where are the real celtics fans!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from igotgyroballs. Show igotgyroballs's posts

where are the real celtics fans!

Been watchin the board a long time and rarely ever post but here goes.....

There is so much negativity on this board it is frustrating....This celtics team is the most fun to watch in many many years.  Yeh there are a few things to worry about (Shaq, JO, rondos foot etc) but overall I think people should just be happy that this team is competing for a championsship again...Before the big three came together that didnt even seem a remote reality and now we compete year in and year out.... enjoy the ride while it lasts.  When our stars retire in a few years you may really have soemthing to complain about!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Re: where are the real celtics fans!

I love watching our team play, too.  Just wish we could blow some people out instead of having so many tight games.  When Ray Allen is on, our team is a thing of beauty!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

exactly. we have a couple of seasons left with this group, we should enjoy every moment while it lasts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

igo,

It is unlikely that you will find a bigger Celtic fan than me, however, it is sometimes fun to talk about something other than how great the Celtics are. They all have flaws, and sometimes they have off nights.

Your right, when KG retires, things will not be the same. Enjoy these Celtics while you can.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

It's been fun while it lasted. At least we got to win 1 championship since 1986.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Igo,
    This year I think the posts are much more positive.  I at times last year was really down on the team. They came on and played incredibly during the playoffs and almost got 18 this year they will.  I think valid criticism is essential for this BB or what kind of real discussion can we have.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

igot, the 2007/2008 team was the best team to watch in many, many years.  I even enjoyed the 2008/2009 team as they started 27 - 2. (even after KG got hurt, they still fought all the way into the playoffs).  Now THAT was great basketball to watch.  Honestly, when last year's team started 23 -5 after 28 games, I thought that team was fun to watch (until playing 27 - 27 ball the rest of the season).

But come on igot, you cannot be honest when saying this year's team is the most fun watching in many, many years.  This team is not playing well.  The one thing they are NOT while watching is FUN.  They can't rebound, they turnover the ball too much, they have difficulty closing out games, they have too many defensive breakdowns and their offense is non-existent for too long stretches.

I do think this team has the "potential" when AND IF everyone gets healthy but, right now, we're a long way from that.  We're a long way from FUN.

Oh, I forgot, and I'm a diehard, yet realistic, Celtics fan(atic).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Well at least those irritating LA trolls aren't so active anymore...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: where are the real celtics fans!:
    igot, the 2007/2008 team was the best team to watch in many, many years.  I even enjoyed the 2008/2009 team as they started 27 - 2. (even after KG got hurt, they still fought all the way into the playoffs).  Now THAT was great basketball to watch.  Honestly, when last year's team started 23 -5 after 28 games, I thought that team was fun to watch (until playing 27 - 27 ball the rest of the season). But come on igot, you cannot be honest when saying this year's team is the most fun watching in many, many years.  This team is not playing well.  The one thing they are NOT while watching is FUN.  They can't rebound, they turnover the ball too much, they have difficulty closing out games, they have too many defensive breakdowns and their offense is non-existent for too long stretches. I do think this team has the "potential" when AND IF everyone gets healthy but, right now, we're a long way from that.  We're a long way from FUN. Oh, I forgot, and I'm a diehard, yet realistic, Celtics fan(atic).
    Posted by Petey62

From the games I've seen this era's Celtics team has always had a high turnover count. 

You're not enjoying the Celtic's play or is it just frustrating you with what they're not doing? I think a 6-2 record is pretty good for the team so far. Loses coming on back to backs which isn't a surprise.

I actually could imagine fans of the '69 team being upset with their play, I think they only won 49 games in the regular season. Doesn't matter where a team finishes so much these days, providing they make the playoffs and are healthy for when they begin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Cs have gained quite some respect in the playoffs from Cs fans and other people worldwide. I travelled to Pheonix and Portland during the first round of playoffs and wactched a couple of Cs games in the airport. Some people in the airport bars asked me whether or not I believed Cs would beat Orland and/or Cleveland to be in the finals. I said YES. Honestly NONE of the people I talked to believed so.

This year the posts on the board are actually less negative compared to last year. Fans understand the two losses so far are partly due to the back-to-back schedule and on the road. The dallas game is almost a comeback win.

At least so far NO faker fans, or detorit fans, or Cleveland fans humiliate Cs fans on this board.

I like the criticisms.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

RUWorthy, you do make a good point.  I think there is a part of me that is frustrated with how they are playing.  They are 6-2 but could easily be 4-4 (two very close OT wins against the Bucks and Bulls).  And honestly, we could have lost to the Knicks in the 105-101 win AT HOME.  Turnovers have been an issue over the past two seasons but it was often negated by our lockdown defense.  Our defense is not what it was the past 3 years - not yet.

Bottom line, I'm not really enjoying the Celtics play, even at 6-2.  We have yet to play one complete game outside of Detroit.  And my response to "igot" was that watching this Celtics team is definitely not as much fun as watching the 2007/2008 and 2008/2009 teams.

We will have back-to-backs all season.  I'm just not one who accepts the losses in part because they are back-to-back games.  I just don't use that as a excuse for not executing and closing out games.  Championship teams WIN those games just like games when they've had two days rest.

Sections
Shortcuts