Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013:
    In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : Stop lying. You brought up Dwight possibly leaving in this thread. When gauging the value of an asset, in this case an NBA team, you also want to take in to account how the asset (in this case a business) performs operationally. In addition, you want to attempt to forecast future revenue growth / value. DH was a risky move! If he bolts next year, no future prospects = flush! The C's are a much better run team, from an operational viewpoint, and have a much brighter future, from a player development viewpoint. LA is not even 1% worried that Dwight will leave. They said that didn't even come up in their discussions last week. It is a non-story for Lakers management.
    Posted by TommyRules

I learned a long time ago: "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013:
    In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : It is a pretty significant straw! Question, name one young player on LA's roster, other than DH (who may bolt to Dallas next season), who might develop in to an all star player! There are no up-coming players! Mitch is a short term thinker! To his defense he is likely getting his game plan from the Buss's 
    Posted by BCSP

And the Buss family has been the most successful ownership in the sports business. The Lakers are the flagship NBA franchise, with the highest value in the league. And they have been getting it done over the long haul, over and over. They get their fanchise to the final almost 50 percent of the time over a three decades long period, and no one else is even close. And all the thoughts against their success you have been wishing for, and predicting over that time has come up bupkis.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : And the Buss family has been the most successful ownership in the sports business. The Lakers are the flagship NBA franchise, with the highest value in the league. And they have been getting it done over the long haul, over and over. They get their fanchise to the final almost 50 percent of the time over a three decades long period, and no one else is even close. And all the thoughts against their success you have been wishing for, and predicting over that time has come up bupkis.
    Posted by shonasty

Apparently the NBA does not like larger market teams attempting to buy championships every year. This is why the CBA contains new language that penalizes teams for exceeding previously agreed to salary caps. 

The C's read the CBA and adjusted the way they do business! Not LA, they are thumbing there nose at the league, and have decided to continue down the path named "business as usual."

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : Apparently the NBA does not like larger market teams attempting to buy championships every year. This is why the CBA contains new language that penalizes teams for exceeding previously agreed to salary caps.  The C's read the CBA and adjusted the way they do business! Not LA, they are thumbing there nose at the league, and have decided to continue down the path named "business as usual."
    Posted by BCSP

And if the Celtics would have assembled a roster like the Lakers just did, you would be giddy with exitement. Your thoughts on the development would be polar opposite. 

The Lakers are a team that goes for championships, and aren't interested in anything less. The reality is, there is a team in Miami that is stacked, and they happen to be champions. For the Lakers to do anything less than everything they can to try and beat them is just something the Buss family isn't interested in. 

As a fan of their biggest rivalry, it has to hurt a little, so I understand the position you take. But if the Celtics fans were lucky enough to have their ownership go for broke, and do everything they could to chase them down like the Lakers are, the feelings would be different. This I am fully confident. In other words, how do them sour grapes taste?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : So, funny... It's hard to make up stupidity on a higher level then what is posted here. Jordan Hill, Jamison, Nash, Meeks and Ebanks all took less money to sign with the Lakers.
    Posted by TommyRules

Oh my! This A. Jamison:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/antawn-jamison-passes-ball-directly-referee-face-video-173859756.html

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : Oh my! This A. Jamison: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/antawn-jamison-passes-ball-directly-referee-face-video-173859756.html
    Posted by BCSP

That is just tragic.

And now for the goodness. Stretch 4 off the bench playing for less to get that ring:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : So, funny... It's hard to make up stupidity on a higher level then what is posted here. Jordan Hill, Jamison, Nash, Meeks and Ebanks all took less money to sign with the Lakers.
    Posted by TommyRules

Really, they say the memory is the first thing to go! You moved the dicssion to A. Jamison!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : Really, they say the memory is the first thing to go! You moved the dicssion to A. Jamison!
    Posted by BCSP

No, exhibit "A" in proving this statement as false would be this post:

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : Oh my! This A. Jamison: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/antawn-jamison-passes-ball-directly-referee-face-video-173859756.html
    Posted by BCSP

Now, can you state for the record, did you make this post, and change the topic?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : That is just tragic. And now for the goodness. Stretch 4 off the bench playing for less to get that ring: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuzkCo1tYnY&feature=related  
    Posted by shonasty

He did not play well with Lebron (who dominated the ball), which is likely an indication that he will not play well with Kobe (who dominates the ball)!

Stroke of genius Mitch!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : No, exhibit "A" in proving this statement as false would be this post: Now, can you state for the record, did you make this post, and change the topic?
    Posted by shonasty

Really, follow the posts upward! Never argue with an idiot. He’ll drag you down to his level then beat you with experience!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : He did not play well with Lebron (who dominated the ball), which is likely an indication that he will not play well with Kobe (who dominates the ball)! Stroke of genius Mitch!!!
    Posted by BCSP

Yeah, and he was sixth man of the year playing with Nash,  so we will just have to see how it plays out wont we. Man, I can almost feel the pain you are in swallowing the bitter pill this offseason has become for you. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I guess the goal should be signing free agents that just had heart surgery. It's a bad idea so sign one heart surgery patient but to sign 2 in the same summer? What are you doing Danny?
    Posted by TommyRules

Before we move on, let's agree that you (not me) are changing the topic of discussion!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : Yeah, and he was sixth man of the year playing with Nash,  so we will just have to see how it plays out wont we. Man, I can almost feel the pain you are in swallowing the bitter pill this offseason has become for you. 
    Posted by shonasty

The NBA's 6th man of the year plays for the C's, and they call him the Jet!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : Before we move on, let's agree that you (not me) are changing the topic of discussion!
    Posted by BCSP

Does it matter? So, you say taking on Howard was a risk, but if you were Lakers management, would you have taken on the risk?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : The NBA's 6th man of the year plays for the C's, and they call him the  Jet!
    Posted by BCSP

Actually the NBA sixth man of the year is named James Harden. He plays for Oklahoma.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : So you're saying Jim Buss will also give away his daughter to the coach that will replace clown Mike Brown? HAHAHA
    Posted by Fiercest34

Of course, like I said it's all about the rings. His dad did the same with Jeane to bring Phil Jackson. Like I said, it's in the genes...
    Laughing
    By the way it's their daughters not mine, as long as they keep bringing rings I will be happy...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : Does it matter? So, you say taking on Howard was a risk, but if you were Lakers management, would you have taken on the risk?
    Posted by shonasty

Apparently it matters to you and Tommy Bahama! Again, scroll through the posts.

Step back into the fig and breath deeply!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : Apparently it matters to you and Tommy Bahama! Again, scroll through the posts. Step back into the fig and breath deeply!
    Posted by BCSP

Not really, I am way past it. In fact I am so over it, I don't care enough to even look at the past posts. I have already made up my mind, and moved on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : Not really, I am way past it. In fact I am so over it, I don't care enough to even look at the past posts. I have already made up my mind, and moved on.
    Posted by shonasty

Let me leave you with this:

Q: What do the Los Angeles Lakers and possums have in common?

Wait for it

A: Both play dead at home and get killed on the road!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shonasty. Show shonasty's posts

In Response to Re: Which NBA Team Has the Biggest Salary Cap Issue in 2012-2013 : Let me leave you with this: Q: What do the Los Angeles Lakers and possums have in common? Wait for it A: Both play dead at home and get killed on the road!
    Posted by BCSP

The Celtics played dead from 1987 to 2007, does that mean they have stuff in common with the Possum too?

Sections
Shortcuts