WHERE WOULD YOU RANK DIRK AT THIS TIME?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

WHERE WOULD YOU RANK DIRK AT THIS TIME?

i think dirk is in the top 15 over kg ALL-TIME. at this time, i will put him FIRST in the league over wade, d-rose, kobe (diminishing returns) and even chris paul (he hasnt won anything), dwight howard (see cp3). 

lets see, in my HISTORICAL top 20: mj, chamberlain, jabbar, hakeem, shaq, russell, kobe, magic, bird, jerry west, tim duncan, oscar robinson, moses malone, david robinson, dirk, kg, dr. j, paul pierce, havlicek, scottie pippen

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Re: WHERE WOULD YOU RANK DIRK AT THIS TIME?

Dirk's ranking at this time is of course, going to be high.

All-time, he has moved into the top 25.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

world champ

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

NBA Champion.
    Not really World Champion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Ahead of LeChoke

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

With this ring he is for sure on the second level of the all time greats.
    Only the group around MJ, Hakeem etc. is above him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Top 20

If he got another ring top 15. I think it's too late to break top 10.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

In Response to Re: WHERE WOULD YOU RANK DIRK AT THIS TIME?:
    [QUOTE]Top 20 If he got another ring top 15. I think it's too late to break top 10.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Agreed , i put him in the top 25-30 players. The top ten will stay as is for long time. There isnt one young player that commands respect and has enough game to win 4-5 rings , while being the man on his team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to WHERE WOULD YOU RANK DIRK AT THIS TIME?:
    [QUOTE]i think dirk is in the top 15 over kg ALL-TIME. at this time, i will put him FIRST in the league over wade, d-rose, kobe (diminishing returns) and even chris paul (he hasnt won anything), dwight howard (see cp3).  lets see, in my HISTORICAL top 20: mj, chamberlain, jabbar, hakeem, shaq, russell, kobe, magic, bird, jerry west, tim duncan, oscar robinson, moses malone, david robinson, dirk, kg, dr. j, paul pierce, havlicek, scottie pippen
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Wheelchair in this group???? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!! He's never once been voted into the All NBA 1st Team, never been considered the best player in his position in the eastern conference never mind including the Mighty West, and best of all when he led the celtics his team were the clippers of the east!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Dirk is top 15 for me. His ability to lead a team almost singlehandedly for 13 seasons is impressive. What's more, his loyalty to his organization sets him apart from this new generation of stars. From this fading generation, only Duncan, Kobe, Dirk and Pierce are finals mvp's that have spent their entire careers with one team. Dirk has had nowhere near as much help as those players.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Any player that is in the Top 10 at their position is a great accomplishment.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Tim Duncan
    Kevin McHale
    Kevin Garnett
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Karl Malone
    Charles Barkley
    Elvin Hayes
    Bob Pettit
    Dave Debusschere
    Dennis Rodman

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The Dirk Nowitzki band wagon keeps rolling along. Very few of you guys posting list few players prior to 1980. There were some darned good players in the 60's and 70's.  Scottie Pippen and Paul Pierce in the top 20? Pippen was lucky to make into the top 50 due to the time the top 50 was picked. Paul Pierce is a terrific player and belongs in the H.O.F. He doesn't belong in the top 50. Of the current Celtics, only K.G belongs in the alltime top 50 players. Obviously K.G is past his prime, but were talking as a career.
        Where's Elgin Baylor, Wes Unseld, Rick Barry, Pete Maravich, Bob Pettit, Dr.J and others?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

[QUOTE]Dirk is top 15 for me. His ability to lead a team almost singlehandedly for 13 seasons is impressive. What's more, his loyalty to his organization sets him apart from this new generation of stars. From this fading generation, only Duncan, Kobe, Dirk and Pierce are finals mvp's that have spent their entire careers with one team. Dirk has had nowhere near as much help as those players.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOT

