Where is Delonte?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Where is Delonte?

Delonte is really starting to worry me. This guy comes back from a broken wrist. Teases us by playing great in the first Clipper game and then twists his ankle in a walk through.

Excuse me for being skeptical but this ankle injury has gone on way too long.

There has to be something more to this and the Celtics as usual are not being helpful.  This season is on the brink if Delonte does not come back.  With his troubled past it is only logical to wonder that something else is going on with him.

We need this guy very badly.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from j73401. Show j73401's posts

Re: Where is Delonte?

WHAT IS REALLY GOIN ON WITH WEST?I SMELL A RAT!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I agree.  There is something more going on that the Celtics are keeping "mum" about.  It is unfortunate that the Celtics are so secretive with their injuries.  If he's more seriously injured, report it because nobody believes Delonte has been out all this time because of a "twisted ankle" sustained during a walk-through.

Speaking of ankles, I saw Kobe completely "turn" his ankle in the 3rd quarter yesterday.  It was a very ugly twist.  I knew he was injured seriously yet, he went into the locker room and RETURNED sometime in the 4th.  Yet Delonte twists his ankle during a walk-through two weeks ago and he hasn't been seen SINCE. 

Something is seriously wrong with this picture.  I, too, smell a rat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lani234. Show lani234's posts

Delonte West set for Wednesday return. Still a bit sore. Said he didn't think he'd be out this long and eager to get (and stay) back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Lani,
    Glad to hear it but I will believe when I see it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

West must be more seriously injured than they are letting on because if it was just this little "knick knack" they would be playing him. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Where is Delonte?:
    [QUOTE]Delonte is really starting to worry me. This guy comes back from a broken wrist. Teases us by playing great in the first Clipper game and then twists his ankle in a walk through. Excuse me for being skeptical but this ankle injury has gone on way too long. There has to be something more to this and the Celtics as usual are not being helpful.  This season is on the brink if Delonte does not come back.  With his troubled past it is only logical to wonder that something else is going on with him. We need this guy very badly.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

He has been working on his shooting, hopefully he has been wearing earplugs.........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Guys, there's nothing smelly here.  The Celtics are VERY consistent.  When a player is out, they hold him out until he's really healthy and there's no swelling.  When Rondo was out, he was out longer than we thought he would be.  Same with KG when he was out (remember folks just swore the Celts were hiding something about his injury - but Doc was consistent in not letting him play until he could prove in multiple practices he was ok).   Perk wanted to come back sooner than he did.  Shaq stayed out longer than he says he should (at least publicly).  Now its Delonte.

Celts are consistent in holding people out so that they don't have the same injury re-occur.  Delonte will be back when he can play without swelling too much.  Nothing fishy here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

If you guys smell something fishy it's not Delonte West, it's John SALMONS!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Where is Delonte?:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of ankles, I saw Kobe completely "turn" his ankle in the 3rd quarter yesterday.  It was a very ugly twist.  I knew he was injured seriously yet, he went into the locker room and RETURNED sometime in the 4th.  Yet Delonte twists his ankle during a walk-through two weeks ago and he hasn't been seen SINCE.  Something is seriously wrong with this picture.  I, too, smell a rat.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Petey, that's the difference between players like Bryant and West.

The best players in the game, even the players with a lot of heart get on out there and keep playing.

West has been a nowhere man for Boston this season. Perhaps he'll come good in the post season?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Well, I don't think Kobe would be playing if he had a broken wrist, either and that's the majority of West's minutes.  So, this is an irrelevant comparison.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

It is sad but West is going to have a hard time if healthy for the rest of the year. He just has not had the time to get into the groove that would have made it very probable that we would get 18.  If he had had a good year he would be taking a large part of Rondo's minutes by now, but I don't see that happening and that makes us negative when we play heat or lakers and Koby or Wade guard Rondo and everybody else.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Maryngary, I think you underestimate Doc's ability to bring the team together over the next 2 months.  I bet when the playoffs start, you'll see a team hitting on all cylinders and subs playing a critical role in the wins.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

These conpiracy theories remind me of the folks who think the government blew up the Towers. Have any of you ever played sports? There are varying degrees of ankle sprains. Some take longer to recover from than others. Sniping about injuries is childish. Oh, and Delonte`s broken wrist had nothing to do with Lebums`s mother. LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

With Arroyo and Green do we need to rush back West?  I want to see Wafer back!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

It really blows that West has on played 8 games all f*&% year and Rondo & Ray have had to log so many minutes but I would still rather have Delonte than Wafer any day.

I guess the silver-lining is that this ankle injury has allowed his wrist to heal more, so he can't use that as an excuse anymore!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I like West and Wafer.  Both can play.  Wafer has shown that of late.

Sections
Shortcuts