Where's the love for OLY--he is the best new player we have drafted since when?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

Where's the love for OLY--he is the best new player we have drafted since when?

OLY does not look like a normal rookie.  OLY is smart, team-oriented, and has good soft release. It is fun to project that what we saw in Summer League will show itself again as starting forward.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Where's the love for OLY--he is the best new player we have drafted since when?

In response to postal5's comment:

OLY does not look like a normal rookie.  OLY is smart, team-oriented, and has good soft release. It is fun to project that what we saw in Summer League will show itself again as starting forward.

Oly did look good this summer, he looked good in college too.... but thats not the NBA.

I think expectations for Oly are high and Id agree with that. He might really be a great draft pick... but he needs to get on the court agasint NBA players and deal with the rigors of an NBA season before we get too excited.

Its not like Oly came out of college with a Lew Alcindor or Elvin Hayes expectation.. if anything hes been a pleasant surprise and we all got our fingers crossed hes the real deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Where's the love for OLY--he is the best new player we have drafted since when?

My guess is OLY will contribute right away and be a solid player, but within 2 years he'll be as good as he's going to be through his career.  One of those guys who's a better than average bench player or below average starter.

He'll make a lot of money though...the kind you can pass on to your children's children's children.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

To me he is going to be a 14 and 8 guy. I am glad we got him but I don't think he is going to be a star.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Lets wait until he at least plays a few+ games if not a couple of seasons.  He has potential, but he hasn't earned any accolades (or love) at this point.  At this point he is the #3 PF and backup center.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

I love, each year, seeing how our rookies perform out of the gate. Tentative, or fearless. Controlled, or wreckless. Understanding, or lost. Skilled, or raw. It's exciting to me to see a rook check in for his 1st time in the NBA. That moment of "it all starts now" kicks in. I can't take my eyes off them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Another summer league legend, great. 

Will wait till he proves it in a regular season game or two or three....

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another summer league legend, great. 

Will wait till he proves it in a regular season game or two or three....

In most cases, players who perform well in the summer league also play well in the regular season.

Just Lillard last season.

DeRozan and Monroe in 2010.

Harden, Westbrook, and Hibbert in 2009.

I think Olynyk will be one of the top 5 rookies this season.

[/QUOTE]

Way to go Fierce.  You are projecting excellence before the first pre season game.  Now that is pre-season fun.  Waiting until even Bill Simmopns can see a guy is good is soo dull!  I think Oly is going to be good too.  If he ends up a career reserve I will quit posting about anything basketball.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

KO if given minutes with a Team, not a bunch of individuals like we have, will suprise.  He will not dominate the game but within the team concept will have good stats over a 10 game period.  Rondo could bring the individuals together into a team, this should help KO.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to postal5's comment:

Best since Sully...both are very good players that should have bright NBA futures and complimentary skills and strengths.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[/QUOTE]

Best since Sully...both are very good players that should have bright NBA futures and complimentary skills and strengths.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, look at that! A realistic assessment! 

Kelly has looked good thus far, but how can you say he's a better pick than Sully or Avery at this point? That assessment can be made at the end of this season.

List of good draft picks by Ainge:

Rondo

Bradley

Baby

Tony Allen

Al Jefferson

Sullinger

Olynyk

(Green)

(Brooks)

I'm sure there's more

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE

List of good draft picks by Ainge:

Rondo

Bradley

Baby

Tony Allen

Al Jefferson

Sullinger

Olynyk

(Green)

(Brooks)

I'm sure there's more

[/QUOTE]

Drafting is crap shoot.  BB even blows a bunch like T.wilson and Ras I.

Danny's Bad Draft Picks: (to match your 7 Good picks (not trades) but I do 8 since 2007):

JJ

Melo

Joseph

Moore

Harangody

Hudson

Giddens

Pruitt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In the position those guys were drafted, I don't think 50% make it by any means, so maybe not fair to match. It's not like we've drafted much lately in sure fire positions.  Not since green, really.

Sections
Shortcuts