Top 15 , really , where did you have him before this. I had him around 40-50 , now ill put him between 25-30. I think everyone needs to relax , i mean the loser that started this thread said LeBron was better than MJ. Everyone needs to relax , top 20 is rare air , Dirk is not a Top 20 Player all time. There are many things you need to look at , first off its his first , again lets relax. Second lets look at who he beat , the Heat absolutely choked and just werent that good of a team. The C's were bang ed up , old , slow , coming off a trade that the players took to heart ( even though Perk is very overrated ) , didnt play D like were used and our 4th qr O really came back to hurt/haunt us. The Bulls really blew their series and i have got much respect for Rose after watching those games. The Heat got almost every 50/50 call in all their series. Amazing the NBA handed them this finals and they blew it. The Heat got all the key calls in the paint even though the Bulls have a better , more talented , physical front court. The Bulls know they gave that away , looking back they know if they kept hitting the Heat , they would break. Rose played 1 against 4 on times , besides Deng nobody showed up on the O end. Get Rose a real # 2 scoring option , get rid of Boozer the loser , keep your core and you have 1-2 rings in 2-4 years. Give Rose a Landry , West type PF and they have a real squad. The Bulls had the best D on the year , Boozer especially couldnt defend the Pick n Roll to save his life. Thibb's did a great job and deserves a lot of credit , aagin i really believe you subtract Boozer , add any better player at that spot and their for real. Again lets take a deep ahhh their we go and look at who the Mavs just beat. James disappeared and was a total bust. He can win 2-3 rings but will never be respected again after this. LOL They actually started Bibby for a few games , besides James who didnt show up. The Heat had no real options on O or D. Dirk went 1 for w/e in the first half while Terry exploded for what 18-19? Where was James then when all the mojo was going towards the Mavs? The Heat had no pg , no low post game at all , no 4th qr o at all. Its tough to give take the Heat seriously after that showing , doesnt matter what they did to us or Chitown. They mailed it in during the finals , made excuses , flopped , cried , bitched , moaned , made fun of a sick Dirk ... again lets relax here. Dirk just put himself inside the top 30-35 players of all time! Just take a look at who he is ahead of , some great great players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

When you can elevate and improve your game 13 years into your career after already receiving an mvp and still have great basketball left in your tank, that sounds like a top 15 player. Along with that, he's the best european of all-time and has redefined his position. This title validates his greatness.

I can't understand your run-on sentences. I'm not arguing with anyone that can't effectively communicate their thoughts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]The Dirk Nowitzki band wagon keeps rolling along. Very few of you guys posting list few players prior to 1980. There were some darned good players in the 60's and 70's.  Scottie Pippen and Paul Pierce in the top 20? Pippen was lucky to make into the top 50 due to the time the top 50 was picked. Paul Pierce is a terrific player and belongs in the H.O.F. He doesn't belong in the top 50. Of the current Celtics, only K.G belongs in the alltime top 50 players. Obviously K.G is past his prime, but were talking as a career.     Where's Elgin Baylor, Wes Unseld, Rick Barry, Pete Maravich, Bob Pettit, Dr.J and others?
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]i have DR. j and elgin baylor in my top 20. but i'm sorry what did unseld, barry, maravich and pettit win. why is george mikan not in the top 20 anymore? for times change. he was the premier big man of his era, more dominant than even wilt for a while. but we must compare eras at some point. look at the qb position in football! these guys are superior in every way than most who cam ebefore. mikan, pettit and the rest have to sink. doc will be coming down soon as well. pip has SIX rings, sorry but that has resonance. pp has one and was the finals mvp. in time, pp will climb even higher as he becomes the celts all-time leading scorer and reaches more individual goals with longetivity. elgin baylor as well is a falling stock. howard, wade and bron will eventually crack the top 20 as well.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

[QUOTE]When you can elevate and improve your game 13 years into your career after already receiving an mvp and still have great basketball left in your tank, that sounds like a top 15 player. Along with that, he's the best european of all-time and has redefined his position. This title validates his greatness. I can't understand your run-on sentences. I'm not arguing with anyone that can't effectively communicate their thoughts.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE

Sorry but being the best european player means nothing. Your talking about the best ball players of all time , where hes from has nothing to do with it ... at all. LOL Why would you even bring that up? Hes top 15 bc hes better than Rick Smits? And name me the top 10 euro players and compare that with the real list , anyones list. How are you going to put someone in the top 15 that doesnt play any D? And again it matters WHO you beat , the HEAT handed the Mavs that series. It should have been a sweep. The Heat blew their load during the previous 2 series and absolutely choked in the finals. Theres no other way you can look at it , a healthy C's or slightly better Bull's team would have taken the Mavs in 5-6. The final game was a perfect example , Dirk was off and that game was right there for the taken. Just like game 2 , 3 , 4. I have Bird 5-10 on my all time list , you really think Dirk is that close to Larry.

Sections
Shortcuts