggested (I'm not counting Pud  a well established Rondo-hater) his trading value is very low nowdays due to his injury. It will remain there untill he proves that he's back at 100% physically. I don't think, considering it's an ACL tear, it'll happen this year, best case scenario - by the end of the 13-14 season. You wouldn't try to sell a broken car until you fix it first, would you? Unless, of course, you're desperate for cash. But Danny and owners are not currently desperate.

Therefore I'd say take it easy, sit back, relax and see what the upcoming season brings for Celtics.

AK

[/QUOTE]It depends on how bad the car is broken.

If you are suggesting that R9R just needs a little tune up and maybe a bit of TLC and understanding, you don't know much about cars... or Rondo either.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from atcross. Show atcross's posts

When RR is traded I'll want to know where because, after 30+ years as a Cs fan, that will be my new team. RR is the best thing in pro ball right now. It's no accident that Kobe and LBJ are RR fans.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

RallyC,

In your OP you listed your interpretations of the events - not facts and then summarized it by the statement "He's gone" (also your opinion).

Now let's look at the following facts:

RR is all-star

RR is NBA assist leader

RR is one of best rebounding PGs

RR has more playoffs tripple-doubles than Lebron

RR is capable of playing 53 min and getting 44-10-8

RR salary ($11M) is less than salaries of other elite PGs, e.g D-Will, CP, RW, DR, TP

Based on the above I'd say Danny has to be insane to trade him for a lesser player or a package (I hope you won't disagree with the opinion that DA is sane) and I don't see any such trade on the horizon.

AK

Good enough. I can tell you this...I am a Celtic fan through and through. I am not a Rondo lover. BUT if Rondo is my PG, I want him to do well. The problem is that I truely don't think it can happen now with him. I am pulling for him to be better physically and mentally when he returns, if DA lets it happen. Fair??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to atcross' comment:

When RR is traded I'll want to know where because, after 30+ years as a Cs fan, that will be my new team. RR is the best thing in pro ball right now. It's no accident that Kobe and LBJ are RR fans.

You, my friend are not REALLY, TRULY a Celtic fan. PERIOD. Peace!