Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013

Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013:

http://sportige.com/los-angeles-lakers-08-2012-with-or-without-dwight-howard-way-over-the-salary-cap/

Ouch!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013:
    In Response to Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : Their net revenue is easily the highest or 2nd highest in the league. The Lakers new $200m/year TV contract kicks in this year. The jaw-dropping number initially reported for the LA Lakers’ new TV deal with Time Warner Cable was $3 billion (a figure disputed by the cable giant), but according to the OC Register, team owner Dr. Jerry Buss and co. could be in line for up to $5 billion from the deal : “That $5 billion is over 25 years – or it’ll be merely $4 billion over 20 years if the future option isn’t exercised. It has been widely and wrongly reported as less. Let’s pause and appreciate how much money one club, starting next season, will get per year all to itself just from local TV: $200 million. http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2011/11/report-lakers%E2%80%99-new-tv-deal-could-be-worth-up-to-5-billion/
    Posted by TommyRules

The largest team salary in the NBA! Their investment better pay-off, or they will be the laughing stock of the league!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

That was under the old CBA! Starting this year, luxury tax penalties will take a huge bite out of mis-managed teams bottom lines!

Ouch!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013:
    In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : No, the luxury tax increase goes into effect for the 2013-14 season. LA has only one problem year as far as salaries which will be the 2013-14 season. As of today, LA is looking at about a $28-$29m luxury tax payment for the 2012-13 season, which is very snall compared to their revenue.
    Posted by TommyRules

28 to 29-million Small!! I would like to hear you defend that position in a board room! Mitch has screwed the Lakers long-term! He has traded away their future (draft picks), and if DH goes to Dallas after this season, flush!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

The Buss family doesn't care about the money, all they care is about rings. By the way it is not my money...
    Laughing
    Is there any owner as competitive as Daddy Jerry Buss???? Don't think so. Here:

It's about 9:30 Friday morning, the Lakers talking to the NBA office and finalizing the deal for Howard when Buss' phone rings.

It's his father, Jerry.

"He wanted to know the terms of the deal, the teams we were dealing with and who was going where," Jim says. "And I'm saying, 'Dad, you just got out of surgery 14 hours ago; what are you talking about? I can't even believe you're on the phone.'

"I was with him [Thursday] night and he was basically incoherent and he was going to be like that for two or three days. But now the nurse has him on the speaker phone, and while I'm thinking he's fallen off and gone to sleep again, he suddenly wants to know the money situation and who gets what and who gives what. Are you kidding me?

"So I tell him, and then I get an, 'Incredible job, Jim,' from him, and let me tell you, that erases all the insults and anything else anyone has to say. To help make him comfortable and happy, that's what I work for."

WOW simply WOW!!!Surprised

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-simers-jim-buss-20120811,0,7100873.column

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : You are really grasping for straws. Mitch is probably viewed as the best or one of the best GM's in the NBA. The Lakers haven't had a draft pick in the single digits since 1982. How has that worked out for them? Draft picks in the late 20's and 50's mean very little. Bynum could have left after this season too so what's the deifference in trading for Dwight? LA has more then enough money to pay the luxury tax payments. The Buss family has approved the salary that LA has. Even with their higher payroll and luxury tax payment, the Buss family will still probably walk away with $100m more then the Celtics owners will in just 1 season.
    Posted by TommyRules

It is a pretty significant straw! Question, name one young player on LA's roster, other than DH (who may bolt to Dallas next season), who might develop in to an all star player!

There are no up-coming players!

Mitch is a short term thinker! To his defense he is likely getting his game plan from the Buss's 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : I hate to say it, but you are spot on. The Lakers current value is over 900 million according to Forbes, while my Celtics are at a mere 480 million. It is sad to say, but the Lakers are worth almost twice as much as my beloved Celtics. Heck, also according to Forbes, the Dallas Mavericks are worth more than my Celtics unfortunately, the darn Dallas Mevericks. Wow!!!
    Posted by GoGREEN!

When gauging the value of an asset, in this case an NBA team, you also want to take in to account how the asset (in this case a business) performs operationally. In addition, you want to attempt to forecast future revenue growth / value.

DH was a risky move! If he bolts next year, no future prospects = flush!

The C's are a much better run team, from an operational viewpoint, and have a much brighter future, from a player development viewpoint.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : Really, because I do not know a single person that would NOT take 900 million as compared to only 480 million. Would you? BTW, this ain't the first year for the Lakers to lead the NBA as the most valubale franchise. And only a fool would think that DH is not re-signing with L.A. You really think he is going to bolt to Dallas to play with a 37 year old Dirk when he knows Mitch Kupchak will always reload and put a competitor on the floor with him in a market that allows him to make who knows much more money as compared to Dallas. Get it together friend. Common sense.
    Posted by GoGREEN!

Let me guess To Big to Fail Right!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : Really, because I do not know a single person that would NOT take 900 million as compared to only 480 million. Would you? BTW, this ain't the first year for the Lakers to lead the NBA as the most valubale franchise. And only a fool would think that DH is not re-signing with L.A. You really think he is going to bolt to Dallas to play with a 37 year old Dirk when he knows Mitch Kupchak will always reload and put a competitor on the floor with him in a market that allows him to make who knows much more money as compared to Dallas. Get it together friend. Common sense.
    Posted by GoGREEN!

+1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : +1
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty

Again, what does your future hold if DH walks out that door? Do you think Bynum will come back?

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : What if Bynum walked next summer? He doesn't care where he plays. He will play in any city that has a bank! You should end your stupidity about now...
    Posted by TommyRules

A drought is coming (if DH walks)!

"But for the Lakers, it was never and will never be about cap space and building for the future. Quick fixes, getting the stars, going for the title. Dwight Howard is just another piece in that formula, which was never about keeping in check with the rest of the league and bending to the limitations the NBA tries to put on teams so that they don’t overreach."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : Again, what does your future hold if DH walks out that door? Do you think Bynum will come back?
    Posted by BCSP

Simple and easy it's called track record my friend, track record. Who many discounted the Lakers for years to come???? We all see what Jim Buss did. How about if he stays???? Why always looking on the negative side??? Was Rick Pitino right when he said "the negativity in this town ______" If he stays in 3 years Lakers will have cap money to work with. This off season Lakers had no cap space and look what great players they got. Like I always say my frieng "You got to trust in Jim Buss" He has his fathers Genes.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

All you have left is HOPING that Dwight leaves... Good luck with that.
    Posted by TommyRules

What was I thinkin? From ESPN:

"One source briefed on Howard's plans told Stein the All-Star center will indeed stand firm on his intent to play out the 2012-13 season without extending his contract so he can become a free agent on July 1, 2013. Going that route will enable Howard to decide how comfortable he is in Los Angeles before deciding whether to re-sign with the Lakers or join the Dallas Mavericks, who will have the requisite salary-cap space to sign Howard and remain one of his preferred destinations from his original list of three teams (Brooklyn Nets, Lakers and Mavericks).

"If Los Angeles doesn't work out for Dwight, Dallas will be there waiting for him," the source told Stein."

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

All you have left is HOPING that Dwight leaves... Good luck with that.
    Posted by TommyRules

Put the scotch down, you moved the discussion to DH! If a player wants to be with a team long-term he ususally signs a long term contract with that team! 

Is that a bead of sweat I see forming on your brow! No issues, I am certain Mitch has a plan B!

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts