When (not "IF") does DA trade Rajon Rondo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: When (not

Rondo would have been gone long ago if anyone offered good value for him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Heads up, at this time Ainge plans to construct the team around Rondo. You're wasting your energy here, last time I talked with Danny he doesn't read this forum. Maybe mail him a letter. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Heads up, at this time Ainge plans to construct the team around Rondo. You're wasting your energy here, last time I talked with Danny he doesn't read this forum. Maybe mail him a letter. 

Tell DA I said HI!..... since you appear to be communicating with him regularly. Oh wait, you must mean what he is teling the media??????.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Fool........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

rondo is a magnet. i think rondo will not be traded coz ainge knows rondo can attract all star players such as D12 and Smith

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Well..if Danny Ainge is telling people that he plans to build the team around Rondo..then you can believe the opposite will happen. Danny Ainge says a lot of things..and mostly what he thinks the fans want to hear..and then goes and does the opposite.

Three days ago...Ainge was telling Boston sports media that no decision had been made about KG and Pierce...yet Doc Rivers..in an interview yesterday and again today said that the deal has been in the works for some time and this was one of the factors Doc took into consideration when making his move. So..you have to ask yourself..which version of the facts is true? Personally..I tend to believe Doc.

Doc also said some interesting things about Rondo. One comment I found telling was "you never knew which Rondo was going to show up"...and he meant this in the locker room..not just on the court. There is no way the Celtics build a team around this guy if he has those kinds of personality. An all star point guard isn't the same as a franchise player and Rondo is no franchise player.

By the end of the 2013-2014 season..Rondo will be gone.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Well..if Danny Ainge is telling people that he plans to build the team around Rondo..then you can believe the opposite will happen. Danny Ainge says a lot of things..and mostly what he thinks the fans want to hear..and then goes and does the opposite.

Three days ago...Ainge was telling Boston sports media that no decision had been made about KG and Pierce...yet Doc Rivers..in an interview yesterday and again today said that the deal has been in the works for some time and this was one of the factors Doc took into consideration when making his move. So..you have to ask yourself..which version of the facts is true? Personally..I tend to believe Doc.

Doc also said some interesting things about Rondo. One comment I found telling was "you never knew which Rondo was going to show up"...and he meant this in the locker room..not just on the court. There is no way the Celtics build a team around this guy if he has those kinds of personality. An all star point guard isn't the same as a franchise player and Rondo is no franchise player.

+1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

rondo is a magnet. i think rondo will not be traded coz ainge knows rondo can attract all star players such as D12 and Smith

Sounds like the insane asylum! Put any of those three together with one of the others on the same team and the results would be catastrophic for the franchise. My bet is it aint NEVER gonna happen!!! NO way, No how!!! DA has a real brain!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkytuscadero. Show pinkytuscadero's posts

Conspiracy theory stuff: There are a lot of Rondo jerseys on markdown along with Pierce and KG at the Celtics site:
    http://www.celticsstore.com/jerseys-viewall/index.php?pagemax=all&v=celtics_sale_jerseys

Only one Green jersey and one Sullinger jersey on sale...food for thought for all the "maybe there is already a deal" people out there

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

RallyC,

Fair enough. Glad to have intelligent discussion, regardless of agree/disagree.

AK

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Rondo will get traded if the rebuilding becomes protracted.  Rondo will not be traded if the Celts only take a 1-year dip.  So what needs to happen for the dip to to be limited to 1-year?

1) The Celts tank this season and get a top 2 pick in the next draft. (Wiggins or Parker).

2) Some from the quartet of Sullinger, Bradley, Olynyk and Melo develop significantly.  I am not talking incremental improvement in all of them.  I am talking about All-Star track improvement in at-least one of them.

3) Wallace, Humphries, Bass and crew are cleared from the roster to create cap room to sign a free agent.

With Rondo and Green, that will be the makings of a contender, a team that may not be able to contend in 2015 but will be a perpetual contender for a while after that.

If the rebuilding takes more than 1-year, Danny will trade Rondo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

And yet, the Celtics were ready to swap KG for DeAndre Jordan and a 1st round pick.  Right? Actually they did not want to do that because the Nets deal is was much better.  So lets take the conspiracy theory to another level.  Danny leaked the word of the trade and made every attempt to make it look illegal so that Stern could step in and block it.  He needed that because KG would not approve the trade to the Nets.  Pretty Machiavellian I would say.  By that time Doc was too far gone so Danny was able to claim that Doc decided to move on.  And then Danny put on this show of shock at Doc's departure.  Boy, this Danny guy is good!!  He worked with Doc to spin this whole yarn about how Doc told him that he is coming back.  Attaboy Danny!

Chris Fosberg put it well.  Going forward, you have to choose.  Are you in Danny's camp or in Doc's camp?  I am in Danny's camp.  Doc is now speaking from his Clippers perch.

Danny will trade Rondo if that will be good for the team.  He will not trade Rondo because a vocal segment here thinks that he is petulant.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

And yet, the Celtics were ready to swap KG for DeAndre Jordan and a 1st round pick.  Right? Actually they did not want to do that because the Nets deal is was much better.  So lets take the conspiracy theory to another level.  Danny leaked the word of the trade and made every attempt to make it look illegal so that Stern could step in and block it.  He needed that because KG would not approve the trade to the Nets.  Pretty Machiavellian I would say.  By that time Doc was too far gone so Danny was able to claim that Doc decided to move on.  And then Danny put on this show of shock at Doc's departure.  Boy, this Danny guy is good!!  He worked with Doc to spin this whole yarn about how Doc told him that he is coming back.  Attaboy Danny!

Chris Fosberg put it well.  Going forward, you have to choose.  Are you in Danny's camp or in Doc's camp?  I am in Danny's camp.  Doc is now speaking from his Clippers perch.

