Where are all the Rondo hater tonight??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Where are all the Rondo hater tonight??

Rondo has a great game tonight along with Pierce and Allen, suddenly the Rondo negative trolls are quiet. Hopefully Rondo has finally found his game for the playoffs and silences his haters. Great all-around game by the C's tonight. Hopefully a sweep, and the C's get a nice rest while the Lakers & all the other teams play 6-7 series.  

Hetchinspete. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: Where are all the Rondo hater tonight??

He was a thing of beauty tonight. With all his athleticism and great moves I thought his decision making was his best asset tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from international. Show international's posts

WHERE IS THE DUDDER?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

I hope all the bandwagoners jumped off already and don't post about Rondo ever again.

Rondo is flat out clutch when it matters and when its playoff time thats all that matters. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

hmm,

Finally, Rondo comes out of his funk.

His immature behavior cost the Cs, the number one seed, so it it is up to him to make up the difference.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from usa4life. Show usa4life's posts

Rondo is an odd dog.

What the hell was he wearing at the press conference?
    If Rondo is on, then the Celtics will roll.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Re: Where are all the Rondo hater tonight??:
    Rondo is an odd dog. What the hell was he wearing at the press conference? If Rondo is on, then the Celtics will roll.
    Posted by usa4life

Was that a Bruce Lee shirt he had on? If it was good for him. Bruce was Baddd.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

how many "haters" are there?

is it hate to pine for consistency and competence from this young lad?

i can think of one actual hater who frequents the board, and that's it. 

so is it worth threads like this when rondo plays well like he should?

i dunno.

but at the end of the day, i refuse to confuse critical thinking and constructive criticism with the simple label of "hate" that is most often used these days for any sort of dissent whatsoever.

how about the "let's stop the hate on the celts bench" campaign?  i see a LOT of people griping on this board about how worthless green is, how fat davis is, all are worthless.  wah wah wah.  however, the realist will realize that you CANNOT undo the perkins trade and you can't go out and get OTHER PIECES that you didn't already get, so let's shut 'em up with the dumb condemnations of the bench maybe and ROOT for the team?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

hmm, Finally, Rondo comes out of his funk. His immature behavior cost the Cs, the number one seed, so it it is up to him to make up the difference.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan

Wrong !!

Sure Rondo went into a funk after the Perk trade but that didn't cost us the number one seed. In case you didn't notice the rest of the starters played very poorly after the trade as well. I'm not making excuses for Rondo, but he wasn't the only one of the Celts to play poorly. Hopefully they've found the motivation now that the playoffs are here. The minute the Celts falter, if they do I'm sure you'll find a way to blame Rondo no matter how well he plays.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

I guess that he is 22 years old, so he may be forgiven for his imaturity, as long as he can keep his focus in the play-offs.

If not, I hope the Clippers are in his future.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

I guess that he is 22 years old, so he may be forgiven for his imaturity, as long as he can keep his focus in the play-offs. If not, I hope the Clippers are in his future.

Correction, he's 25. He's in his 4th year. If he was 22 he would have been 19 when in his rookie year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"i can think of one actual hater who frequents the board, and that's it."

You're kidding right? Pud, Dud, that's two world class haters right there. El Dunker is trying his darndest to join them. A number of others have demanded a Rondo trade fairly recently.

In addition to the outright haters there are many "Rondo's glass is half-empty" skeptics. I'd put you and Petey in that category. It's not that your criticisms aren't often valid, they are. But you have a tendency to mimimize the strengths of his game so it results in an unclear picture. 

Still, you're not a hater. 

As for this junk: "Finally, Rondo comes out of his funk."His immature behavior cost the Cs, the number one seed,"

That's truly myopic. Wouldn't you say Ainge bears a good chunk of that? Rondo didn't trade Perk. Wouldn't you also say Shaq's injuries were a big factor here? How about the sluggish bench play? The lack of contributions from Murphy and Krstic after a few good games? Rondo could have handled the situation better BUT he was also gimped up with injuries so that has to be taken into account as well. Many factors led to the loss of number one seed, Rondo played his role but he was far from the only one. 

