Where are the buyouts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

Where are the buyouts?

Come on we need somebody!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Where are the buyouts?

It should open up but as you say where are they?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahc13. Show dahc13's posts

In Response to Re: Where are the buyouts?:
    [QUOTE]It should open up but as you say where are they?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Really...I keep looking on some sites expecting to see something big...but keep getting dissapointed....will be soon though i know it hah

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Where are the buyouts is right.  I am getting nervous.

Troy Murphy no.
    Hamilton no. 
    Dalembert no.

Where are they Danny?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Where are the buyouts is right.  I am getting nervous. Troy Murphy no. Hamilton no.  Dalembert no. Where are they Danny?

I told Bias when he said Danny had a plan and named all these players that it would be a crap shoot.  You can't depend on someone being bought out.  It takes two sides to buy out and there is no way Danny talked to both sides.  Now we just have to get lucky and IF and WHEN someone is bought out they WANT  to come to the Celtics.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are the buyouts? : I told Bias when he said Danny had a plan and named all these players that it would be a crap shoot.  You can't depend on someone being bought out.  It takes two sides to buy out and there is no way Danny talked to both sides.  Now we just have to get lucky and IF and WHEN someone is bought out they WANT  to come to the Celtics.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Their offense just got a lot better overall with the Perk trade but I am still a little unsure how you can trade two guys that are drawing a salary against the salary cap for a draft pick.

The only thing I can deduce is that Danny thinks that the only way he can lure "buyouts" is by having roster spots and "veteran minimum"money available.

That said I think Semih had a relatively bright future ahead like Krstic or Big Z but I trust Danny.

The only thing I can think is that Danny has had some discussions which points several players to the Cs, Murphy, Rip, etc.

I think you can get a Semih almost every year and yes... you can get a Luke every year - the Cs prove every year you can get a Luke.

I am very very glad they did not move Bradley.  He is the future Chauncey Billups.

One thing that is really funny is that people keep saying how Rondo's contract is a bargain and I say you get what you pay for.  Rondo is now the 4th best point guard in the conference and if you add Paul next year, he becomes 5th and we start to see that he is vastly overrated especially when he starts to lose hall of fame scorers and still can't score himself.

I would like Murphy, Rip, and Kapono.  I think their offense is the problem not the defense.  The Perk trade supports that and I think Danny recognizes that as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Their offense just got a lot better overall with the Perk trade but I am still a little unsure how you can trade two guys that are drawing a salary against the salary cap for a draft pick.

The only thing I can deduce is that Danny thinks that the only way he can lure "buyouts" is by having roster spots and "veteran minimum"money available.

Most of the time you amazed me. You can be Ainge's sidekick Smile
    I think it's true. It makes sense to me.

I'm radical, but when it makes sense I listen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

We must be patient.  There are about 72 hours left.  Even after that buyouts can happen, those guys are just not playoff-eligible.  Remember the trade deadline?  Nothing happened until Melo was traded, then it was crazy.  So, I anticipate the same will happen with the first buyout.  Haven't heard recently about Murphy, just heard about Billups (no) Rip (no) and Bibby (maybe).

Patience one and all!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are the buyouts? : Their offense just got a lot better overall with the Perk trade but I am still a little unsure how you can trade two guys that are drawing a salary against the salary cap for a draft pick. The only thing I can deduce is that Danny thinks that the only way he can lure "buyouts" is by having roster spots and "veteran minimum"money available. That said I think Semih had a relatively bright future ahead like Krstic or Big Z but I trust Danny. The only thing I can think is that Danny has had some discussions which points several players to the Cs, Murphy, Rip, etc. I think you can get a Semih almost every year and yes... you can get a Luke every year - the Cs prove every year you can get a Luke. I am very very glad they did not move Bradley.  He is the future Chauncey Billups. One thing that is really funny is that people keep saying how Rondo's contract is a bargain and I say you get what you pay for.  Rondo is now the 4th best point guard in the conference and if you add Paul next year, he becomes 5th and we start to see that he is vastly overrated especially when he starts to lose hall of fame scorers and still can't score himself. I would like Murphy, Rip, and Kapono.  I think their offense is the problem not the defense.  The Perk trade supports that and I think Danny recognizes that as well.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Can you make a post without bringing up Rondo.  HE WAS in the All Star game. Get over it.  I guess with all the new PG in the east that Paul is the 4th best. There is always someone better Dudder.  Anyone that is the best won't be for long.  Rondo is a very good point guard. Doesn't matter is someone is better. There are players better than Pierce, KG, Ray also. So what. 
    I hope your right about Bradley but he will never be Billups. No Way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Playing without a full roster is insanity when you are fighting to maintain best record in the east.  It is also damaging to the health of your older players.

Danny this is the second game we will be shorthanded.  What are you thinking?

