WHERE ARE YOU DOOMERS ON JO NOW?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

WHERE ARE YOU DOOMERS ON JO NOW?

where are the doomers now on this board who repeatedly wrote that shaq would be back way before jo and that we shouldnt even count on the fat lazy and slow jo and that he was a worthless signing and bla bla?  jo looks more cut and now that his knee is feeling better. he's now been able to work out more and he clearly has better lift from the surgery. he could be the difference between a first-round loss and a ring. even when hurt earlier this year, jo was a great defender, now i expect him to totally own the paint while contributing as he hasnt such earlier last year on offense!

in the meantime, shaq is awol well at least til sunday or tuesday or the end of next week or by the first-round or before the conference finals. hopefully both o'neals will be ready come playoff time. shaq may be the most indispensable guy who doesnt need practice or chemistry with anyone to be successful. as long as he can move and is still 7'1 of pain and muscle, he can contribute! shaq will be back but jo will be more reliable. trouble willl be figuring out how to give krstic some minutes! never mind, that injury he had looked sick. even if he can come back, he has given doc an out. he will miss a few games at the least. his game needs lots of practice and time to find a rhythm. things change that quickly. come playoff time having both healthy o'neals and baby may be important!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Re: WHERE ARE YOU DOOMERS ON JO NOW?

Hes been back for a half of a game and has played above average.

Happy to see him back though because were going to need everyone to win it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Same place all of the new doomers who now claim Shaq won't be back at all.

Let's wait for the facts to come in......and we may have Shaq and JON with no Krstic!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I was one who thought JON would not be returning to contribute this season.

I admit I was wrong and I'm glad I was wrong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

In Response to Re: WHERE ARE YOU DOOMERS ON JO NOW?:
    Hes been back for a half of a game and has played above average. Happy to see him back though because were going to need everyone to win it. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn

Let me eat some crow real fast.

JO went from above average to playing very good tonight.

Great to see that he will be able to help us in the hunt for another banner. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" he could be the difference between a first-round loss and a ring."

I don't agree with that at all. however, I do think that with Shaq back as well, JO could be a meaningful contributor to our team. I never ruled him out or said Shaq would be back first, so I won't sweat that part of your post. I did say Shaq was a more important piece for us and that's still true.

"shaq may be the most indispensable guy who doesnt need practice or chemistry with anyone to be successful." not entirely true, he needs a bit of time to get into game shape. I hope you don't believe he can run into a conference finals game and be successful. He needs some warmup time. The first round might suffice if we are playing a bad team. 

Again I believe our chances at a ring now come down to Shaq, hopefully either he gets healthy or I'm wrong. JO looks good on the down side Murphy looks like a total waste of life.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

"  he could be the difference between a first-round loss and a ring." I don't agree with that at all. however, I do think that with Shaq back as well, JO could be a meaningful contributor to our team. I never ruled him out or said Shaq would be back first, so I won't sweat that part of your post. I did say Shaq was a more important piece for us and that's still true. "shaq may be the most indispensable guy who doesnt need practice or chemistry with anyone to be successful." not entirely true, he needs a bit of time to get into game shape. I hope you don't believe he can run into a conference finals game and be successful. He needs some warmup time. The first round might suffice if we are playing a bad team.  Again I believe our chances at a ring now come down to Shaq, hopefully either he gets healthy or I'm wrong. JO looks good on the down side Murphy looks like a total waste of life.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker
    your comments on murph sound like many here on JO. let jeff green go down, and murph will quickly show his worth. not as
    athletic but can be very productive in hos own way. hope we re-sign him for next year as we did with daniels this year. second, all players need time to rev up. shaq may be amongst those who need the least to contribute for us. his offfense and even passing may take time but for him to smack someone in the nose doesnt. the same with boxing out and rebounding. his best asset for us is being 7'1 and 350 or so pounds of desire! as doc says, you cant coach height, length  or girth!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

good for JO. but i'll feel better about him after his knee is fine in the morning, he proceeds to play and contribute tomorrow night, and then his knee is also fine sat morning.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Agree with you on Murph, C-C.  He's fallen prey to the injury bug.  He can definitely help this team if or when healthy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Happy he looked good tonight.  Then again everyone looked good tonight.  I just don't think the spurs are playing well defensively right now.  Definitely a step in the right direction though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

The spurs play in the west where everyone scores in the hundreds, its a track meet and a couple teams can d up, and thats L.A. and OKC now stepping up, I wouldnt sleep on them....but we know who the money matchup is....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

I was one who thought JON would not be returning to contribute this season. I admit I was wrong and I'm glad I was wrong.
    Posted by Petey62

classy response

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Doomers only got two speeds -- slow and backwards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

WHEN healthy, we are a formidable team - that is what I"VE been saying all year.  Shaq, JON, Krstic, KG, Baby, PP and Green is THE best frontcourt in the NBA!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

WHEN healthy, we are a formidable team - that is what I"VE been saying all year.  Shaq, JON, Krstic, KG, Baby, PP and Green is THE best frontcourt in the NBA!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The only thing you can say about that team is:

This team is yet to lose a series!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

JO played a great game... ive been waiting for this for a while considering i love the toughness and the defense he brings...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

It's never been IF JON will be back it's always HOW LONG.

Well it's about time. It looks like he lost weight. TIme for Murf to step up as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Happy he looked good tonight.  Then again everyone looked good tonight.  I just don't think the spurs are playing well defensively right now.  Definitely a step in the right direction though.
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan

I am very optimistic about Jermaine.  Hopefully, he can continue to contribute for the remainder of the season and especially during the playoffs. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhajra. Show dhajra's posts

I'm another one who didn't think JO would play again this year, and I'm happy if I was wrong.  He looked good last night, and I hope it continues.  However, I think it will take a few games before we know if the knee will really hold up through the playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts