Re: Where do Kobe and Lebron rank?

In response to TommyRules's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

In response to TommyRules' comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Bird was better than Kobe.

Bird was also a great athlete until he hurt his back.

Watch the 50 Greatest Moments of Larry Bird.

Bird was a great athlete?

He wasn't even an average athlete in the NBA.

He wasn't even a below average athlete for NBA standards.

He was a poor athlete.

He was above average, quick feet. strong, with great vision. He could dominate a game without scoring, his Basketball IQ was off the charts. His teamates liked and respected him. 

Bird was basketball greatness personified. 

ONLY a Celtics fan would think Bird was an above average NBA athlete.

If Bird played in a YMCA league then I would agree with you.

more to being an athlete than running and jumping. bird had unprecedented hand eye coordination and vision. It is what made him such a transcedent player. and he was never second fiddle on his team. 

Unprecedented hand/eye coordination? Compared to who?

How do you measure that against other players?

That still doesn't mean he was a great or good athlete.

Would you say that someone that can stack and unstack solo cups with great speed is a great athlete?

Running fast and jumping high are not the only criteria for being an athlete. Bird played over 40 minutes a game constantly moving . He wasn’t fast yet was able to get shots off. He couldn't jump but was able to rebound with the best of them. There is a lot more that makes up an athlete including the will to win and be the best at what you do. After winning the championship and league MVP, Bird wanted to improve and spent his summer learning the shoot at a high level with his left hand. You want to tell me that someone who accomplishes greatness in a sport is not an athlete? You sir have a lot to learn! Jerry rice was a great athlete but Bird would school him on the court

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to taz1956's comment:

Running fast and jumping high are not the only criteria for being an athlete. Bird played over 40 minutes a game constantly moving . He wasn’t fast yet was able to get shots off. He couldn't jump but was able to rebound with the best of them. There is a lot more that makes up an athlete including the will to win and be the best at what you do. After winning the championship and league MVP, Bird wanted to improve and spent his summer learning the shoot at a high level with his left hand. You want to tell me that someone who accomplishes greatness in a sport is not an athlete? You sir have a lot to learn! Jerry rice was a great athlete but Bird would school him on the court

Exactly. As I said earlier, the uneducated fan considers athleticism only to be the ability to run fast and jump high. They don't understand things like endurance, strength and quickness.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Exactly. As I said earlier, the uneducated fan considers athleticism only to be the ability to run fast and jump high. They don't understand things like endurance, strength and quickness.

Well said - "stout fellow"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Not only was it authentic frontier gibberish ...

...it expressed a feeling seldom seen in these parts.  WHAT ARE WE MADE OF?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Your remember when Richard Dix came in here and tried to take over this town?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Your remember when Richard Dix came in here and tried to take over this town?

He was one of the funniest guys in that whole movie!!!

All right.....we'll give some land to the N's and the C's......but we DON'T want the Irish!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Bird was better than Kobe.

Bird was also a great athlete until he hurt his back.

Watch the 50 Greatest Moments of Larry Bird.

Kirk I taped this show awhile back in November. As much as I loved Bird then when I saw that show I realized he was even greater than I had imagined.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

So, Bird had more endurance, strength and quickness compared to Kobe and LeBron?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

ROFLMAO?? How old are  you?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

So, Bird had more endurance, strength and quickness compared to Kobe and LeBron?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

ROFLMAO?? How old are  you?

It's not a question of age, really...............in human years, he's about 40.....emotionally...not so much

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

Still waiting for Lebron to win 5 rings and score 81 in a single game.

MJ couldn't even score 70 in a single game. 

Bird.... ROTFLMAO!!!

Stay blessed!

You and Tommy are obviously in the same home room.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

Still waiting for Lebron to win 5 rings and score 81 in a single game.

MJ couldn't even score 70 in a single game. 

Bird.... ROTFLMAO!!!

Stay blessed!

Harangody was more athletic than Bird. 

LMAO!! OMG!! LOL!!! WADSYA!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Kobe 5. Bird 3. 'nuff said.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to lakersavenger's comment:

Kobe 5. Bird 3. 'nuff said.

Kobe didn't have to go against Magic.

Sections
Shortcuts