"so it it is up to him to make up the difference" - very silly talk. As if he can do that singlehandedly. It's up to the whole team to make that happen, Rondo included. I'd say he's playing pretty well so far, how about you? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

If the bench would play as bad as #18 is around the corner.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

how many "haters" are there? is it hate to pine for consistency and competence from this young lad? i can think of one actual hater who frequents the board, and that's it.  so is it worth threads like this when rondo plays well like he should? i dunno. but at the end of the day, i refuse to confuse critical thinking and constructive criticism with the simple label of "hate" that is most often used these days for any sort of dissent whatsoever. how about the "let's stop the hate on the celts bench" campaign?  i see a LOT of people griping on this board about how worthless green is, how fat davis is, all are worthless.  wah wah wah.  however, the realist will realize that you CANNOT undo the perkins trade and you can't go out and get OTHER PIECES that you didn't already get, so let's shut 'em up with the dumb condemnations of the bench maybe and ROOT for the team?
    Posted by aciemvp

Well said. I know this post is negative to start off with and I harp on about negative post, but my complaints are about the folks who do nothing but complain, whine, etc. We all hope the Celts win #18, but if they don't the trolls will be out blaming Rondo, or Ainge for the Perk trade or anything else they can pick on without any common sense oe reasoning behind their thoughts.

I'm tired of hearing about how bad the Perk trade was. Folks seem to forget that we had "no" back ups for Pierce or Allen without that trade. Sure hated to see Perk go, but we had no one else of value to trade. The trade is done, this team hopefully will get it together and do well in the playoffs. If they win it all, great year. If they don't it's still been a great season.

We seem to forget there are 29 other teams in the NBA, and only one team can win it all. Great night to be a Boston fan, the Red Sox are up 3-0 tonight coming back after the poor start and will be in the hunt for the pennant, the Bs have tied up the series with Habs, the Celts are up 3-0 and despite losing to the Jets, the Pats were still 14-2 and will only be better this year with a loaded draft thanks to BB. 

From an eternal optimist !!

Hetchinspete.    

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

So there is no real excuse for his imature behavior?

The "funk" was a teen age display of "I will show you".

...and yes he was responsible for the loss of the number one seed.

It is to his credit, that he has seen the light, however, the last 20 games of the regular season are his direct responsibility.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

hmm, Finally, Rondo comes out of his funk. His immature behavior cost the Cs, the number one seed, so it it is up to him to make up the difference.

Do you watch the Celtics? Ray and Paul struggled as well during that period. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

how many "haters" are there? is it hate to pine for consistency and competence from this young lad? i can think of one actual hater who frequents the board, and that's it.  so is it worth threads like this when rondo plays well like he should? i dunno. but at the end of the day, i refuse to confuse critical thinking and constructive criticism with the simple label of "hate" that is most often used these days for any sort of dissent whatsoever. how about the "let's stop the hate on the celts bench" campaign?  i see a LOT of people griping on this board about how worthless green is, how fat davis is, all are worthless.  wah wah wah.  however, the realist will realize that you CANNOT undo the perkins trade and you can't go out and get OTHER PIECES that you didn't already get, so let's shut 'em up with the dumb condemnations of the bench maybe and ROOT for the team?
    Posted by aciemvp

He didn't play well. he played phenomonally 15 points 20 assists and 11 rebounds. 11 rebounds. he is the point guard.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Rondo hate is overwhelming on this site. I've had more people respond to my posts negatively for lauding rondo's performances than any other reason. If he has a triple double, why didn't he score more? when he scores thirty, like game 2, why didnt he get 39 assists? Appreciate the fact that when his game is on, he's one of the biggest matchup problems in the nba. As doc said tonight in postgame, Rondo called a perfect game. It takes skill to get it to the hot hands, in the right spots, at the right time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

So there is no real excuse for his imature behavior? The "funk" was a teen age display of "I will show you". ...and yes he was responsible for the loss of the number one seed. It is to his credit, that he has seen the light, however, the last 20 games of the regular season are his direct responsibility.

You are not thinking. He was not the only one playing bad. Even if he was throwing a tantrum, (which is ridiculous) how does that explain the fact paul pierce was stinking it up, how does it explain the fact krystic was stinking it up or Ray? Rondo played bad, but so did the whole team. Was Ray having a "I will show you teenage display as well?" Was krystic? Is krystic still having it? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

No, you guys love Rondo unconditionally.

While he had a great game tonight, he has been more responsible for the Celtics fade in the last twenty games than any other factor.

Facts are facts. Imature behavior cost the Celtics the number one seed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

-

You mean, "Where is the Rondo hater tonight?

He has more than one hater?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

I guess reality is beyond your comprehension.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

No, you guys love Rondo unconditionally. While he had a great game tonight, he has been more responsible for the Celtics fade in the last twenty games than any other factor. Facts are facts. Imature behavior cost the Celtics the number one seed.

okay, you need to learn the difference between a fact an a opinion. You haven't presented one fact yet. 

Secondly you never explained the rest of the teams poor play. Were they all throwing teenage tantrums as well? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

No, you guys love Rondo unconditionally. While he had a great game tonight, he has been more responsible for the Celtics fade in the last twenty games than any other factor. Facts are facts. Imature behavior cost the Celtics the number one seed.

You confuse your twisted opinion with facts.  And That is a fact.

Sections
Shortcuts