Where was Bass' one handed dunk?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Where was Bass' one handed dunk?

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

I agree (90+ percent), as supported by available pics and video's online. 

You agree 90+ on what?

BB secures a majority of his rebounds and dunks the ball with two hands (as supported by available pics / vidoes).

Bingo!

Bingo is Right Fierce.  I never said that he didn't.  Did I?  Like I have said numerous times I have been watching Bass since his Dallas days,  seen him in person quite a few times,  I know his game just as well or better than you.  I have actually seen him improve as a player.

Are you through yet?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I agree (90+ percent), as supported by available pics and video's online. 

You agree 90+ on what?

BB secures a majority of his rebounds and dunks the ball with two hands (as supported by available pics / vidoes).

Bingo!

Bingo is Right Fierce.  I never said that he didn't.  Did I?  Like I have said numerous times I have been watching Bass since his Dallas days,  seen him in person quite a few times,  I know his game just as well or better than you.  I have actually seen him improve as a player.

Are you through yet?

Another point missed by ' Mr. Sagacious' is the fact that Bass always jumps off of both feet. One can save time by jumping off of one foot which is a fundamental move done by most players from elementary school on down. Why has this been ignored and the fact that he uses 2 hands harped on unmercifully? You be the judge!

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Changing it again.  don't care if its a dunk or a layup,  point is it was one handed.  Something you said he doesn't do.   Your just pissed because you don't know about rebounding and want to change the subject.   Here is some info for you.  You are easy.

When the ball hits the rim, find your guy and make contact! Obviously if he is way off from the rim, stay inside and wait for the rebound. Don't be afraid to make contact, but don't use your arms to push, use your body to advance. So to be a good rebounder, always assume a shot will never go in and be ready in rebounding position.

When boxing out, find your man as soon as a shot goes up. Pivot in the most comfortable and efficient way you can, into an athletic position that looks like you are sitting on a chair. Immediately your arms go up, your elbows go out and your hands get ready to grab the ball. We discussed above the reasons for getting your arms up and hands ready (see skills). The purpose for getting your elbows out is NOT to hit anyone, but it does make you wider and more difficult to go around. In this position, bump your man with your butt and then go after the ball.

Notice they said hands and not hand?

When the ball comes off the player goes to it, jumps as high as he can and grabs the ball with both hands.

Read more: Basketball Rebounding Drills for Kids 

Arms

Keep your arms spread with your elbows bent so your arms make an "L" shape. Your palms should be up and facing the basket, your fingers spread, and your elbows should be slightly lower than your shoulders.

This position prepares you to protect your body and grab a ball that comes off the rim real quick. It also makes you "bigger" by taking up more space, and it prevents you from getting called for pushing fouls.

When the shot goes up extend your arms fully and grab it at the peak of your jump. If you want the ball, you have to reach up for it. You won't get it if you wait for it to come down to you.

Jerk the ball out of the air with both hands and bring it under your chin with your elbows out like chicken wings. This creates space between you and your opponent, but you're not allowed to swing your elbows.

OK now Fierce,  here is the less for today.  As I said they don't teach you to push off with one hand for a rebound.  You following this yet?

I get it. I don't disagree with what you're saying because that's rebounding fundamentals. But there are times that you can rebound the ball with one hand, right?

Again, why are you shifting the focus on rebounding techniques when the title of the thread is simply asking where was Bass' one handed dunk last night.

So where is it, OneOnOne, where's Bass' one handed dunk?

I'm asking because apparently you're the only one who imagined Bass having a one handed dunk last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtGBIOEf7ro&list=FLJjJgbLFjvdmFc8JXyZnUFQ&index=4&feature=plpp_video

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

It's also stupid to say that no coach will teach you to rebound with one hand. Really?

Players don't reach for the ball with one hand then secure it with the other hand?

The difference between Bass and other rebounders is Bass needs to go up for a rebound with both hands up. That's not fundamentally sound because you negate your standing reach. You maximize your wingspan stretching your arms to get the ball. Of course when the ball is already in your hand you have to use the other hand to secure it. Bass does NOT do that!

