Where is Jimmer Fredette?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Where is Jimmer Fredette?

Is it time for Jimmer Fredette to consider picking up a bigger paycheck in Europe?

A number of readers just screamed “NNNOOOOO!” There are a lot of fans out there convinced the former BYU star is just not getting a chance, the man is holding him down. They pick their spots and point to specific games — hey, on April 14 Fredette had 17 points to lead the Bulls bench against the Magic, he deserves more of a chance.

But don’t you think the fact four coaches — Paul Westphal, Keith Smart, Mike Malone and Tom Thibodeau — will not put him on the court much when the game matters says a lot about Fredette’s game? The question isn’t if Fredette can shoot, he can, but it’s the other end — the second he steps on the court other teams go at his defense. He’s not good on that end. To put it kindly. That is what glues him to the bench.

Fredette is a free agent and likely will take a minimum (or close to it) deal to latch on with a team and try to get his chance. But he has other options, as Sportando notes.

Fredette’s game may fit better overseas.

I don’t think he lets his NBA dream go just yet. He can shoot — career 40 percent from three — and that skill will get you chances. Maybe he can improve his defense enough to get off the bench. But if things don’t change, Fredette may eventually need to consider a payday overseas, where he would be a highly-valued, higher-priced player.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Where is Jimmer Fredette?

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If there's one thing that can't improve, it's defense.

You can learn to shoot better.

But to defend better is almost impossible.

Jimmer has been in the NBA for 3 years now.

His defense is what it is.

[/QUOTE]

I agree - BUT -  Man was Jimmer fun to watch during his days at BYU!

Kid can flat out shoot!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Needs to get an adult name.  Sounds like a friend of Beaver Cleaver.  Jimmer Fredette and Eddie Haskell.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah... thats absolutely NOT TRUE.  Clearly you never actually played organized basketball at a high level.   Defense can be taught.  First and foremost you need athleticism (includes lateral quickness) which can't be taught, and it's ALWAYS good to have length which also can't be taught, But then, and most importantly, you need to learn and practice the fundamentals of good defense.  How to position the body. How to stay in balance.  How to cut off passing lanes.  How to read foot positioning, etc. etc..  All that can be taught.  Players like James Young (who is athletic and long) was awful defensively for Kentucky last year.  Why? because he never learned the fundamentals and advanced techniques in high school.   He was drafted at 17 because he has all the physical tools to become a great defensive player once he learns the fundamentals and techniques from Brad.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Jimmer on the other hand does not have the physical tools to ever become an elite or even adequate defender in the NBA.  Neither did Morrison.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

H'e too short for the off guard with no ability to D up ANY NBA Guard. He's too short for the 2 guard and doesn't have enough handle to be a point. He stuck on the bench because God made him 6'2" instead of 6'6"

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah... thats absolutely NOT TRUE.  Clearly you never actually played organized basketball at a high level.   Defense can be taught.  First and foremost you need athleticism (includes lateral quickness) which can't be taught, and it's ALWAYS good to have length which also can't be taught, But then, and most importantly, you need to learn and practice the fundamentals of good defense.  How to position the body. How to stay in balance.  How to cut off passing lanes.  How to read foot positioning, etc. etc..  All that can be taught.  Players like James Young (who is athletic and long) was awful defensively for Kentucky last year.  Why? because he never learned the fundamentals and advanced techniques in high school.   He was drafted at 17 because he has all the physical tools to become a great defensive player once he learns the fundamentals and techniques from Brad.    

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Amen Brotha!!! I've been hard on Young but he can learn D despite his lack of lateral movement and he will HAVE TOO if he doesn't want to follow the same career path As Jimmer" My Star is Dimmer" Fredette..... Although I'm afraid Mr Young will never know the joys of having a right hand.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

WHO CARES ABOUT JIMMER FREDETTE !

LET'S SEE WHAT AUSTIN RIVERS CAN DO IN THE EDDIE HOUSE ROLE FOR THE CELTICS.....

ALSO, TELL ME THAT AINGE SIGNED CENTER PATRIC YOUNG OF FLORIDA AS AN UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT !

SERIOUSLY, WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT JIMMER FREDETTE ON A CELTICS MESSAGE BOARD ? IF UTAH WON'T SIGN HIM, WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU ? OF COURSE HE SHOULD GO TO EUROPE AND MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS HE CAN, BUT WHO CARES ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Let me repeat for those who can't seem to comprehend or admit that they are wrong.  

This is a false statement - "you can't teach defense."

You CAN TEACH DEFENSE to certain players.

Elite athletes (like Young) with the physical tools (like speed and length) CAN LEARN how to play good defense.  It requires knowledge, commitment and practice to defensive fundamentals and techniques.

However, some gifted players (like Jimmer) will never become good defensive players because they don't have the requisite physical capability regardless of their commitment and knowledge of fundamentals and techniques.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LET'S SEE WHAT AUSTIN RIVERS CAN DO IN THE EDDIE HOUSE ROLE FOR THE CELTICS.....

ALSO, TELL ME THAT AINGE SIGNED CENTER PATRIC YOUNG OF FLORIDA AS AN UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT !

SERIOUSLY, WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT JIMMER FREDETTE ON A CELTICS MESSAGE BOARD ? IF UTAH WON'T SIGN HIM, WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU ? OF COURSE HE SHOULD GO TO EUROPE AND MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS HE CAN, BUT WHO CARES ?

[/QUOTE]

This post was about him.  Mabey that is why they were talking about him.  There are many post that could address your concerns.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Austin sucks but doesn't know it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Needs to get an adult name.  Sounds like a friend of Beaver Cleaver.  Jimmer Fredette and Eddie Haskell.

[/QUOTE]

LMFAO!

THIS^

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

PLEASE, STOP YELLING!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

What was that, whadja say ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

If Meeks gets 3yrs / $19-mil - some team will likely sign Jimmer!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

GK - I hear Jimmer will be Kobe's replacement! Is this true?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jimmer would have to go to Germany to get his knees fixed first...then he'd be just like Kobe...well, maybe he'd also have to take a side trip to Colorado to play some golf first and ask for the hostess to "fix his TV for him " (wink, wink)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

He is just as good as I Thomas who we seem to be after and willing to give up Rondo?????????????

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jimmer would have to go to Germany to get his knees fixed first...then he'd be just like Kobe...well, maybe he'd also have to take a side trip to Colorado to play some golf first and ask for the hostess to "fix his TV for him " (wink, wink)

[/QUOTE]

Good one!! Jimmer would also have to learn to "not pass the ball" 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

I wish be had him, he would be better than the midgets we have and are seeking.

Sections
Shortcuts