Are we conceding best record?  It seems crazy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

+1

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are the buyouts? : Their offense just got a lot better overall with the Perk trade but I am still a little unsure how you can trade two guys that are drawing a salary against the salary cap for a draft pick. The only thing I can deduce is that Danny thinks that the only way he can lure "buyouts" is by having roster spots and "veteran minimum"money available. That said I think Semih had a relatively bright future ahead like Krstic or Big Z but I trust Danny. The only thing I can think is that Danny has had some discussions which points several players to the Cs, Murphy, Rip, etc. I think you can get a Semih almost every year and yes... you can get a Luke every year - the Cs prove every year you can get a Luke. I am very very glad they did not move Bradley.  He is the future Chauncey Billups. One thing that is really funny is that people keep saying how Rondo's contract is a bargain and I say you get what you pay for.  Rondo is now the 4th best point guard in the conference and if you add Paul next year, he becomes 5th and we start to see that he is vastly overrated especially when he starts to lose hall of fame scorers and still can't score himself. I would like Murphy, Rip, and Kapono.  I think their offense is the problem not the defense.  The Perk trade supports that and I think Danny recognizes that as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

one thing that is really funny is that people keep saying how Rondo's contract is a bargain and I say you get what you pay for.  Rondo is now the 4th best point guard in the conference and if you add Paul next year, he becomes 5th and we start to see that he is vastly overrated
    especially when he starts to lose hall of fame scorers and still can't score himself.
    ---------------------------------------

Another thing that is really funny, is that you think you understand basketball. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I'm kinda glad Rip hamilton didn't get bought out. I think he would have went to Chicago which needs a starting shooting guard. Since he would have been a backup here and since he is the kind of person that could get Chicago over the hump, I was actually releived he stayed. 

I sure do hope some big men get bought out though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

4th behind who?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are the buyouts? : 4th behind who?
    Posted by b126962[/QUOTE]

You do realize that you are getting ready to get a 4 page essay on Dudders opinion of Rondo don't you.  Be careful what you ask for because you may get it. Please spare us Dudder.  We have all read it numerous times.

BTW  b126962  just read any posts concerning Rondo and you will get Dudders response.  It is usually a cut and paste.  He has posted it no less than 30 times.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are the buyouts? : I like the Bradley comment; the kid can play defense...we'll see on the offense.  It's moves like the Daniels transaction that lends some suspicion to pre-arranged deals.  Why would a team take on an injured player, who is most likely out for the year, then send cash in return.  Unless I have the transaction wrong, I would have thought the C's would have had to send money as an inducement to get Daniels taken off of their hands.  I'm hoping with the buyouts it's one of two things: 1) Pre-arranged deals not looking so obvious as to be consumated 24/36 hours after the trade deadline or 2) Just hardball being played by both sides (players getting as much as they can/team trying to give as little as possible).  For number 2, those kind of things don't get resolved until the 23rd hour.
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

Daniels has an expiring contract. I`m pretty sure $$ went frrom ,not to ,the Celts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are the buyouts? : Can you make a post without bringing up Rondo.  HE WAS in the All Star game. Get over it.  I guess with all the new PG in the east that Paul is the 4th best. There is always someone better Dudder.  Anyone that is the best won't be for long.  Rondo is a very good point guard. Doesn't matter is someone is better. There are players better than Pierce, KG, Ray also. So what.  I hope your right about Bradley but he will never be Billups. No Way.
    Bradley is barely 6`2. Billups comparison is foolish. No, Dudder can`t make a post without knocking Rondo.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]It should open up but as you say where are they?
    Yeah, clock's ticking.  C'mon already.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

[QUOTE]I'm kinda glad Rip hamilton didn't get bought out. I think he would have went to Chicago which needs a starting shooting guard. Since he would have been a backup here and since he is the kind of person that could get Chicago over the hump, I was actually releived he stayed.  I sure do hope some big men get bought out though.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

I agree completely.  the Bulls are very good now.  Rip puts them over the top.  SG is really there only weakness.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anguskahn. Show anguskahn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are the buyouts? : I like the Bradley comment; the kid can play defense...we'll see on the offense.  It's moves like the Daniels transaction that lends some suspicion to pre-arranged deals.  Why would a team take on an injured player, who is most likely out for the year, then send cash in return.  Unless I have the transaction wrong, I would have thought the C's would have had to send money as an inducement to get Daniels taken off of their hands.  I'm hoping with the buyouts it's one of two things: 1) Pre-arranged deals not looking so obvious as to be consumated 24/36 hours after the trade deadline or 2) Just hardball being played by both sides (players getting as much as they can/team trying to give as little as possible).  For number 2, those kind of things don't get resolved until the 23rd hour.
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that Bradley was a top 5 player in the country coming into college (#1 in some recruiting rankings).  Its not like he is an under the radar guy that might be good.  He was rated above...John Henson, Xavier Henry, Lance Stephenson, Daniel Orton, Eric Bledsoe, etc.

Theres no reason to think he cant develop into an all star on BOTH sides of the ball. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

angus,
    I hope you are right but I see no evidence that Bradley can be an all-star in this league. None.  As I said I want you to be right.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

I have been "bought out" by McDonalds (caught scarfing a fry or two too many). Am now in talks with the "King" and "Colonel". Stay tuned!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnywonder. Show johnnywonder's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where are the buyouts? : You do realize that you are getting ready to get a 4 page essay on Dudders opinion of Rondo don't you.  Be careful what you ask for because you may get it. Please spare us Dudder.  We have all read it numerous times. BTW  b126962  just read any posts concerning Rondo and you will get Dudders response.  It is usually a cut and paste.  He has posted it no less than 30 times.

Sections
Shortcuts