Where's Melo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Where's Melo?

So it appears we have a full roster BUT can anyone tell me with a straight face that Melo couldn't help this team in regards to size, rebounding and defense right now?

Ok so he fouls out in 8 minutes...who cares? We need his presence in the middle.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Where's Melo?

As mediocre as Randolph is, he is better than Melo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

we could put Melo and in the starting lineup 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

You guys act like I'm expecting him to play at a sufficient level. My point is it's basketball, it's not brain surgery. He didn't just walk fly in from Mars.

He knows how to block shots, grab a rebound here and there. Why did we use a 1st round pick on a guy no one has any confidence in? I wouldn't be clammoring for him if we had some bigs but playing midget ball isn't going to work. It's going to be tough to rebound with Atlanta tonight.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Yeah I get but I also see us getting killed on the boards and Wilcox makes more mistakes than a rookie. If you're going to play him maybe this is the time. Again, so he makes mistakes here and there. The guys I see out there now are making a ton of mistakes and can't block shots or rebound.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Yeah I get but I also see us getting killed on the boards and Wilcox makes more mistakes than a rookie. If you're going to play him maybe this is the time. Again, so he makes mistakes here and there. The guys I see out there now are making a ton of mistakes and can't block shots or rebound.

Wilcox is better than Bass.

No he is not. http://www.celticslife.com/2013/03/guess-whos-back-brandon-bee-bass.html

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

The Cs are a +.06 with Wilcox on the floor, and a - 9.5 with Bass on the floor.

And Bass usually plays with the starters.

http://www.82games.com/1213/1213BOS.HTM

I don't beleive those are adjusted Plus/Minus stats. Green, terry, Barbosa, Crawford have dominated opposing benches this year. If Wilcox is in with them then of course his plus minus is going to be higher. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I actually have liked Randolph better as atleast he shows that he knows the basics of the game and get up and down the court without laboring and looking like it hurts just to run. The more I see Melo, the more I am mad at myself for saying he could one day anchor and NBA defense. Dude looks 5 years away from contributing right now all I can say is thank god they drafted Sully cuz this dude aint gonna work out here. We dont have the time to develop him and he seems to have soft bones, no touch around the rim and an akward running style that makes him look goofy. I would say Jerome Moiso was a better pick but he went #10 I think, so maybe just a better player. When people are wishing for Moiso to come back, yea you are a bust

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

We need to win every game we can from here on in, just to make the playoffs..otherwise I would agree with you...hopefully, he will be on the roster for the playoffs..just in case..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Doc already has his hands full with all these new players...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to realdfury13's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

So it appears we have a full roster BUT can anyone tell me with a straight face that Melo couldn't help this team in regards to size, rebounding and defense right now?

Ok so he fouls out in 8 minutes...who cares? We need his presence in the middle.

You can't just take any 7 foot male and expect them to play center in the NBA.

That is all Melo is, a 7 foot man, not a basketball player.

It doesn't seem like he even knows how to run properly.

Agreed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

So Ainge drafted a guy in the first round in 2012 that will not be ready to even garner a few spot minutes here and there??

Geez! Fire the scouting staff...what are we doing!

Don't we still have rights to a Euro big? I thought we drafted a guy (can't think of the name) that was still overseas?

When will Doc/Ainge appreciate a guy that's over 6'9? This is borderline discrimination. LOL! Put a APB out for Darko!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Randolph is much better than Melo... Randolph at least runs like an athlete whereas Melo moves like Frankenstein on downers...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Randolph is much better than Melo... Randolph at least runs like an athlete whereas Melo moves like Frankenstein on downers...

HAHAHAHA

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Wilcox is better than Bass.

Sorry Kirk, Wilcox is not better than Bass.

Bass is "serviceable" and a solid , dependable guy in the rotation. 

But Ideally, he's not one of the top 5 guy's in the rotation, he'd be a perfect 8th, 9th or 10th guy

Don't hate on Brandon Bass because he's trying to carry the load as best he can. He is what he is and the Celtics are lucky to have him this season.

Wilcox is at best, the 10th guy in the rotation.....

Now let's talk about Fab Melo, wouldn't you love to  hear that Fab Melo went off and trashed the locker room bacause he was angry over not gettng playing time ? 

I'd love to see it reported that Fab Melo had a Twitter or Facebook meltdown over not playing.

I'd love to hear he went into Doc's office and had a screaming match. I'd love to hear the guy demand to be given a chance.

A 29 yr old guy who was playing in China chipped in more than 20 minutes tonight , where is our  # 1 draft pick ? , he was picked #22nd in the 1st round ! He should be good enough to play NOW!

Had Ainge drafted Perry Jones, he'd be playing every night, don't tell me he's not a true center either, who cares !~ He's big enough.

Yes , where is Fab Melo !

Doc has done a great job this season, getting the team to buy in after Rondo went down is a huge underreported story. He should be up for Coach Of The Year for holding the team together and keeping them from quitting on the season. 

My only criticism is him not getting Fab Melo into the mix , if Melo can't get in now, I wonder if he's good enough to play in the NBA

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

Melo hasn't been playing very well in the Dleague the past few weeks.he's no help

I will be shocked if Melo is on the team next season...