Danny will trade Rondo if that will be good for the team.  He will not trade Rondo because a vocal segment here thinks that he is petulant.

I was not even implying that there is any kind of conspiracy theory. I am simply stating what Doc says. It's not a matter of being in one camp over the other. I think it was time for Doc to go anyhow..and I wish him well..and won't miss him as coach of the Celtics. But...Ainge has a habit of saying one thing to the fans and then doing something else. Ainge is the last GM I would accuse of kowtowing to the fans. In fact..I think Danny Change could not care less what Celtics fans think..and I think he could essentially could not care less about Celtics fans in general. It's just not his nature.

Ainge will trade Rondo next season if even part of what Doc and others have said. Especially if it turns out that Rondo is a head case who is difficult to work with...and again..Rondo just isn't the kind of player you build a team around. Simple as that.

Probably Ainge's most difficult obstacle to building the team back up (besides himself) is the fact that it's difficult to find super star players who want to come to the Celtics...and you do need a couple of super star players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Rondo lovers, be ready!!!! Lets not melt down when DA pulls the trigger. Keep in mind that regardless as to how any of us Feel about RR, DA is gonna do whats best for OUR favorite team. So, the rumors are flying........we ALL know what it means. If not exciting, at least very intriguing days for all of us. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Rondo lovers, be ready!!!! Lets not melt down when DA pulls the trigger. Keep in mind that regardless as to how any of us Feel about RR, DA is gonna do whats best for OUR favorite team. So, the rumors are flying........we ALL know what it means. 

There are no rumors flying, RallyC. Danny has said, ONCE AGAIN, that he is not looking to trade Rondo. Deal with it. 

“If Wilt Chamberlain and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar are tradeable, then I guess everybody’s tradeable,” Ainge said. “But there’s guys we’re not looking to move right now. Ainge was asked if Rondo was one of those guys. “Yeah,” he said."

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/06/danny-ainge-celtics-not-looking-to-trade-rajon-rondo-at-this-time

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

Rondo lovers, be ready!!!! Lets not melt down when DA pulls the trigger. Keep in mind that regardless as to how any of us Feel about RR, DA is gonna do whats best for OUR favorite team. So, the rumors are flying........we ALL know what it means. 

There are no rumors flying, RallyC. Danny has said, ONCE AGAIN, that he is not looking to trade Rondo. Deal with it. 

“If Wilt Chamberlain and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar are tradeable, then I guess everybody’s tradeable,” Ainge said. “But there’s guys we’re not looking to move right now. Ainge was asked if Rondo was one of those guys. “Yeah,” he said."

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/06/danny-ainge-celtics-not-looking-to-trade-rajon-rondo-at-this-time

DA better say that if he's gonna ensure any legit offers to "pry the leader of the Boston Celtics" away from him. Yes Jamez, unfortunately there are rumors all o er the place. Get yourself ready, the Crow is cookin! It makes no sense to keep RR if DA can get a haul, and be will, youll see. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i sure would like to hear rondo's take on all the celtics upheaval of the last three weeks. maybe jimmy kimmel will ask him about it next time he's on.

bp

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

i sure would like to hear rondo's take on all the celtics upheaval of the last three weeks. maybe jimmy kimmel will ask him about it next time he's on.

bp

My guess is that Rondo, knowing his personality, will go to DA and ask out! Yup! If you were RR, wouldnt you? "Send me to a team that has a chance next season. My HOF Boyz are all gone and i will be exposed. Why stay? Time for me to go too DA. Lets roll!"  MAKES SENSE, right? Oh wait! Some of you think that Rondo gives a damn that you love him and think hed rather be on a rebuiliding team more than on another team on TV competing for a championship! RIGHT!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

you're trying too hard, rally. if there even is a rondo dilemma, it'll shake itself out soon enough. 

bp

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

They should trade Rondo as soon as possible for whatever picks or young assets  they can get, if they are going to tank and rebuild they should do it right.

Also now that Doc is gone getting rid of Rondo would force the Doc/Rondo obsessors to obsess about something else.

I don't think they can do it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

you're trying too hard, rally. if there even is a rondo dilemma, it'll shake itself out soon enough. 

bp

Wow BP, that is incredibly profound. Your statement applies to every discussion on BDC. Funny how those kinds of obvious statements only come from people when they dont like talking about the subject. As i recall, youre a long time Rondo defender too. But, thanks for citing the obvious. OK EVERBODY LOGG OFF AND HAVE A GOOD LIFE.EVERYTHING WE DISCUSS HERE WILL WORK ITSELF OUT!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i don't mind talking about my favorite celtic subject, rally. i like rondo and think he'll be right here, providing he wants to. being comfortable with my stance, i don't feel the need to keep spinning, repeating or over emphasizing it.

bp

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

i don't mind talking about my favorite celtic subject, rally. i like rondo and think he'll be right here, providing he wants to. being comfortable with my stance, i don't feel the need to keep spinning, repeating or over emphasizing it.

bp

Fair enough BP. But, i cant help it if i am excited about all this and potential changes. Just call me energized and optimistic about the future. Hoping we can clean up the past by not repeating the same errors. Thanks 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

rally, when i can determine that rondo wants to go or needs to go, i will wish him good riddance and readily admit here that i have been wrong in my support of him. i can see that you're an authentic fan who wants what is best for the Cs. you can know that i am too.

bp

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

rally, when i can determine that rondo wants to go or needs to go, i will wish him good riddance and readily admit here that i have been wrong in my support of him. i can see that you're an authentic fan who wants what is best for the Cs. you can know that i am too.

bp

BP, and if DA decides that RR is our PG moving forward, I will change my position and cheer him on in support of the Boston Celtics. In the end, that is all that really matters. Cool.....

Sections
Shortcuts