Well I guess you were right GK,  he really is Clueless.  I guess I have seen it all now.  I guess Che was right as well with this Shotgun formation.

Yes he is. That's why we all know him by Clueless34 AKA Bandwagon34 AKA Debbie Downer34. He is simply Clueless...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

GK - lets try something a bit more Laker focused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSbFgt0wp_4

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

What a silly argument.Lets talk about the team performance without garnett and about the 2 new players and Jeff Green monster game.Go celtics.

Changing it again.  don't care if its a dunk or a layup,  point is it was one handed.  Something you said he doesn't do.   Your just pissed because you don't know about rebounding and want to change the subject.   Here is some info for you.  You are easy.

When the ball hits the rim, find your guy and make contact! Obviously if he is way off from the rim, stay inside and wait for the rebound. Don't be afraid to make contact, but don't use your arms to push, use your body to advance. So to be a good rebounder, always assume a shot will never go in and be ready in rebounding position.

When boxing out, find your man as soon as a shot goes up. Pivot in the most comfortable and efficient way you can, into an athletic position that looks like you are sitting on a chair. Immediately your arms go up, your elbows go out and your hands get ready to grab the ball. We discussed above the reasons for getting your arms up and hands ready (see skills). The purpose for getting your elbows out is NOT to hit anyone, but it does make you wider and more difficult to go around. In this position, bump your man with your butt and then go after the ball.

Notice they said hands and not hand?

When the ball comes off the player goes to it, jumps as high as he can and grabs the ball with both hands.

Read more: Basketball Rebounding Drills for Kids 

Arms

Keep your arms spread with your elbows bent so your arms make an "L" shape. Your palms should be up and facing the basket, your fingers spread, and your elbows should be slightly lower than your shoulders.

This position prepares you to protect your body and grab a ball that comes off the rim real quick. It also makes you "bigger" by taking up more space, and it prevents you from getting called for pushing fouls.

When the shot goes up extend your arms fully and grab it at the peak of your jump. If you want the ball, you have to reach up for it. You won't get it if you wait for it to come down to you.

Jerk the ball out of the air with both hands and bring it under your chin with your elbows out like chicken wings. This creates space between you and your opponent, but you're not allowed to swing your elbows.

OK now Fierce,  here is the less for today.  As I said they don't teach you to push off with one hand for a rebound.  You following this yet?

I get it. I don't disagree with what you're saying because that's rebounding fundamentals. But there are times that you can rebound the ball with one hand, right?

Again, why are you shifting the focus on rebounding techniques when the title of the thread is simply asking where was Bass' one handed dunk last night.

So where is it, OneOnOne, where's Bass' one handed dunk?

I'm asking because apparently you're the only one who imagined Bass having a one handed dunk last night.

Again,  it may have been a layup,  who cares, point was you said he couldn't anything one handed.  He did.  plain and simple.  I might have been wrong,  it may have been a layup,  I will watch and again and see.   The whole point of this Fierce is you comparing Sully to Bass.  There is no comparison in the rebounding department.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Any evidence that these so called "one-handed plays" by Bass might have been photo-shopped?

We've got fierce's cred hanging in the balance.

This is important.

Pud

Indeed, vital. I'll analyse this photo in depth and write up a detailed report.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Fierces obssession with flooding message boards and repeating to everyone he was right probably has a clinical description...  I just call him pathetic.  I've mopped him up regarding basketball many, many times but he keeps posting nonsense to flood the board and dilute others posts..

Since he states so many opinions about everything, he's got a 50/50 shot about being right about something... sometimes he takes both  sides of the argument so he can copynpaste tha tpost to show everyone how smart he is..

Ive stopped coming here as often as I used to cause IM sick of filtering thru his garbage and others repsonses.. hes no better than a troll starving for attention...  I pity the poor fella but it doesnt mean I have to tolerate him anymore.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

One last quote

"It cant' be corrected.

