Where would the Celtics be without Garnet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Where would the Celtics be without Garnet?

Hard to believe that Ray Allen was not mentioned as one of the 2 superstars that came to Boston in the summer of 2007.

"No, But KG's coming to Boston resulted in the biggest turn around in NBA history.
    Bigger than Bird coming to Boston, and bigger than Duncan going to the Spurs."

posted at 2/21/2011 1:08 AM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=703f6c390d1505b17f3f17962a58eba4&plckUserId=703f6c390d1505b17f3f17962a58eba4">
    First: 1/25/2010
    Last: 2/22/2011
    No, But KG's coming to Boston resulted in the biggest turn around in NBA history.
    Bigger than Bird coming to Boston, and bigger than Duncan going to the Spurs. 

The Big three, or now big four, all all great players, and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. The difference that KG brought to the Celtics was leadership. Team focus on defense, and selfless pick your poison offense. His stature before coming to the Celtics, and then his focus on the team, and team play, made the other stars fall in to line. As Pierce said in 2008, KG changed the culture of the Celtics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: Where would the Celtics be without Garnet?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Where would the Celtics be without Garnet? : I have gone through this kind of exercise in the past:  I list all 5 Celtics starters and then go player by player and try to assess the other players in their respective positions around the league and try to determine how many players could step in for player X and the Cs would not miss a beat. So take Pierce as an example:  How many guys in the league could he be replaced by and would the Cs be better / worse / no worse off.  I think I can only come up with one or two where they would be better or no worse off - LeBron, Durant, maybe 'melo. With KG I think it might only be Amare, Timmy. With Ray it is Kobe, Wade, maybe Joe Johnson With Rondo a dozen guys and ditto for Perk
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Dudder,

I know you're a Rondo hater.

Rondo could not be replaced with a dozen players so get off the pot. Rondo has his shooting issues but with time on his side at 24 he'll improve. As a point guard on this team he's not easily replaceable. He runs the offense as well as any PG in the league is among the best defensive PG, rebounds with the best PGs etc. What's your problem. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

"Where would the Celtics be without Garnet?

The same place they would be without Pierce.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

P34 either you do not read the posts, do not understand what they say, or you lie about what you have read. Which is it?

I have never claimed what you say I claimed.

It always takes a team, and everyone is important. Some have major impacts on the play of the team such as Pierce, Allen, and Rondo. The difference that makes is of supreme importance to the team. He offers leadership. The defensive focus of the team, and the selfless offense of the team, come from his leadership. Those traits are what make these the Celtics the Celtics. Does he deserve more credit for that? I think he does.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Two out of three ain't bad Jump.  I think he does read the posts!!  But i'm not sure he understands them, and i know he lies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]P34 either you do not read the posts, do not understand what they say, or you lie about what you have read. Which is it? I have never claimed what you say I claimed. It always takes a team, and everyone is important. Some have major impacts on the play of the team such as Pierce, Allen, and Rondo. The difference that makes is of supreme importance to the team. He offers leadership. The defensive focus of the team, and the selfless offense of the team, come from his leadership. Those traits are what make these the Celtics the Celtics. Does he deserve more credit for that? I think he does.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me?

"No, But KG's coming to Boston resulted in the biggest turn around in NBA history.
    Bigger than Bird coming to Boston, and bigger than Duncan going to the Spurs."

You already forgot who said that, Jump?

Isn't it true that KG and Ray joined forces with Pierce to form the new Big 3 and it resulted in the biggest turn around in NBA history?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] Two out of three ain't bad Jump.  I think he does read the posts!!  But i'm not sure he understands them, and i know he lies.
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Is this the part where you ask your big brother to fight for you? Or you just love to kiss Jump's bum?

HAHAHA!!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]P34 either you do not read the posts, do not understand what they say, or you lie about what you have read. Which is it? I have never claimed what you say I claimed. It always takes a team, and everyone is important. Some have major impacts on the play of the team such as Pierce, Allen, and Rondo. The difference that makes is of supreme importance to the team. He offers leadership. The defensive focus of the team, and the selfless offense of the team, come from his leadership. Those traits are what make these the Celtics the Celtics. Does he deserve more credit for that? I think he does.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

READ WHAT YOU POSTED!

Didn't you say KG is responsible for the biggest turn around in NBA history?

How about Ray and Pierce, are they not two-thirds of the Big 3? 

Saying that KG is responsible for the biggest turn around in NBA history is only one-third of the story!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Link:   http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/211293/Garnetts_Historical_Signature

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Link:   http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/211293/Garnetts_Historical_Signature
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

That's right, KG's signature is his being a great leader. Not because he destroyed Vince Carter in the 2003 All-Star game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

There's no doubt who batman is on the Celtics. KG is the ultimate Batman. I guess that makes Ray Robin, and pierce the joker, Rondo is the Riddler, and Perk would have to be Mr. Freeze!!!   I haven't gone crazy, i just heard Skip on ESPN talking about who would be Batman on the Knicks!!!