Where's Harvard?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Where's Harvard?

I think DA is still saying this if asked.   JLin is in his backyard.   ? 5 easy miles from the Garden, down Storrow.   He didn't see that this kid can play!?!?   That's what I mean when I say that DA can't judge pro basketball talent!   Harvard for the first time in a lifetime had a team to watch w/ Lin and Amaker.   DA should know the kid's game like his son's (maybe that was the problem.   DA watching Dedham HS games instead of Harvard).   OK, you can't always draft who you would like.   But, JLin was a free agent.   DA shoulda known him so well, that he shoulda jumped out of the HS bleachers when JL was cut by Warriors.   Instead, he keeps trying to jam ABradley down our throats...NOT.
       In the old days teams had teritorial draft picks.  Best player going to school in your region is the local teams choice to draft or pass.   ?? Maybe Kemba woulda been the C's first choice, but JL is 6'3" vs 5'10".    I'm not saying that JL shoulda been 1st round pick etc.   But, he definitely shoulda been in Cs camp when he became a f/a.   He may just be having his 15 games of fame (it will be much longer) but, he's already had the career that AB will never have.   P.S:  while JL was scoring 26 the other night, AB had a DNP-CD against the Lake show!
       Yes, I'll keep saying it.   DA can't judge NBA talent.   If you take the biggest name, you'll get an adequate 2nd round pick.   But, if you want to stay competative, you've got to judge ALL the players in college, D-League, bench players, HS, the World.   Too much for DA.   He doesn't have the inate talent for a champion organization.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Where's Harvard?

Agree that it would have been nice to see him playing for the Celtics.  It is always nice when the Celtics has players from local colleges, although, it doesn't happen very often.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Cs need all the young infusion of talent they can get.   DA doesn't know how to get it.  When in his grasp, still can't get it.  What about Barea of Northeastern?   Now JLin.   Boston doesn't have too many college superstars.   When one is around, Cs shouldn't be caught flatfooted.   DA can't judge NBA talent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Where's Harvard?:
    [QUOTE]  Cs need all the young infusion of talent they can get.   DA doesn't know how to get it.  When in his grasp, still can't get it.  What about Barea of Northeastern?   Now JLin.   Boston doesn't have too many college superstars.   When one is around, Cs shouldn't be caught flatfooted.   DA can't judge NBA talent.
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

You forgetting Marshon Brooks from Providence. He could have been a replacement for Ray.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Well, it was MBrooks or JJohnson.   I like JJ if he is truely 6'9" (if 6'7" not a good move cause I don't think his handle is good enough as a sf)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Where's Harvard?:
    [QUOTE]   Well, it was MBrooks or JJohnson.   I like JJ if he is truely 6'9" (if 6'7" not a good move cause I don't think his handle is good enough as a sf)
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think JJ can be a great player, just needs time. Brooks is NBA ready though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Very dissapointing trend.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Danny Ainge and Doc Rivers make a good tandem. One can't judge young talent and the other doesn't care much to develop them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

I can't really see how you can knock DA for not picking up Lin.  There's not a single GM in the league that saw him as a starting pg.  You say Harvard is in DA's backyard, but just look at Golden State, they had him on the their team for a whole year and didn't even see him worthy as being a backup.  The Knicks just got lucky.  They had him playing behind Mike Bibby and Toney Douglas on their depth chart.  It took them almost half a year to even see it worthy to give him a chance with some quality minutes.  Instead of bashing DA, the Lin situation should show how hard it is to judge talent (or at least judge how they'll fare in the NBA).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

I don't even think D'Antoni saw Lin doing what he has been doing the last five games.  He played in the 2nd quarter against the Celtics and looked okay but then he stayed on the pines.

If DA had picked Lin can you imagine how some here would have howled?  Some unknown Asian guy from Harvard?!?! You got to be kidding.

What's intersting will be when Amare and Carmelo come back, particualrly Carmelo.

Stoudimire played in D'Antoni's system and was defending him just a few weeks ago when the NY press was calling for D'Antoni's head.  Amare would welcome a smart PG who can run pick and roll a little like Nash did at PHX. 'Melo?  We'll just have to see.

Lin though sure is a smart guy to call D'Antoni an "offensive genius."  You got to watch these Harvard guys.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

This is truly absurd. Twenty-nine other teams passed on him.

On the other hand, it's not as stupid as the "Jeremy Lin is better than Rondo" thread.

Sections
Shortcuts