You also notice that Bass also has no jump hook or a one-handed shot? 

Or how about every time Bass dunks the ball, I've never seen Brandon Bass dunk with one hand.

Bass needs to do everything with two hands.

See what a hypocrite you are!

You apologize to everyone and yet here you are again.

HAHAHA

Fierce I got flushed out.  You know about getting flushed out don't you?   You know when you make a bet and don't honor it?   I had to come back because I got "flushed out".

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Do you really want me to look up the "bet" and the flush out?

You know the bet you made about staying gone until October?  The one about a real hypocrite.

Do you really want me to start a thread on that too?  Then start my shotgun spraying of different things to cover up?  You know what I am talking about.  Everyone here knows what I am talking about.

ROTFLMAO 

Asking GK for Help?    HAHAHAHAH   Argue with GK everyday and then begging for help?  HAHAHAHAHA

posted at 2/23/2013 9:57 AM EST

• Fierce34
    • First: 12/2/2009
    • Last: 2/23/2013

Hey GK, I know you watch Celtic games. Did you see Bass execute a one handed dunk against the Suns last night?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Do you really want me to look up the "bet" and the flush out?

You know the bet you made about staying gone until October?  The one about a real hypocrite.

Do you really want me to start a thread on that too?  Then start my shotgun spraying of different things to cover up?  You know what I am talking about.  Everyone here knows what I am talking about.

ROTFLMAO 

Asking GK for Help?    HAHAHAHAH   Argue with GK everyday and then begging for help?  HAHAHAHAHA

posted at 2/23/2013 9:57 AM EST

• Fierce34
    • First: 12/2/2009
    • Last: 2/23/2013

Hey GK, I know you watch Celtic games. Did you see Bass execute a one handed dunk against the Suns last night?

Everybody here already knows the mistake I made last season. If you want to dig that up then be my guest.

I mean it's a fact that the wingnut Mployee flushed me out. Even breaktime apologized for accusing me of being someone else. But feel free to dig up old posts. 

Asking GK for help? Wasn't it you who brought GK into this discussion?

Come on, man, you apologized to the people here and said you won't continue with this discussion. But here you are, going back on your word.

This thread is self-explanatory. Just tell us if Bass had a one handed dunk last night. 

You said you would review the game to check if Bass really had a one handed dunk last night. So did you see a one handed dunk from Bass last night?

If you did not see a one handed dunk from Bass last night then GET A CLUE!

Want to bet?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Just ignore the troll (aka fierce), he'll keep making up stuff you allegedly said and basically ruin a thread, like he already did to this one and many others. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Just ignore the troll (aka fierce), he'll keep making up stuff you allegedly said and basically ruin a thread, like he already did to this one and many others. 

Karlost,  this was a stupid thread from the word go.  Just a diversion from what was being discussed in the first place. Pretty common practice from Fierce. Then it never ends,  it continues until you get tired of posting (or in my case,  have other things to do).  I had told myself I wouldn't indulge in this type activity again but I failed.  Someone has to be involved each day though and today it was me.  Tomorrow it will be someone else.  It gets old very fast. 

This will be my last post on this thread as I will not even read a response.  If I do I would probably end up retaliating.   I know there will be other posts to follow this one but I won't know what they are.

And Fierce,  I did watch replay and it was a layup not dunk. The point of course was that Bass can do things with one hand, not to lie about something.   Of course others showed that he had dunked with one had.  And we both know this wasn't the argument in the first place,  just a diversion from the original topic on basic rebounding in which you were wrong.  Then you top it off with a lie that I didn't agree that Bass does most things two handed.  Everyone that watches the game knows he normally does that.

Now post away,  but as I said I won't be reading the reply.  If you hurry you may be able to get 20 more posts on this thread before it goes away.

BTW who will be the sparring partner tomorrow?   Che,  GK,  Acie,  Rame,  Eldunker, Cfan, Karlost, Jamez,  etc, etc, etc. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts